Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim and Marie are moving to Paris  (Read 27882 times)
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 12:27:55 AM »

This will be a marvelous experience for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. France is a beautiful country to reside in.
fogdancer
Banned
Banned
Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 03:56:14 AM »

This will be a marvelous experience for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. France is a beautiful country to reside in.

Such a brilliant idea, get away of Madame.

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2019, 09:28:15 PM »

Honestly I could imagine they are looking into the future - one day King Frodo I will happen. And if he "works" anything like he works now, he won't be a success story. But he has four heirs, so Jokke's kids won't have any say in the matter anyway.

It might be the wisest to eventually move to France, where (1) Marie is from, (2) the kids can have a rather normal life and won't be the cousins of, (3) Jokke and Marie have some distance to Denmark, especially when things start to be rotten in Denmark ...
Rescue

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2019, 10:03:06 PM »

It would be terrible if Joachim and Marie left Denmark for France, permanently.
I understand that this is a great opportunity for Joachim, and of course he should do it, but I would actually really like that both Joachim and Marie did a lot more work in Denmark.

As things are now, a lot falls on Mary, who is made the center of everything, Frederik does very little.
I realise it might be inappropriate for Joachim as the second son to have a more public profile then his brother, but in the current situation it is sorely needed.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2019, 03:11:20 PM »

As things are now, a lot falls on Mary, who is made the center of everything, Frederik does very little.
I realise it might be inappropriate for Joachim as the second son to have a more public profile then his brother, but in the current situation it is sorely needed.

Yes and no. If Frodo becomes king he has to rock the show ... somehow. A bit like Sweden - CG is working, but does not come across very likeable. At least he reacted and got a nice wife doing all the work and getting sympathies ... and three kids. Frodo was not clever enough for that.

I guess Mary will go beserk if Jokke and Marie outshine her or Frodo. Frodo ist not able to work. Or not interested. Or both. Even if it is not adressed, it is a problem. Mares used to work more, but with rather little success. If they realize that they need Jokke and Marie things will be different. But if they are regarded as "unwanted opposition" it might be best for them (and the kids) to leave. 
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »

Yeah Mary would go cuckoo bananas if Marie & Jokke outshone her; I'm guessing she's unaware they already do. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 08:01:40 PM »

It would be terrible if Joachim and Marie left Denmark for France, permanently.
I understand that this is a great opportunity for Joachim, and of course he should do it, but I would actually really like that both Joachim and Marie did a lot more work in Denmark.

so do we. We would like to see much more reporting on his events here in Denmark, and as much photos as they take at Fred/Yrma's events.

The problem is that they are down-played by the Royal greymen and Danish media on purpose as though not to overshadow the CPs couple. They know it, and we - as longstanding observers - know it full well too.

Events on the Schack's are either reported on late, with one or two photos, especially Joachim's, or just left off the calendar entirely. When I emailed the DRF, they replied back that the focus is and should be on the CPs couple.

So watcha gonna do.

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2019, 08:19:52 PM »

We have seen the royal houses being slimmed down in the last decades.The BRF still has lots of members attending events because of the Commonwealth and their charities or projects. But all the others have been reduced to a minimum - for cost reasons,I suppose. So, unless they are really needed, PJ , PM and family will just attend family events, like their aunts and cousins before them. And if, for some reason , PF were seen unsuitable for the post or decided to quit, then ,in my opinion,  a different issue would arise : the role of monarchy, which has been restricted to just one family, PF's.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 03:06:55 AM »

The announcement from kongehuset.dk declared: As of September of this year until summer of 2020, Prince Joachim will take part in France's highest ranking military leadership training.   
Has there been an update on the exact month in the summer of 2020?
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 03:22:42 AM »

The announcement from kongehuset.dk declared: As of September of this year until summer of 2020, Prince Joachim will take part in France's highest ranking military leadership training.   

OPSEC may not allow one to be given.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 10:25:28 PM »

What is OPSEC?
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 10:33:30 PM »

What is OPSEC?

Operations security (maybe?)
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 11:57:46 PM »

What is OPSEC?

Operational Security. It's not releasing details about military movements/training/deployments unless you need to know.  With whats been going on they may not be advertising where/when this higher level officer training will be.

PERSEC is personal security, keeping personal info secret/secure.  It gets drilled into you as a military spouse and in fact a SOF wife got her husband recalled from a deployment and relieved of being a 1stSGT because of her blogging everything. He was basically forced to retire due to his wife not keeping things quiet.
jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »

A great opportunity for Joachim. I don't know if he's deserving of the honour, or Macron did it for PR (and other) reasons, and frankly, I don't know what is the exact point of the training, but if he excels or even if he's just good at it, it certainly opens up more opportunities for him, especially in working for international and European organisations, if that is something he's looking to do. His brother has a set path, so I don't really blame Joachim for wanting to set another path that is totally independent of that of his brother.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 08:34:54 PM »

A great opportunity for Joachim. I don't know if he's deserving of the honour, or Macron did it for PR (and other) reasons, and frankly, I don't know what is the exact point of the training, but if he excels or even if he's just good at it, it certainly opens up more opportunities for him, especially in working for international and European organisations, if that is something he's looking to do. His brother has a set path, so I don't really blame Joachim for wanting to set another path that is totally independent of that of his brother.

I don't think that Macron had much (if anything) to do with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: