Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 285   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 603567 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1875 on: November 02, 2019, 11:00:55 PM »

My personal theory is that the plan is for the monarchy to be slimmed down when Charles' reign begins and that will impact the number and the types of engagements that the remaining ones can participate in the future. I believe that their patronages will likely be focused on those with a nation wide appeal/impact and the smaller regional ones will  unfortunately not have a royal patron. I believe that the younger generation have been requested to not take on 600 plus patronages like QEII/DoE and limit the number to ones that they have a genuine interest in and will be able to continue with in the future.

This!  Star

And thank you, luvcharles, for the elucidation.  Star

Congrats, anastasia beaverhausen, on 3000 posts!  Champagne Star

Thanks DejaVu!  Hug

I think I would hate to be the one who had to tell a charity that they are losing royal patronage, but I definitely see the reasoning behind limiting the number.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: November 03, 2019, 01:51:02 AM »

I think limiting is good as long as you actually participate in what charities you already have, which has been the excuse of the younger generation - but it turns out they do very little with their actual charities to begin with, so it doesn't much matter in my eyes. If you say you want to have a smaller pool so you can truly support them, awesome - but actually support them instead of convening them under umbrellas that do nothing and provide no funding, and no real help. HT is an example: some of what has come out of it has been great, awareness and discussion, and the help line. Fabulous. But these charities now are struggling to make ends meet even more and the royals who are "shining a light" on these charities do nothing to support that. Some have shut down. It just allows them to take credit for things that is not theirs to take. It all reminds me of how ragey I got at that Newsweek interview two or so years ago talking about these plans and how I wanted to smack Harry upside the head going on about it - it's because all these charities are not glamorous or interesting or fun for them, so screw them.

This is not necessarily a William and Kate thing but a thing I see in other royal families as well, but mostly in the BRF with the amount of charity as work that has been in development since George V and Queen Mary redefined how the British monarchy would function in the modern age.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: November 03, 2019, 02:02:09 AM »

Yes, yes, yes...

Star

I know that Aubiette supplied the EACH link which showed what Kate has visibly done...a handful of visits and an annual letter or video for hospice week.  Plus the effect in 2013, for her first pregnancy, and 2014, for George's 1st birthday, of donations.  And she's probably receiving briefing...and hopefully she reads her briefings unlike her husband.  But while all of that is great it doesn't justify the low number of charities or the trend in the younger generation of taking all the credit (and sometimes funding) from the charities themselves.

They need to remember "I have to be seen to be believed" (Queen Elizabeth II) and "You are a member of the British royal family.  We are never tired, and we all love hospitals." (Queen Mary)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:15:22 AM by Oh_Caroline » Logged
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: November 03, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »

http://apps.charitycommis...32048_AC_20181231_E_C.PDF

A nice breakdown of the foundations charity work. Itís from 2018 because this year isnít finished. There is also a lot of good information on the Heads Together site.

It seems to me that some good is being done and I personally havenít seen all of the credit being taken. Instead I have seen praise of work being done by the charities themselves. Maybe I missed it.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1879 on: November 03, 2019, 05:12:21 PM »

I do think they could and should do more but are working in a different way from the royals in the 70s and 80s and the method used by, say, Anne now. I believe they adopt the Queen's idea of "being seen to be believed" and feel doing 500+ engagements a year all over the country does the monarchy good.

I think the plan with W&K and their generation was, as Ellie says, that they would work with less charities but do more "behind the scenes" work, devoting say one day every 2 months to set charity visiting the staff, sitting in on meetings etc. However, the true extent of their not doing much has been revealed and they work in much the same way as Anne and Charles do visiting charities for big events, new initiatives etc but not putting in as much behind the scene as people thought they would.

I don't doubt that they do more than we know and hear about, just as the other royals have meetings with their staff. 

SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: November 05, 2019, 06:12:40 PM »

Wills and Kate are scheduled to attend the Royal variety performance later this month.
I'm looking forward to seeing what gala dress Kate wears, and whether William wears those horrid slippers!
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: November 05, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »

Wills and Kate are scheduled to attend the Royal variety performance later this month.
I'm looking forward to seeing what gala dress Kate wears, and whether William wears those horrid slippers!
Yep saw the news.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: November 05, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »

Brill!

And Kate will be joining Bill at the emergency services engagement on the 7th

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: November 06, 2019, 10:39:14 AM »

Very keen to see what Kate wears for this because I am a superficial gown-loving person. Previous years:

My choice for an autumnal, rewear with a bit of colour would be:

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: November 06, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »

I really like the red dress with the flowers and the black one.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: November 06, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »

I really like the red dress with the flowers and the black one.

I like that red dress too!  Damn you Kate, quit giving me ideas! 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: November 06, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

Lace, or ice princess sparkles, with hair all over the place or alternatively the old lady hair net chignon. Imagine if she showed up looking as stunning as she did for the BAFTAs though!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: November 06, 2019, 08:59:46 PM »

That ice blue dress is one of my absolute favourites of hers. It was sooooo pretty 

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: November 07, 2019, 12:24:30 PM »

Kate (with a mega blowout and a new Wickstead dress) and William at the launch of the National Emergencies Trust at St Martin-in-the-Fields today

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1889 on: November 07, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »

Kate needs to ask Aunt Sophie about clothes and hair etc ...... she is old before time
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 285   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: