Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 135   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 247488 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: October 17, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »

She is!

Kate is wearing a Shalwar kameez by Gul AHMED and a shawl by Maheem Khan

Currently visualizing my highest self
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: October 17, 2019, 09:43:32 AM »

The embroidery looks lovely

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: October 17, 2019, 09:45:15 AM »

Very nice:

Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: October 17, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »

By doing it 'her way' she is just standing there, not saying anything, not doing anything, just being a pretty doll, essentially. Yeah, maybe preferable to drama, but I find it really sad too she still is basically just William's Wife as she was William's Girlfriend with no personality unless he isn't around.

I'd say that's a little bit sad but I also think that is what William wants - no drama, no attention, no voice.

There is an interview with them at the glacier and he is talking, and she just stands there looking at him saying absolutely nothing.

And what is, probably, her job description.

Precisely!  She is his consort.  He is the one with the royal blood.  Her main role is to enable him to pass on his royal blood to the next generation, and to quietly support him, and not scare the horses.  She has her own roles, of course, but she can never eclipse him.

BTW, I love this new outfit of Kate's.  Is it white or pale pink?   Sadly William is just wearing another nondescript pale blue shirt and a pair of trousers.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1489 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:53 AM »

By doing it 'her way' she is just standing there, not saying anything, not doing anything, just being a pretty doll, essentially. Yeah, maybe preferable to drama, but I find it really sad too she still is basically just William's Wife as she was William's Girlfriend with no personality unless he isn't around.

I'd say that's a little bit sad but I also think that is what William wants - no drama, no attention, no voice.

There is an interview with them at the glacier and he is talking, and she just stands there looking at him saying absolutely nothing.

And what is, probably, her job description.

Precisely!  She is his consort.  He is the one with the royal blood.  Her main role is to enable him to pass on his royal blood to the next generation, and to quietly support him, and not scare the horses.  She has her own roles, of course, but she can never eclipse him.

BTW, I love this new outfit of Kate's.  Is it white or pale pink?   Sadly William is just wearing another nondescript pale blue shirt and a pair of trousers.

Indeed - one of the other crown princesses is criticised for monopolising her husband's interviews, and pushing herself into conversations that aren't her role. So in a way they can't win!
SQ

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: October 17, 2019, 10:45:28 AM »

The embroidery looks lovely

William should've worn a jacket while meeting the government officials. He can take it off for the more casual engagements. Kate's outfit looks great. I saw on twitter that she may have had Pakistan's national flower embroidered.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: October 17, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »

They are arriving at the Cricket Centre, so Kate's stuck her hair up and is actually wearing sports appropriate shoes

Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: October 17, 2019, 11:01:36 AM »

Very nice:

Very nice indeed. I'm really liking the shorter hair too. As to her deportment, Kate is doing what works for her. She looks, IMHO, more comfortable with her role on this trip, moreso than others they have done before. Rock on Kate, you're doing just fine in my book.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1493 on: October 17, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »

Kate looks so chic in this tour, every detail seems to be carefully planned.
Will could have try a bit more regarding his outfits but he really shined the other night!
It seems they have studied a little bit for this tour and they're also engaged, they trully enjoy the presence/company of the people surrounding them, while they do the job - a descent representation of the british crown.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: October 17, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »

Cricket time!

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: October 17, 2019, 11:41:44 AM »

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: October 17, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »

Fashion round up so far:

It's a good tour wardrobe so far. British and Pakistani designers, a mix of bespoke, high end and high street items, a few repeats, everything photographs well, everything's been appropriate for the activities, no wardrobe malfunctions.

Oh, and some clearly thought through diplomatic nods, such as the green tunic to meet the Prime Minister, and the jasmine embroidery today.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: October 17, 2019, 11:54:25 AM »

Kate's speech at the SOS Children's Village earlier. She spoke a bit of Urdu  Yes

https://twitter.com/iihti...tatus/1184762843536723968

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: October 17, 2019, 11:54:57 AM »

As far as I can tell, both William and Kate are doing really great. And look really great. Also that white outfit... I want it. Iím Danish and it will look very out of place here. But I want it.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: October 17, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »

Getting ready at the mosque

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 135   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: