Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Jewellery  (Read 295228 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: February 26, 2021, 08:07:15 PM »

Don't know if I posted this, but don't want to scroll through 58 pages, hence the post/repost - and it's a good photo.

Yrma wore this shortly after Marie appeared with that necklace at one of her events, and of course had it altered to differ from Marie's.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: February 26, 2021, 08:12:20 PM »

September 22, 2020
October 7,2020
attending UN's International Girls' Day at Nærum Gymnasium

NEW Dulong Fine Jewelry Unique Trinity Paraiba Tourmaline & Diamond Ring by DULONG

NEW Madallion Pendant in powder pink Opal by OLE LYNGGAARD

Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: February 26, 2021, 10:17:50 PM »

She's still peddling .....
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: September 26, 2021, 04:56:12 AM »

September 25
Bruuns Rasmussen Auction house - Mary's personal shopping mal

And that got me thinking she amassed quite a bit from them, hasn't she   Other pieces she bought with her own money there

Spinel Necklace/Tiara - created around 1900-1910, this piece is mainly made of rose and old-mine cut diamonds set in gold and silver. Small circular-cut rubies and spinels are dotted around the scrolling Edwardian design, though those red stones can often only be seen up close. The jewel was originally used as a tiara. It was sold as a necklace in 2012 at Danish auction house Bruun Rasmussen.

Matching diamond drop earrings were sold as one lot with the necklace; the set’s estimated price was €4,000-5,350 and it sold for €8,050, or just around $9,000.

and because the initial earrings were seemingly too dingy, she got another pair to with that tiara necklace

Ahhhh, yes, and then we have these pretties....they were featured in an auction at Bruun Rasmussen held in December 2016. They were lot #545 in the auction, described in the catalog as "A pair of diamond ear pendants each set with numerous brilliant-cut diamonds weighing a total of app. 9.50 ct., mounted in 18k white gold."

and we can go even a couple years back further...remember those?

oh, and then we have some other odd bits and pieces from them

Flower Diamond Earrings

Lot #311 at the auction. A morganite and diamond pendant set with a pear-shaped morganite weighing app. 39.00 ct. encircled by numerous brilliant and old mine-cut diamonds weighing app. 2.10 ct., mounted in gold and silver.

And then we have the Aquas. Granted that was a present from Fred, allegedly, as engagement, wedding, something gift.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:25:24 AM by PeDe » Logged

Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: September 26, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »

I preffer all of the auction piece over the overprized Dulong which all look the same.

Lynggard jewellery is much more elegant than Dulong if she wanted to wear danish bling.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: September 28, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »

Thanks PeDe for sum it all up.  Star There were some I never hear about, since some sites like OoS are OFF now there is not that much reported on them, the Swedes, British, and Netherlands usually take all the flashes. Plus, I think is nice that she is creating her own jewelry box since honestly there is not much on hers, Daisy might not leave everything to Fred, even if I think I well, and their collection is not great either. At some point Josephine and Isabella would also need tiaras and there isn't much to choose from.

I love all the old pieces, not so much the news ones but I get the move behind it, you can use new pieces while keeping the speech of promoting Danish design, and companies.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: September 29, 2021, 02:02:26 AM »

That's an interesting perspective, Konradin!  I confess to having looked a bit askance at her building her jewelry collection  Snare but your explanation of why it's a good thing makes sense!  Beer
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: September 29, 2021, 07:04:54 PM »

I'm glad you were able to understand what I tried to write, my English sucked!  Blush I know there are monarchies with less glitter, Belgium being the worst, only second to Spain. Still, the Danish do have an interesting old collection, having crown jewels is a bonus I would say, and it might have been greater hadn't Ingrid divided their jewels in between their daughters, the Cartier loop tiara was such a great loss, add to it that Daisy chose to give away a tiara to Alexandra and the situation just got worse. I hope it can't be bought back at some point but I doubt it will be the case, they aren't rich, sadly I see this ending in auction in 30/40 years.

Mary could be a horrible person, I mean, a 5' search on this forum would offer anyone a loooot of examples  Spiteful, but I applaud these very silent, and well meant purchases, most of the jewelry would be useful for black tie events, she needed a good pearl necklace, the aquamarines, and the morganite add variety, plus the extra tiara was desperately needed, especially in foreign royal weddings were you have several events and a royal is expected, if she can, to switch tiaras, the rubies could only be used so much, and can't be matched successfully with any dress, and her wedding tiara works better as a necklace than a diadem, even with the pearls she added. It is a starter tiara and she is a crown princess, it wouldn't surprise me whether she is waiting on another purchase to add one or two more. Good move, btw, to keep them out of sight for a couple of years before bringing it out.

Nobody in that family wants their finances discussed in the media.
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: September 29, 2021, 09:11:10 PM »

Thank you so much PeDe for this summary  Star

This ring is Dulong though

https://dulongfinejewelry...er?variant=32060922429543

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: