Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - News & Events 2019  (Read 70133 times)
Ostermalmstanten

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2019, 04:35:54 PM »

Sofia is telling the audience that PP have had an activity center for 10 years and that PP itself is a little bit older than that.

She met CP in the summer of 2009 and she was introduced to Frida after that..?  Whistle
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »

Such a humanitarian! Admirable really! 
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2019, 10:57:19 PM »

So according to the Royal Calendar, it seems Silvia has given the presentation for the World Children's Prize for the Rights of the Child  Nono I cannot think of a worse person to present such an award.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »

So according to the Royal Calendar, it seems Silvia has given the presentation for the World Children's Prize for the Rights of the Child  Nono I cannot think of a worse person to present such an award.

Silvia? Or Sofia?

SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »

Silvia? Or Sofia?

Sorry I meant to say Silvia has given the role of presenting the prize to Sofia Smiley
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2019, 02:26:42 PM »

Silvia? Or Sofia?

Sorry I meant to say Silvia has given the role of presenting the prize to Sofia Smiley

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2019, 03:19:29 PM »

Silvia? Or Sofia?

Oh, just awful!! Dead Why Sofia!!!

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »

Silvia? Or Sofia?

Oh, just awful!! Dead Why Sofia!!!

Possibly because no one else wants her, so Silvia had to give her this one.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2019, 05:59:08 PM »

Working with children's rights was Madde's thing... Seriously  Dead Dead Dead

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2019, 06:31:45 PM »

I have noticed Silvia acting more warm and friendly towards Sofia the last 1-2 years. I think she is fully accepted by now.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »

Working with children's rights was Madde's thing... Seriously  Dead Dead Dead
Exactly!

Nobody wants S, so the srf shouldn't give her so much space.
She is unwanted, she is incapable and she is trashy. She is wrong for this role, to begin with. They still try to push her, because it's too late for them to admit their fault by accepting her and giving her a title.

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2019, 08:19:05 PM »

I have noticed Silvia acting more warm and friendly towards Sofia the last 1-2 years. I think she is fully accepted by now.

Couldn't it be that Silvia is just trying to be nice and making the best out of the situation? After all Sofia is the mother of two of her grandchildren.

I too think Sofia is horrible and unsuited, but that issue should've been brought up long ago.

I don't think Silvia wants quarrels in the family. This may be an easy way out, but as mother (though probably not as queen) I can fully understand her.

Unlike with CG from Silvia I don't get the impression that she prefers one of her children or in-laws.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »

I'm on the fence about how Silvia may view Sofia. A lot was discussed around the time of Gabriel's christening about there being animosity between the two. And I don't know if Sofia is taking maternity leave, or is just being lazy, but she hasn't been making many engagements in the last six months or so, and the majority of them are as a joint engagement. I don't know the situation regarding this, but I've been wondering if it's an attempt to slim down the royal family into only the most senior members (such as what happened at the last Swedish academy gathering) like the brf are attempting to.
If Silvia doesn't like her, I think she's the type of woman who accepts situations as they are but keeps her guard, sort of putting a brave face on it for the sake of the family and especially Alexander and Gabriel.
I keep trying to think of appropriate areas of interest for Sofia to work in. Children's rights or gender equality is a no go considering her advice to young girls that they should dance for boys, disability issues is also a no go considering her remarks about her former teacher (I view her "work" on dyslexia to be in this vain, I can totally see her taking the pee out of dyslexic people before she met Carl Philip). Sports would be a good one, but Vic and Dan have Generation Pep. The environment is also a good one, but covered by Vic and her role as a un special envoy for 2030, and sofias many trips to South Africa clashes with this. So many options are already covered by other members of the Royal family. Sofia really doesn't have a place, not even after almost four years of marriage, and the fact that she hasn't publicly stated she regrets her past holds her back. The only areas of interest she'd be brilliant at are SWF-ing people and copying ideas and passing them off as her own (perhaps a joint venture with CP?)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2019, 10:03:01 PM »

Well said SvenskaSarah..wasn't Sofia given the role at that hospital/nurses education. What was done before by one of CG's sisters. And perhaps this is one of the causes she keeps on running back to Project Playground (even after announcing withdrawal)
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2019, 11:34:50 PM »

Well said SvenskaSarah..wasn't Sofia given the role at that hospital/nurses education. What was done before by one of CG's sisters. And perhaps this is one of the causes she keeps on running back to Project Playground (even after announcing withdrawal)

Thank you  Star
Yes Sofia took over Sophiahemmet which Princess Christina was patron of. Though I dislike this move, the fact that Christina has suffered with cancer and has since retired largely from public life, I recognise that someone has to take that role on, and I think vikkan is too busy and madeleine unavailable. Maybe one day Estelle may take it on, but I could see it going to another princess in the future.
Maybe Sofia could get involved in Silvia's work on dementia and elderly care as a springboard for carving out her own role, but again id be annoyed at her not being original and there's the major risk of her ruining all the hard work Silvia has put in.
Though a part of me hopes that once vikkan is queen Sofia is banished to stenhammar to help Alex with the running of it  Icecream
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: