Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRİNCESS INGRİD ALEXANDRA  (Read 85670 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2019, 06:42:13 PM »

The pilgrimage to Nidaros is a lovely tradition. It's one of the things I remember best from ``Kristin Lavransdatter,'' the great novel about Norway in the 15th century.  And it seems really appropriate for someone on the verge of confirmation, which is a very important event in the Lutheran church.
IceQueen

Baby Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2019, 02:44:32 PM »

Wondering whose wish it was she would attend the international school. And if they got surprised by the critics and decided to turn aroun the decision (or perhaps these moves were intended all along)

I think the reason she went to the international school was because the classes are all in English, so that would give her practice for her future duties. Mette Marit is fluent in English, with a good pronounciation (probably because she was an exchange student in Australia as a kid). Haakon on the ther hand, seems to struggle a bit with English. And hearing him speak makes my ears bleed. It's awkward, like Thor Heyerdal-english.

I think the plan was always for her to go back to public school and goo to high school, and be russ with all her friends.
Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »

Haakon is awkward in English?  Yet he attended US & UK universities (BA & grad classes).  I'm surprised to hear it.
evilgrapefruit

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

Haakon is awkward in English?  Yet he attended US & UK universities (BA & grad classes).  I'm surprised to hear it.

Sounds ok on this YouTube video, just uhming and ahing because it is off the cuff: https://youtu.be/HR7px_TcywY?t=982
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »

That is a cute story he told. It is obvious he is fluent in English but I agree that it is a little awkwardly spoken. Pronunciation and word choice not really accent although he has one. Maybe he is just not a language person. I have heard MM speak English and she sounds very comfortable with a very easy command and a mix of light Norwegian and Australian accents.
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »

The pilgrimage pictures are great. Ingrid Alexandra is a lovely young woman and her parents seem to be taking her training as Norway's eventual queen with great seriousness and care. I like this hiking tradition. That part of Norway must be beautiful. We only got as far north as Bergen and Flamsdalen.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2019, 06:16:12 PM »

Victoria is attending IA's confirmation in two weeks. No news yet if the other godparents (Fred, Felipe, ML) will be there too.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »

Since the date has been known for like a year im sure Felipe has had plenty of time to make other arrangements. 😜

Unfortunatly it seems it wont be a gala dinner like for Haakon but a lunch after the service
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: