Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim and Marie are moving to Paris  (Read 58779 times)
BubbaGumpShrimp

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »

Parliament granted Jokke his apanage, on the condition that he also work at the Danish embassy in Paris to the extent that his work as an attaché allows him to do so, and keeps up with his charitable work in Denmark (again, to the extent that his attaché work lets him).

The military says they asked for him, once they realized he didn't have anything else to do, and decided to cancel the official job search then. Presumably, since the military won't have to pay the costs of having an attaché (since Jokke gets his apanage), it's a nifty way for them to save money.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »

One thing I"m positive about re Jokke and Marie leaving, is that the Danish people will have to take their attention off Jokke and finally get around to seeing what Mary is actually like. Jokke out of the picture ... new focus needed! Fred frankly is too much of a tepid sago pudding for anyone to even bother prodding, so he'll stay right out of any picture. As someone said, he sort of wanders into an occasion, then you forget he is there!

I so hope Jokke and Marie will remain in the public eye, media-wise,  though.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2020, 04:54:36 AM »

My thesis is that Joachim and Marie don't want to be in Denmark once Mary "ascends the throne" (in Australian tabloid parlance). They are dipping out early, while it won't create a scandal, and with a good excuse.

I think that pretty much nailed it - their children are too far from the throne to profit from their position - so they might have decided to let them grow up in France as normal citizens instead of "cousins of the king" in Denmark.

We should also not forget that Joachim has an excellent judgement of people and he has insider knowledge - he knows what makes Frodo Frodo while we can only speculate what could be wrong. He also knows that Marge, at her present age, will not continue working for a while - so then king Frodo the unable will have to take over who at times has no engagement for weeks, misses the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz and goes hunting ... His wife is clueless and ambitious and clearly no fun to work with. And Christian is nearly a child. This is not likely a successful team to represent Denmark on a national or international level.

If he lived in Denmark when that happened - people would expect him to step in - and Marie. Then the comparisons would start - Jokke vs. Frodo, Marie vs. Mary. In the end they would have to hand over the show to Mares and Christian and disappear again. If he would not step in he would be the mean brother. So he decided to disappear while mom is successfully running the show and in future, if needed, turn up at times but also say "Excusez-moi, je suis ..." at others.

From what I've read, the comparisons have always been there. Freddles v Jokke, Mares v Marie.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2020, 01:13:42 AM »

Just my two cents on the topic, I agree with everyone who says moving to Paris is a good move or a natural thing given their position etc. The only thing I'm concerned about is their patronages. Marie has some fantastic causes and has done some really good work with them, such as the food waste or HIV/Aids causes. I hope such serious patronages dont get passed onto the likes of Frodo and Mares because, quite simply, I dont think that they would care enough to sustain those patronages.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2020, 09:34:31 AM »

Quote from: Miss Marple link=topic=16643.msg1282330
We should also not forget that Joachim has an excellent judgement of people and he has insider knowledge - he knows what makes Frodo Frodo while we can only speculate what could be wrong. He also knows that Marge, at her present age, will not continue working for a while - so then king Frodo the unable will have to take over who at times has no engagement for weeks, misses the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz and goes hunting ... His wife is clueless and ambitious and clearly no fun to work with. And Christian is nearly a child. This is not likely a successful team to represent Denmark on a national or international level.

If he lived in Denmark when that happened - people would expect him to step in - and Marie. Then the comparisons would start - Jokke vs. Frodo, Marie vs. Mary. In the end they would have to hand over the show to Mares and Christian and disappear again. If he would not step in he would be the mean brother. So he decided to disappear while mom is successfully running the show and in future, if needed, turn up at times but also say "Excusez-moi, je suis ..." at others.

Yep.

Jokke might be seen as arrogant and snooty, but on the positive side, he has done a good job with his children (Nikolai and Felix seem very well adjusted for their position, and Henrik and Athena seem polite and well behaved for their ages) and he is clearly very intelligent and with it, capable of reading people and situations very well.

Jokke knows what is going to happen - basically exactly what you said. Marge does not have a lot of working years left, but his big brother does not have it in him to do the work and duties of the King. When the worst happens, Christian will either still be in high school, or he will only have very recently become an adult, and public opinion will turn very fast on Frodo (and by extension, Mor) if Christian has to quit his studies early or basically go from "high school graduation to full time Royal". That is when narcissist Queen Mary will be begging Jokke and Marie to come and pick up the slack because Frodo is useless and X and Izzy aren't old enough to be full time royals. Once Christian is old enough to take over duties and Isabella is old enough to serve as a "spare who does the less glamorous engagements", it will be time to toss Jokke and Marie to the wolves to make sure the now "main" line is protected.

Because Jokke is smart, he's knows this is how it would play out.

Instead of fighting Derf and Mor, he's basically said "Ok, you win, country and spotlight is all yours".

Mor is probably delighted, thinking she has won. They are gone! It is all about her and her husband and her kids now.

But she hasn't won.  

I don't think either Derf or Mor realise that what Jokke has actually done is handed them the entire rope without a fight, knowing that his big brother and his self obsessed sister-in-law are dumb enough to eventually hang themselves with the rope and then when they do, everyone will finally see how lazy, useless and entitled they are.

Jokke is playing a very clever long game here and it is one that allows his wife and his children to have happier lives away from the crazy extended family.

I just feel really sorry for Christian in this whole mess, and Isabella too, if she ends up having to play the same "we'll love you for a while and then toss you to the wolves once your brother gets a wife and produces an heir" spare role Jokke did for years.

He's still just a kid, and it is not his fault he was born to a lazy useless lump of a father who seemingly refuses to deal with his mental health issues so he can be a capable and fit king and parent, and a mother who is a self obsessed narcissist. Isabella in particularly didn't ask to be born to a mother who clearly resents the hell out of her for existing and treats her like shit because she has seemingly unfairly assigned blame to her daughter for the fact that her husband seemed to stopped loving her around the same time Izzy was born. The whole family is a fucking mess that needs a LOT of family therapy. The poor kids are the victims of horrible parenting.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:44:40 AM by TheMorWearsPrada » Logged

periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2020, 05:08:55 PM »

But don't Danish people already know that Fred and Mary are lazy and useless? I thought that was the real problem that people just go along with this fantasy that Fred is some really cool dude and Mary may not be spectacular but he chose her so she gets praise by extension? I think there is something wrapped up in the Danish psyche about the royal family that they just pretend everything and everyone is ok. Joachim gets to be the scapegoat because he is snobby and down the line. If Danes are willing to disregard the smart one because the one who will be king is a fun normal doofus then they will certainly be ok when the doofus and his ding-dong wife are in the top slots. Maybe Christian will then be the focus of the attention because he will come off somewhat normal compared to his parents. I fear for Isabella that she will be targeted by the press if she is anything other than a straight and narrow person. The press always needs a scapegoat or foil.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »

Quote from: Miss Marple link=topic=16643.msg1282330

Yep.

Jokke might be seen as arrogant and snooty, but on the positive side, he has done a good job with his children (Nikolai and Felix seem very well adjusted for their position, and Henrik and Athena seem polite and well behaved for their ages) and he is clearly very intelligent and with it, capable of reading people and situations very well.

Jokke knows what is going to happen - basically exactly what you said. Marge does not have a lot of working years left, but his big brother does not have it in him to do the work and duties of the King. When the worst happens, Christian will either still be in high school, or he will only have very recently become an adult, and public opinion will turn very fast on Frodo (and by extension, Mor) if Christian has to quit his studies early or basically go from "high school graduation to full time Royal". That is when narcissist Queen Mary will be begging Jokke and Marie to come and pick up the slack because Frodo is useless and X and Izzy aren't old enough to be full time royals. Once Christian is old enough to take over duties and Isabella is old enough to serve as a "spare who does the less glamorous engagements", it will be time to toss Jokke and Marie to the wolves to make sure the now "main" line is protected.

Because Jokke is smart, he's knows this is how it would play out.

Instead of fighting Derf and Mor, he's basically said "Ok, you win, country and spotlight is all yours".

Mor is probably delighted, thinking she has won. They are gone! It is all about her and her husband and her kids now.

But she hasn't won.  

I don't think either Derf or Mor realise that what Jokke has actually done is handed them the entire rope without a fight, knowing that his big brother and his self obsessed sister-in-law are dumb enough to eventually hang themselves with the rope and then when they do, everyone will finally see how lazy, useless and entitled they are.

Jokke is playing a very clever long game here and it is one that allows his wife and his children to have happier lives away from the crazy extended family.

I just feel really sorry for Christian in this whole mess, and Isabella too, if she ends up having to play the same "we'll love you for a while and then toss you to the wolves once your brother gets a wife and produces an heir" spare role Jokke did for years.

He's still just a kid, and it is not his fault he was born to a lazy useless lump of a father who seemingly refuses to deal with his mental health issues so he can be a capable and fit king and parent, and a mother who is a self obsessed narcissist. Isabella in particularly didn't ask to be born to a mother who clearly resents the hell out of her for existing and treats her like shit because she has seemingly unfairly assigned blame to her daughter for the fact that her husband seemed to stopped loving her around the same time Izzy was born. The whole family is a fucking mess that needs a LOT of family therapy. The poor kids are the victims of horrible parenting.

Excellent points all around, Mor!  Star

By the time Mares realizes she needs the help, the Schacks will be long gone and have hopefully unfriended her on FB and gotten new cell phones.

The second in line normally has it rough, as we continue to see on an almost daily basis.  If Izzy is wise, she’s keeping a Mommy Dearest journal  to help her get what she needs later on, because she probably knows that Mares has limited maternal instinct.
katymc2

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2020, 09:20:20 PM »

Not sure if this is the correct thread but this is the interview that the couple did just before Joachim went to hospital

https://twitter.com/heave.../1288523966076932096?s=21
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2020, 09:23:42 PM »

"It wasn't our choice", what does that mean? they were forced to or it wasn't what they thought would happen but life took them that way?

If its the first then I wonder who forced them out of Denmark?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2020, 02:32:48 AM »

Maybe you get a better sence of the interview excerpts...translated by Heaven

Before Prince Joachim was hospitalized last week, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie gave an interview to Danish magazine Se og Hør. The interview was published today. Read more below.

First, the Court released a statement yesterday about Prince Joachim’s health following his hospitalization:

Following the news of Prince Joachim’s hospitalization, Danish magazine Se og Hør revealed that Prince Joachim and Princess Marie gave them an interview during their holidays in France. The interview was published in today’s issue of Se og Hør. I have translated all the quotes below. Se og Hør said that the interview took place during a walk between the small town of Luzech and the Château de Cayx. They also said that the interview was not previously agreed to by the Court’s communication department.

Interview excerpts:

About needed to go on holidays after the past year, Prince Joachim said: “[The new job] will be challenging but I look forward to it. So I think the holiday is much needed. For all of us.” Prince Joachim’s military training meant he had classes six days of the week from 9am to 7pm. Se og Hør’s headline is that the Prince was exhausted before he had to go to the hospital because of the blood clot.

About their holidays, Se og Hør said that Joachim & Marie would go to the bakery every morning to get breakfast for their family and that they “shone and looked like a newly in love couple, even though they have just had their 12th wedding anniversary.”

About his new job, Prince Joachim said: “It’s never too late. This is a natural continuation of the training. The in-depth knowledge I have gained of the French defense and of course I now know 25 senior French officers in the top management. “

Asked if ten years ago, it would have imagined this path for himself, he says: “No. 10 years ago I was a farmer. It’s that simple.” which made the couple laughs.

When the Se og Hør reporter asks Prince Joachim why he chose a new path in life, Princess Marie said: “It is not always us who decide.” When the reporter tried to get her to explain what she meant, she said: “No. It is not always us who decide. I think that’s important to know.”

Prince Joachim then said: “And then there is the saying to it: The study that is so unique. It is not one you can search for. So once it fell into place, then I would say it is a natural consequence. Before I was invited to that study, I had not even heard of it. There are very few who have.”

Se og Hør wrote: “Thus, Joachim supports Marie’s claim that the move to France was not their choice. The Prince emphasized that he had never had a burning desire to live in Paris.”

Se og Hør wrote that even though it looks like the couple accepted their lives as “exiled Danes”, the year has been difficult. Princess Marie said: “No, I think it has been challenging for me because I had to support my husband and take care of our children. That was what I had to do. We have to see what comes. But of course I have to settle down. Now it is my turn. For I have been 100% with my husband and I have cared for my children. And of course it was with joy, but I also have to think about that causes that matters to me.”

Princess Marie also emphasized that she would choose Denmark as her home any time : “Uh, I was so happy living in Denmark. I loved living in Denmark. Denmark is just such a wonderful country to be in. Everything works well and there are not many problems. But I come from Paris. So for me, this is nothing new. If we can go back and forth between France and Denmark, then that would be great.”

When asked if going back and forth between France and Denmark was the future plan, Princess Marie said: “We really do not know. We were thrown into it without thinking much.” Se og Hør noted that in October 2019, Prince Joachim had already said that he had been strongly encouraged by the Queen to accept the military training.

Princess Marie also talked about how difficult it also was for the children. She said: “It has been a very strange year because there has been coronavirus and the strikes in France. So it may have been a little difficult for them to find to their everyday life. But I think it will come. They speak French now. But they have not been to school for more than three month. So it’s totally wild. It’s a little annoying for them because it’s their first year in France. But we have tried to continue with the French and we really think they have learned a lot.”

Se og Hør also said that Prince Joachim was tired of the press writing about his apenage. When the reporter started asking about the criticism, Joachim cut him off and said “Well, it’s over”. Asked about what he thought of the criticism, Joachim joked: “Se og Hør is really good at headline criticism. Do you know what would be most fair? Not writing about it.”

Princess Marie said: “But he is right. It has been unfair. Because he loves his country, and he works for Denmark, and he is proud to be a Dane and to be able to help where he can. And I do not think one should only say the negative. One must also say the positive.”

Prince Joachim also said that he was very proud of Prince Felix and that he was proud that Felix was considering a military career like his father.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie also gave an interview to French local newspaper La Dépêche, a few hours before Joachim’s accident.

About the Chateau de Cayx, Prince Joachim said: “This is the most beautiful balcony in France. Being able to enjoy it is one of my best privileges. It’s hard to go without it. My very first trip abroad was in the Lot [the French department in which Cayx is located]. I was three months old. My father was born here. I come here almost every year, especially in the summer. It is a department that is particularly close to my heart because I have lived wonderful moments there with my family and always with this exceptional view. The particular green of the vines is fascinating and relaxing. It helps us relax. It is very healthy. You don’t see such colors anywhere else. With my brother and my cousins, we loved discovering the secret places around Cayx, we made treehouses and barns with the utmost care.”

Princess Marie said: “For my part, I have been coming to the Lot for 12 years. I sat on the edge of this balcony that my husband talks about and I fell in love with this extraordinary place. It was love at first sight. We both love the local gastronomy, good wine and above all the authentic side of this department. We don’t come here to see the Lot, but to experience it.”

Princess Marie also said that the couple tried fishing without success. Prince Joachim said:”We go to the Cayx water sports center, we go hiking. But the main thing here is relaxation.”

The newspaper reports that during their stay in Cayx, the family went to the Cité de l’Espace in Toulouse and were planning on visiting Albi’s cathedral and the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum before going back to Paris.

The newspaper also says that while Prince Joachim will start his new job in September, Princess Marie wants to continue pursuing her passion for photography. She is also working on a French version of her cookbook against food waste ‘Food with Respect’ that was a success in Denmark.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2020, 02:36:01 AM »

If that was really "decided for them" to excile them, because that what it is, as though not to interfere with the presence of the Derf's it's a total shitty move.

But I guess the comparison of those two family in the news is something that would have bothered the CP family. WOW, the more I think about the nastier it gets.

Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2020, 11:50:27 AM »

Why would Daisy even allow them to be forced out? Has it got something to do with the fact that Madame can be made regent?
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2020, 01:15:37 PM »

or a demand that he lose his appanage?

When asked if going back and forth between France and Denmark was the future plan, Princess Marie said: “We really do not know. We were thrown into it without thinking much.” Se og Hør noted that in October 2019, Prince Joachim had already said that he had been strongly encouraged by the Queen to accept the military training.[/b]

Se og Hør also said that Prince Joachim was tired of the press writing about his apenage. When the reporter started asking about the criticism, Joachim cut him off and said “Well, it’s over”. Asked about what he thought of the criticism, Joachim joked: “Se og Hør is really good at headline criticism. Do you know what would be most fair? Not writing about it.”

Princess Marie said: “But he is right. It has been unfair. Because he loves his country, and he works for Denmark, and he is proud to be a Dane and to be able to help where he can. And I do not think one should only say the negative. One must also say the positive.”

I am at a loss. Joachim has been given a job to either join an exclusive unit or had a job created for him and Marie complains? Especially in the age of COVID-19 where people are losing jobs, taking pay-cuts, have no idea how they will feed their families, are taking their lives?  We know of kids who are so stressed by their parents financial circumstances due to the depressed economy they talk about suicide. And Marie complains? It doesn't matter who her beef is with. To complain while sitting in the lap of luxury about the job gifted your husband is beyond the pale.

Sounds like other welfare recipients living in the lap of luxury.

We can hope that whatever frame of mind they conducted this interview in, Joachim's survival and recovery help them appreciate the life they have and the livelihood they have been given.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 01:24:43 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »

or a demand that he lose his appanage?

When asked if going back and forth between France and Denmark was the future plan, Princess Marie said: “We really do not know. We were thrown into it without thinking much.” Se og Hør noted that in October 2019, Prince Joachim had already said that he had been strongly encouraged by the Queen to accept the military training.[/b]

I am at a loss. Joachim has been given a job to either join an exclusive unit or had a job created for him and Marie complains? Especially in the age of COVID-19 where people are losing jobs, taking pay-cuts, have no idea how they will feed their families, are taking their lives?  We know of kids who are so stressed by their parents financial circumstances due to the depressed economy they talk about suicide. And Marie complains? It doesn't matter who her beef is with. To complain while sitting in the lap of luxury about the job gifted your husband is beyond the pale.

Sounds like other welfare recipients living in the lap of luxury.

We can hope that whatever frame of mind they conducted this interview in, Joachim's survival and recovery help them appreciate the life they have and the livelihood they have been given.

It seems some wives of previous 2nd in lines don't get it. If you marry into a Royal Family where the elder brother/sister already has children then you are irrelevant in a dynastic sense. You are on the public payroll - although you probably shouldn't be. So having to take poor press is part of the territory - "balancing it with good" is nonsense - press call it as they see it. We roll our eyes at those who cry "poor me/us" irrespective of where they live
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2020, 02:10:59 PM »

For what it’s worth, bullying can happen to people in priviledged positions as well.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: