Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim and Marie are moving to Paris  (Read 55532 times)
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:26 PM »

P.S. I know wrong thread but ... I can imagine that the Shacks will eventually re-locate to France. Derf's family consists of Derf + Yrma + four children. Nikolai and Felix seem to be Copenhagen based (because of Alex) and they are basically grown up making their own decisions. Felix will turn 18 next year.

If Jokke wants to "help out" Frodo he can also do this while living in France. I am not so sure if Marie is too fond of Denmark or her in-laws (surely she is not best friends with Mary). I could imagine that Jokke and Marie have decided it is best for their children to grow up in France and this currently is a test if they like it and what the Danish public says about that.
 Hug Miss Marple: I have copied your post across from another thread:

From the DRF website:
"The additional training in France supplements Prince Joachim’s current post in the Danish Defence, where the Prince is special advisor to the chief of defense in relation to the reserve since 2015."
http://kongehuset.dk/en/n...itary-training-in-france2

Is Jokke expected to bring back the skills and knowledge primarily for the benefit of the Danish military?   Thinking

Surely Marie does not have to flee Denmark to escape the "talons" of Mares?

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2020, 11:42:03 PM »

When I click on the link you provided it says "page couldn't be found".

BubbaGumpShrimp

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:39 PM »

Joachim and marie will be staying in Paris for 3 years as a military attaché: https://www.bt.dk/royale/...rins-joachim-faar-nyt-job
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2020, 01:08:34 PM »

Good for him...though I would be happier if he was taking the standard salary and refused his allowance (or whatever it's called in Denmark).  Granted he will still be working for Denmark so I'm slightly just splitting hairs and I'm sure at least Marie will find time to carry out engagements.  Plus it would be a pretty drastic pay cut.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »

I’d love to go OT with some advice....😹
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2020, 02:17:52 PM »

Joachim and marie will be staying in Paris for 3 years as a military attaché: https://www.bt.dk/royale/...rins-joachim-faar-nyt-job

That's why I was expecting...No return to Denmark for now... Sad

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »

Oh well he is another spare with ..... lots of talents .... or not ....
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2020, 03:29:26 PM »

Crap Sad I miss them in Denmark already and I was really looking forward to them coming home.

The minister for the Danish military said in an interview that Joachim working in this position will be a gain for Denmark (I don’t know if I’ve translated it correctly). Militarywise, this is part of a bigger thing where Denmark will be working more closely together with France’s military.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 03:38:17 PM by Harley » Logged

BubbaGumpShrimp

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2020, 03:49:42 PM »

I’d love to go OT with some advice....😹

Hehehe! You and me and some experts both!

One expert has already talked to the press about how Joachim will need to remain visible in Denmark in terms of his duties as a prince, because an apanage is an unusually high salary for an attaché :-) . And the first press release stated that this new gig will take precedence over all other princely duties
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2020, 03:57:12 PM »

He will still be performing some functions in Denmark as a prince during these three years. They said so on the news.

Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2020, 04:13:26 PM »

While attending his course keep his allowance was more acceptable but now moving for at least 3 years (and possibly longer) it's not the best look especially when you consider that going forward allowances are being limited to only future monarchs (Christian) and this summer Felix will turn 18 and therefore Alexandra will give up her allowance.  I understand each side of the argument and I just hope that at least Marie is as visible as possible so they are being seen to "earn" their allowance.  I would be more comfortable with a more Princess Madeleine of Sweden approach where they receive an allowance only for duties preformed.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2020, 04:27:30 PM »

I am wondering if this is signalling larger changes ahead like Fred and Mary finally taking over? There doesn't seem to be enough room in one country for all of them, or Mary doesn't want any competition.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2020, 04:34:01 PM »

It was a test - test is passed, the Danish people don't miss him to an extend that he has to come back. He is a discarded spare - his brother has brought four children between Jokke and the throne. They did that cleverly - endeared themselves to the Danish people. Carefully tried what would happen if they left the country and passed that test.

What will happen in the future? Daisy has passed the 80. She might be able to do her job for another five or ten years but in forseeable future the next generation will have to start working. Frodo is totally unsuitable, something nobody seems to question. He is an absentee representant. So someone needs to fill in - his kids are too young. Mares is not talented enough, she is ambitious, yes, but she is not sufficient.

Would mean: If Jokke and Marie were there, they would have to fill in all the time while raising their children as "working citizens" because Denmark would surely not be prepared to have all the eight kids (Jokke and Frodo) on their payroll - and one day their partners, children. Beging "forced partners" of Frodo the sleepy and listless and Mares the vain would give more trouble than gain for them. So they left the country quietly and live a quiet life in Paris where they can live anonymously and Jokke can continue to get his apanage, because he is still working for Denmark.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2020, 05:33:02 PM »

I was hoping that they would go back to Denmark for good, and instead they are extending their stay. Maybe Joachim really wanted to do something different with his life than the farmer and the prince, and this might be the right time, while Daisy is still active and in good health, Fred works part-time as usual, and Mary is happy to do her part as long as the money, clothes etc keep coming.
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2020, 05:48:59 PM »

It sounds less like behind the scenes power moves at the palace and more like the militaries of the two countries see extreme value in Joachim. Why wouldn't he take the offer to stay longer since his stupid brother and his stupid wife don't even like them. They all speak the language it will be good for the kids and they will still be coming back to Denmark on the regular for work and presumably vacations and visiting granny Marge. I think it is pretty clear that Fred and Mary don't care about them and now that Marge has lost Henri and gotten a boyfriend that everyone is comfortable in their private corners. Joachim has duty built into him so I hope he is thriving and gearing up for a grand re-entry. He certainly suits a uniform better than Fred does.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: