Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haakon & Mette Marit - News & Events 2019  (Read 42972 times)
Kayzilla

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2019, 11:01:25 PM »

What’s up with the “dirty mattress on the porch of an abandoned house” shot? Thinking

It's the porch of their summer cottage  Wink

Here's a picture of the house. It looks kinda small and unappealing, but it's 400 square meters, which is big for a Nordic summer cottage

Ah, thank you. I thought they must be staging something for Instagram. The house looks cute from afar, but the yard looks... perilous.
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »

More

I'm shocked looking at these pictures - Sverre is obese, and IA is putting on unhealthy kgs as well.  Being teenagers it's a dangerous time to go down this road.  A few extra kgs due to a healthy appetite and hormonal changes is understandable but Sverre's hanging stomach is way past "healthy appetite" in someone so young.   MM. on the other hand, looks great.  Happy seeing her looking so good.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2019, 09:15:38 AM »

While I don't think any of them fits the term "obese", all of them look like they should probably stay off the ice cream for a bit…(and the person who sold MM that flesh coloured bikini should have his seeling concession revoked)

Anyway, IA in those pix at their Norwegian holiday home looks exactly like my own daughter: Miss Fairy could easily play body double for her...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2019, 07:43:29 PM »

You would not think what goes as "obese" those days when you ask a doctor - my boyfriend, 49 years, 1,85 m tall, arrived at 94 kg last year. Admittedly, a lot of those kilos were at the belly.
His doctor used the "obese"-word (which my boyfriend felt as an insult) and strongly advised him to lose 14 kgs. Which he managed (over the period of 6 months), for the sake of his health and the fact that ALL his trousers didn't fit any longer.

Sverre Magnus is 13. He'll hopefully lose those extra kilos when he grows another 10 to 20 cm, but currently, I'd also say that's too much of a fat roll he has at the belly, and also the rest of his frame looks rather heavy.

Haakon was rather slender at the same age:
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2019, 10:54:30 PM »

This is a topic we've had discussed before about CA of the Netherlands among others. In short - we're not hosting those discussions here. Victoria suffered from an ED also because her weight and looks were discussed in public. It's not a discourse we want RD to be part of, ever. These kids did not choose to be born royal and have little choice having a public life. The discussion here should reflect a respect for that.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2019, 05:58:36 PM »

You would not think what goes as "obese" those days when you ask a doctor - my boyfriend, 49 years, 1,85 m tall, arrived at 94 kg last year. Admittedly, a lot of those kilos were at the belly.
His doctor used the "obese"-word (which my boyfriend felt as an insult) and strongly advised him to lose 14 kgs. Which he managed (over the period of 6 months), for the sake of his health and the fact that ALL his trousers didn't fit any longer.

Sverre Magnus is 13. He'll hopefully lose those extra kilos when he grows another 10 to 20 cm, but currently, I'd also say that's too much of a fat roll he has at the belly, and also the rest of his frame looks rather heavy.

Haakon was rather slender at the same age:

I haven't weighed myself for a long time, but most of the time (since puberty) I weighed 80 kg. Even when I looked rather slender. Never had comments from doctors, some were even surprised I was 80 kg. The past couple of years I gained a muffin top, in other words extra body around my belly (especially) and hips. I want to decrease it myself, but still have to find a suitable way of extra exercise and such.

But to come back to the topic. My dad has always been the biggest in size of his brothers and sister. Often warned by non-professionals for vascular and heart diseases. He indeed ended up with one, but according to the surgeon and cardiologist his body was in very good health. His legs were even that muscled that they had a hard time to get the vein for a bypass. While my dad's 2 year older brother was always very slender (and still is) suffered from a heart infarct. Fortunately he survived it in relative good health, but based on his weight and appearance nobody expected this. So appearance doesn't predict all, but you have an increased change.

Recently friends and I were wondering if children in NL and Europe are getting bigger these days. In comparison how we ourselves were at that time. Are we following the USA with regard to size?
Alister
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »

Maybe MM is overweight because she is so lazy. The children, IMO, are unhealthily large for their ages.
 In just one post before yours I am telling posters dishing on the weight of children is off limits here.

Furthermore MM is quite ill, dishing on her weight in that light is very poor form and reflects poorly on the board.
Grand Duchess Zenobia

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2019, 06:31:02 PM »

Maybe MM is overweight because she is so lazy. The children, IMO, are unhealthily large for their ages.

People come in different shapes and sizes ☺ looking at them, I see regular family, nothing else ☺  with the food so modified ,we have now, it's very difficult to get good healthy weight. And some of us can do anything and everything and will still be on the bigger side of what's commonly accepted.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

Do not feed the troll Troll basher
SnorkMaiden

Baby Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2019, 06:55:50 PM »

The children should be able to be children for as long as possible. They have their whole adulthood time to worry about weight issues (if they worry, hopefully not). And MM has her health issues, it's probably weighing on her and perhaps it isn't so easy so maintain the weight she had in her twenties. Medications can change your metabolism for example.

I can imagine that it can be hard for royal children (and adults too) to grow up in an environment where you're judged equally as much by your looks than by what you do. It's not fair.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2019, 10:30:24 PM »

This is a topic we've had discussed before about CA of the Netherlands among others. In short - we're not hosting those discussions here. Victoria suffered from an ED also because her weight and looks were discussed in public. It's not a discourse we want RD to be part of, ever. These kids did not choose to be born royal and have little choice having a public life. The discussion here should reflect a respect for that.

#justsaying

On a different note - the Norwegian RF always surprise me as they seem quite modest in the size of their houses and lifestyle but jeez they do seem to have a lot of houses in some ways.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2019, 01:30:05 PM »

They have many houses and cabines indeed, though not all are owned by them.

https://www.royalcourt.no...l?tid=27681&sek=27261

However alot of Norwegians with regular Jobs have a house/appartment and a cabine, many families have even one by the sea for summeruse and one in the mountains for winteruse.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »

I have a lot of family in Norway. Most are middle class and some are farmers as well. ALL of them have at least one hytte and heading for the hytte winter and summer is the greatest delight.  Many of these second homes are very primitive and may have only some solor power and perhaps no indoor plumbing. But my family members love these rural retreats. I think it's part of the Norwegian culture.

https://www.thesocialguid...ure/the-norwegian-hytte-2
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »

MM congratulated Haakon on his 46th birthday today: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0IdHBHCU9A/

"Today, the world's best Haakon has birthday ❤️ So happy to have been with him for 20 years"

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »

Am I the only one distracted by So Many Pillows?

Currently visualizing my highest self
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: