Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2019- News & Events  (Read 57132 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: January 01, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »

She also did a miscarriage in september , october, the Rumor is running in Monaco and the Rumor seems to be true , the lost of a child  during the pregnancy must be also painful for Charlene

I wondered about that.  Did she admit it in the article? Zara Phillips allowed her loss to be reported in the news.  If its true, I suppose it's far too personal for the Grimaldis to report, but it would gain Charlene a lot of sympathy and prayers.

Zara had announced the pregnancy and then miscarried, so that's why it was reported. I don't think Charlene ever announced a pregnancy, it was just speculated earlier this year because she was absent a bit (I think even on here we thought she might be). If she did have a miscarriage, I hope she's feeling better and getting lots of love from her sweet kids.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2020, 03:59:44 PM »

I think in some ways Charlene is one of the most private royals so there’s no way of knowing what is really going on. One thing seems certain though: the kids seem to be thriving and are happy and content so all things cannot be terrible in their little family.
karma chamelion

Big Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »

I think in some ways Charlene is one of the most private royals so there’s no way of knowing what is really going on. One thing seems certain though: the kids seem to be thriving and are happy and content so all things cannot be terrible in their little family.

Very true, that is the most important thing Maria, thank you.

I'm sorry if I sounded crass regarding the possibility that she is depressed. I'm a sufferer myself, so I should be more sensitive.

In my defense, I would just like to say that we also skim over the possibility of depression in a lot of other threads where the subject gets far less sympathy (I'm thinking of the Wales boys in particular) than we showed in Ari's case.

We are made of the love of thousands.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

Very true, that is the most important thing Maria, thank you.

I'm sorry if I sounded crass regarding the possibility that she is depressed. I'm a sufferer myself, so I should be more sensitive.

In my defense, I would just like to say that we also skim over the possibility of depression in a lot of other threads where the subject gets far less sympathy (I'm thinking of the Wales boys in particular) than we showed in Ari's case.

Charlene, like all other people suffering from depression, has my full sympathy.
Clover

Humongous Member

Mother and Child

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: January 01, 2020, 10:36:42 PM »

IMO it's unprofessional to let your private life very strongly influence your responsibilities. She has hardly been seen this year, and most of the time when she is seen she looks like she'd rather be anywhere else. We all have stressful and even tragic things happen to us, we plebs don't have the luxury of taking a year off to collect ourselves. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but she needs to get a grip. She lives an extremely privileged lifestyle, she can put a fake smile on her face and show up with her husband more often, it's not that much too ask.

I agree. Yes, she has been through a lot but to whom much is given much is expected. Maybe an official statement should have been made and time spent away from the throne.

dhb

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: January 01, 2020, 11:03:43 PM »

What I don’t understand is how she is all smiles in a bar or Dubai or literally doing anything else that she wants, but can’t do the sane when accepting an award or carrying out duties in Monaco? It doesn’t make sense.
Antiroyalist

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2020, 03:25:16 AM »

She wouldn't be so homesick if her marriage was functioning. And with two adorable children, why can she not be happy?
Seems to me she has too much time to spare and too little enthusiasm for her role. Guess she thought getting the gold would give her eternal happiness.

Depression doesn't care what you have that SHOULD make you happy. I know a number of people who are unable to "put a smile on their faces" and just get on with it. They have to be signed off work, sometimes for months. I know of at least one who is unable to work at all.

Star

Just an observation, what a difference between the board's thoughts about depression when it comes to Ari and Linus and others (which is at it should be, kind and caring), and Charlene.
I know depression first hand and not wanting to live. In my experience it comes when you deny yourself something you really want, like a dream you always had but you decide that your cannot do it. Or when you feel stuck in a situation or circumstances that don't serve you. Where you feel inadequate or that there is something wrong with you. It is simply agonizing and kills the spirit. Which is why it is so important to get out of those circumstances. 
It would be very normal to be suicidal or depressed if you feel stuck in a loveless marriage, but the tragedy is that no one is doomed to stay in such a marriage, not even catholics, but they feel that there is no way out. We all have to learn some lessons in life and for some it is simply to break free and find a place where you are perfect for the role. People get married for all different reasons and I don't think for a second that they got married for love (given all the problems they had even before the engagement, hence the loveless marriage. She probably thought she could thrive without love, but the truth is it is very despiriting. People who divorce often wish that they had done it much sooner.
What bothers me about her and Albert is that they are trying to show some fake fairytale down our throats. It is an insult to me and other people with a hint of common sense. If she is so depressed in the marriage, get the hell out and give us a person that can actually use the position for something good. The position is wasted on someone moody or depressed like CW.
As for Ari Behn, my sympathy to those around him, especially his children.     
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2020, 10:29:30 AM »

She wouldn't be so homesick if her marriage was functioning. And with two adorable children, why can she not be happy?
Seems to me she has too much time to spare and too little enthusiasm for her role. Guess she thought getting the gold would give her eternal happiness.

Depression doesn't care what you have that SHOULD make you happy. I know a number of people who are unable to "put a smile on their faces" and just get on with it. They have to be signed off work, sometimes for months. I know of at least one who is unable to work at all.

Star

Just an observation, what a difference between the board's thoughts about depression when it comes to Ari and Linus and others (which is at it should be, kind and caring), and Charlene.
I know depression first hand and not wanting to live. In my experience it comes when you deny yourself something you really want, like a dream you always had but you decide that your cannot do it. Or when you feel stuck in a situation or circumstances that don't serve you. Where you feel inadequate or that there is something wrong with you. It is simply agonizing and kills the spirit. Which is why it is so important to get out of those circumstances. 
It would be very normal to be suicidal or depressed if you feel stuck in a loveless marriage, but the tragedy is that no one is doomed to stay in such a marriage, not even catholics, but they feel that there is no way out. We all have to learn some lessons in life and for some it is simply to break free and find a place where you are perfect for the role. People get married for all different reasons and I don't think for a second that they got married for love (given all the problems they had even before the engagement, hence the loveless marriage. She probably thought she could thrive without love, but the truth is it is very despiriting. People who divorce often wish that they had done it much sooner.
What bothers me about her and Albert is that they are trying to show some fake fairytale down our throats. It is an insult to me and other people with a hint of common sense. If she is so depressed in the marriage, get the hell out and give us a person that can actually use the position for something good. The position is wasted on someone moody or depressed like CW.

Hug
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2020, 10:42:43 AM »

Star

Hug

Hug from me too.

And let's not forget being in a depressive state it's very hard to see clear or to make rational decisions.

Being on the outside it's always easy to belittle a person and give them good advice.

How about walking in someone else's shoes?
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »

I agree if she's suffering from depression it's a terrible thing and effects your whole life.  She has the means to get first rate therapy and help.  I see her smiling and having a great time when she's traveling,  hanging out with her soccer friends, serving beer and going to the races, but then turns on the morose face at official events and AT Christmas, seems a lack of trying and a bad attitude.  If she's suffering depression, she's been suffering since her wedding, because she doesn't look any sadder than she did on that day.  She should get help, get out or work out their problems without whining for pity in the media.

If she's feeling inadequate, it's up to her to better herself (something that hasn't been evident since she got married).  She knew what she was getting, they'd been together a long time before they got married.  I think she wants to do what she wants, when she wants and when she's not doing that she shows it on her face like an immature, moody child.

She seldom gives interviews so I was surprised to see her open up in the media, which makes me suspicious it isn't all damage control, looking for sympathy to quash the talk about their bad marriage.  I have serious doubts she has clinical depression.  It would be normal to be sad after deaths and her fathers health, but sad is not clinical depression.

I'll admire her if she gets therapy and then uses it to help others by speaking about it.  (but I won't hold my breath)

She has most always looked pouty and frowning, she's never tried hard, worked hard or got involved with anything worthwhile, that could be 1/2 the problem.  What does she really do, I doubt she reads, does she just shop and worry about clothes? It seems her only interest.  She probably does feel useless because let's face it, so far she has been.   

If she truly has clinical depression, I'm deeply sorry for her but there is no excuse for not getting help.  I'll save most of my sympathy for those suffering without the means of help or hope.

Over the last several years, I've had 2 close friends commit suicide....I'm still angry at them for all the pain they left behind, the destruction they did to their families, their children have  never recovered.  In both cases they sought help but in the end didn't do the work to make it better.  One wouldn't give up drinking, the other enjoyed wallowing in his self pity and blaming his problems on many excuses.  He wanted to hurt his ex wife so he hung himself in her front yard on Mother's Day.  Her children saw it.   I wish I could remember them other than totally selfish and cruel,  maybe someday....but not today.  Cry

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2020, 05:05:20 PM »

In my opinion, Charlene had a bad year, with 2 losses and her father’s health scare. What is more, she probably hates it in Monaco; maybe she has never felt at home there. Maybe she suffers from reactive depression - the fact that she can talk about it, and identify the causes of her sadness, makes me think that she doesn’t suffer from clinical depression. At any rate, I hope she has all the medical attention she needs.
karma chamelion

Big Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »

Very well said Antiroyalist, I agree wholeheartedly Star Hug Thank you for a thoughtful post. For you as well CoC.

We are made of the love of thousands.
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2020, 10:19:11 PM »

On the royal dish forum , there are not a lot of princesses who are not criticed, Mary of Denmark, Mett Maritt, Kate, Meghan, Charlene, Stéphanie of Luxemburg and Charlene is belonging to this gruppe

Victoria , Madeleine, Marie of Denmark,Maxima , Letizia  are santas

Love wedding or not Don't attrackt me , only what they are doing as princesses or Queens

In her interview in You magazine, Charlene did not speak only about the year which was black for her

She is speaking of actions  to help persons specially children and animals

She said that if she would not be a princess, she would love to be nurse or missionary, she said that her uncle is missionary, he worked  in Japan and in Australia, he is now in Zambia, she visited him  and she travelled two times in Zambia to help him to restore a school, the team of communication did not speak about these travels, itis so bad

Here is the photo when she visited his uncle in Zambia,  he said in his page of facebook that her niece promised to help him and she did it

http://marriane.eklablog....lene-en-zambie-a179319282

In her interview, she also said that she défends the poor life of the wild dogs, she said that they are slaughtered or poisoned  by Farmers when they hunt the  cattles, she said that she and her team   worked with the Farmers and the dogs are  werearing now locata collar

She adopted 11 wild  dogs  in first time , now they are 20 because they made puppies

All these actions are not known by the medias, the team of communication Don't do their work in making knew  what Chalene is doing  as princess, in other monarchies, the princesses or Queens would have travelled to be  taken in photos near the restored school or taken in photos with the  wild dogs, Nothing from the palace of Monaco, Charlene is working behind the Walls and nobody know it  for the people , only photos are important to  juge , they are not imagine that a princess could do things in the palace in the intimitat

I hope the team of the communication will do more communication about Charlene

Kem

Mini Member

Egypt Egypt

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »

I've compiled all of Princess Charlene's looks for Sainte Devote while we wait for the family to attend on the 26th 
https://theroyalcouturier...ne-wore-for-sainte-devote
Kem

Mini Member

Egypt Egypt

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »

AAAND I've put together 8 not widely known facts about HSH on her birthday 🎂
https://theroyalcouturier...naco-on-her-42nd-birthday
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: