Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - News & Events 2019  (Read 42353 times)
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21:00 AM »

It's strange that after all these years, S and court are worried now about her past. Did they really expect to keep it for ever hidden?

I dont know, but I can guess that since there has been no public outcry for years they may have felt like there would never be one.

I think they had a grace period.  The honeymoon phase...but now that Vic, CP and Madeleine are all settled with families, the papers have to find stories somewhere.

Sofia can't come out and say that she regrets her actions now, as she's said one too many times that she has no regrets.  It is what it is at this point...if anything, I can see the court issuing a statement reprimanding the papers for focusing so heavily on the past instead of on her current priorities and focuses.

Which one??...oh wait the ones she copied from her sisters in law, the ones she got with help from FIL (which was removed from royal auntie) and such. And let's not forget the charity she was said to distance herself from: Project Playground.

Star  Star  Thumb up
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »

I really don'T understand that the SRF accepted Snakey in the first place.
CP should had be forced to given up his royal status (yes, I know, that his Daddy would never ever have done this becuase of his little golden boy).
Anyhow, IMHO it's about time that Snakey owns her past and apologise for her actions

Apparently the King and Queen were horrified when CP starting seeing her, especially after Emma Persaud who was very popular with the family. But they were reluctant about Daniel too, because he was a personal trainer and refused to learn English at first. They should have been thrilled that he was helping their daughter overcome her anorexia. Snake is not only not owning up to her past, she doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »

I'm unsure about reports Daniel refused to learn English. The extent to which it is taught in Swedish schools makes me think that Daniel would have been a competent speaker, though probably not fluent. I've always seen those rumours about Daniel in the same league as the ones about Chris: little truth in it and designed to influence public opinion negatively.
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2019, 05:35:17 PM »

I don't see that it would turn people's opinion in a negative way at all, he may have been reluctant to speak it, and it did take the couple 9 years before they tied the knot.  I also don't recall anything particularly negative about Chris. He obviously loves Maddie, and after that awful experience with Jonas Bergstrom, I think the family welcomed him with open arms. Indeed, the Queen referred to him as " the perfect son-in-law".  Daniel has done exceptionally well, and he and Vic really seem like soul mates.
Snake however may be a different story. I'm not sure how accepted she is by the SRF.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »

Well I guess Silvia's face and posture at the official engagement of Carl Syphillis and Snakey already told stories IMO Wink Smiley
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2019, 07:43:46 PM »

I'm unsure about reports Daniel refused to learn English. The extent to which it is taught in Swedish schools makes me think that Daniel would have been a competent speaker, though probably not fluent. I've always seen those rumours about Daniel in the same league as the ones about Chris: little truth in it and designed to influence public opinion negatively.

At the marriage reception, Daniel held a speech of about 10 minutes (by heart, btw) - in both Swedish and English. The whole speech was excellent, his English was excellent. He didn't sound as someone who had "just learnt" it after being reluctant before, but as someone who knew the language for longer.
It's a pity that the Swedish press is obviously always against the married in men (both of which were private citizens with a business before), but has little to say against the married in woman, who was a public figure to the extent that every Swede has seen her naked ...
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2019, 08:55:11 PM »

Well said, Kaiserin Star
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2019, 09:22:57 PM »

At the marriage reception, Daniel held a speech of about 10 minutes (by heart, btw) - in both Swedish and English. The whole speech was excellent, his English was excellent. He didn't sound as someone who had "just learnt" it after being reluctant before, but as someone who knew the language for longer.
It's a pity that the Swedish press is obviously always against the married in men (both of which were private citizens with a business before), but has little to say against the married in woman, who was a public figure to the extent that every Swede has seen her naked ...
Thumb up Star

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2019, 10:23:18 PM »

99% of the time I stay away from this thread completely. However, I saw some activity happening and wrongly thought that maybe, just maybe I could read without feeling sick.  Wrong.  Again.

I have written and deleted three posts without being able to post them. Sofia makes my stomach churn so much I feel physically ill. 

As far as her past coming forward again and people talking; people talk, no one owes you silence.

A teacher once told my class: "A secret is something which only one person knows."   

Her statement on rape was, still is, and will Forever be abhorrent. Despicable.

anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

99% of the time I stay away from this thread completely. However, I saw some activity happening and wrongly thought that maybe, just maybe I could read without feeling sick.  Wrong.  Again.

I have written and deleted three posts without being able to post them. Sofia makes my stomach churn so much I feel physically ill. 

As far as her past coming forward again and people talking; people talk, no one owes you silence.

A teacher once told my class: "A secret is something which only one person knows."   

Her statement on rape was, still is, and will Forever be abhorrent. Despicable.

I agree PBE, on all counts.  Star

She is someone I dont think Id want in my home, much less representing a country.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2019, 01:29:15 AM »

ITA!  Star
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2019, 12:16:50 PM »

Sofia attended a event for Project Playground.

What event? Where? What about? Nobody knows  Roll Eyes

Some pics I found on social media:
Account that shared: @umamipark
Pics and videos here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvQfKhBF24S/

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2019, 01:02:16 PM »

Ahhhhh come on....as stated in the background 'Spread love'

Wink Smiley
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2019, 02:13:33 PM »

For some reason it really bothers me that her hand is on that guys shoulder. It's like attention seeking but also dominance too?
Maybe I'm just in a sensitive mood today.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2019, 02:19:40 PM »

For some reason it really bothers me that her hand is on that guys shoulder. It's like attention seeking but also dominance too?
Maybe I'm just in a sensitive mood today.

You're not alone. I wanted to write something similar. IMO you shouldn't touch a person like this you've just become acquainted with. At least I don't like it, but I know some people love this and will instantly come and hug you, even if they see you for the first time.

I guess Sophia moved around in these "everyone is a friend of everyone circles" or like we say superficial "Bussi Bussi Gesellschaft" far too long so that she can't/doesn't want to change it anymore.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:27:35 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: