Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2019- News & Events  (Read 26908 times)
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2019, 01:28:23 PM »

What do you mean she made it clear, that she will have nothing to do with other royals? Thinking

I mean that for the past six years (and he's only been married for almost eight) Prince Albert has attended all foreign royal events on his own. None, until now, were funerals but his wife's absence from the funeral of Grand Duke Jean suggests that we can now expect her to absent herself from these as well.

Surely it's a bit of an exaggeration to say she never attends other RF's events, she went to Victoria and Daniels wedding, I think there have been others?
[/quote

She gave up attending royal events after Madeliene of Sweden's wedding in June 2013, not officially but in actuality.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:38:57 PM by Victoria38 » Logged
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2019, 05:44:11 PM »

Why  should Charlene to attend the funeral of Grand Duc Jean,? She did not know  the Grand Duc Jean, Albert knew the  Grand Duc Jean it is normal, He will  attend the funeral , Charlene only knows Grand Duc Henri   because  Henri and Maria Theresa   attended to her wedding, they came because they know the prince Albert, but the grand Duc  was not present to the wedding and  it is not enough to know somebody, Priness Ann will come alone without her husband, her husband did not know the Grand Duc Jean

Personaly, I never come to  the funeral of a person  I did never know, My husband  came to the funerals of the persons who worked with him  but I did not attend the funerals of  these persons,   funerals are not a spectacle  and I understand that Charlene will not attend to the funerals

Oh come off it! There were other royals there, from Morocco for instance, who wouldn't have known Jean either but they went to honour him because of his position in Luxembourg. You really ought to take your blinkers off when it comes to Charlene and admit when she is not fulfilling her position properly.
royalviewers

Warned
Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »

Why  should Charlene to attend the funeral of Grand Duc Jean,? She did not know  the Grand Duc Jean, Albert knew the  Grand Duc Jean it is normal, He will  attend the funeral , Charlene only knows Grand Duc Henri   because  Henri and Maria Theresa   attended to her wedding, they came because they know the prince Albert, but the grand Duc  was not present to the wedding and  it is not enough to know somebody, Priness Ann will come alone without her husband, her husband did not know the Grand Duc Jean

Personaly, I never come to  the funeral of a person  I did never know, My husband  came to the funerals of the persons who worked with him  but I did not attend the funerals of  these persons,   funerals are not a spectacle  and I understand that Charlene will not attend to the funerals

Oh come off it! There were other royals there, from Morocco for instance, who wouldn't have known Jean either but they went to honour him because of his position in Luxembourg. You really ought to take your blinkers off when it comes to Charlene and admit when she is not fulfilling her position properly.

Agree! And I don't know why she always given a pass for her attitude like for the state event abroad or in her own country. Compare to Kate, who is yet not a Queen...she always been stamp as a lazy consort  Thinking and what about Charlene? She is lazy and workshy to...imho
Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »

If that story about her trying to flee is true, they must have reached a compromise. However, I remember her telling  how helpful Queen  Max had been, so there must have been some friendly contact and closenesswith other royals. Anyway,she skips events even in Monaco.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »

Agree! And I don't know why she always given a pass for her attitude like for the state event abroad or in her own country. Compare to Kate, who is yet not a Queen...she always been stamp as a lazy consort  Thinking and what about Charlene? She is lazy and workshy to...imho

Just FYI, Kate has her own threads and is OT here.
royalviewers

Warned
Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »

Sorry don't understand why Kate cannot be mentioned here, just for comparison.... it's like another royals whom are compare to charlene..... ?? Any specific rules in this thread that I don't know?  Blink
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2019, 07:46:02 PM »

Sorry don't understand why Kate cannot be mentioned here, just for comparison.... it's like another royals whom are compare to charlene..... ?? Any specific rules in this thread that I don't know?  Blink

Kate cannot be discussed outside of threads specifically for her.  Meghan cannot be discussed at all.
royalviewers

Warned
Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2019, 07:50:57 PM »

Kate cannot be discussed outside of threads specifically for her.  Meghan cannot be discussed at all.

Owww ok then.... apologize for that. Thanks for enlighten me  Smiley
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2019, 08:14:41 PM »

Ive seen Charlene (and her sister in laws for the mattered) referred to in different ways:
HSH, Princess Charlene of Monaco and
HSH, Charlene, Princess of Monaco.
Is one way right and the other way wrong? Or does it not matter?
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »

I've always wondered if Albert didn't marry her first and most important to have legal heirs.   I agree she's work shy and only does what she wants but it seems Al is OK with it.  I suspect it's a compromise they both agreed to, he expects her to be a mother not a "helpmate", she wants a secure life without all the jumping through hoops, socializing with people she doesn't know and pretending to be interested in things she's not.  From what I gather here she spends most of her time in France and doesn't like the fishbowl life in Monaco.  I wish she were more well rounded but he knew what he was getting when he married her.  On the positive side, she seems to be an exemplary mother and I have no trouble giving her credit for that  Thumb up

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2019, 10:41:40 PM »

What do you mean she made it clear, that she will have nothing to do with other royals? Thinking

I mean that for the past seven years (and he's only been married for almost eight) Prince Albert has attended all foreign royal events on his own. None, until now, were funerals but his wife's absence from the funeral of Grand Duke Jean suggests that we can now expect her to absent herself from these as well.

Surely it's a bit of an exaggeration to say she never attends other RF's events, she went to Victoria and Daniels wedding, I think there have been others?

I would say she only attends the things that she wants. Those, which are funny etc. leaving out the grieving ones.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

Didn't she go to one of the Swedish royal weddings by herself, in other words without Albert?

Edit: it was the wedding of Madeleine & Chris

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2019, 03:35:03 PM »

I had elinimated from my mind that horrible brown dress... And the fact she showed up without a tiara...  Secret

I understand, she may not like jewels, but at least play the part once in a while... Especially at a royal wedding where protocol dictates tiaras...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2019, 12:16:11 PM »

Princess Charlene will give the start of the 24 hours of Le Mans   on june 15 th

http://melina-premiere.ek...urs-of-le-mans-a162466676
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »

Charlene met the players of the West  rugby team this Morning, they will   play rugby to the  sainte Dvote tournament

I think  this meeting was the part of the rugby exchange program of her  foundation

http://melina-premiere.ek...ke-part-to-the-a162475280

I love her hairdo and  the glasses are a surprise , we understand now why she wore the singlasses  when she met the president of China
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: