Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 273796 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: May 10, 2019, 05:20:26 AM »

She was drinking only days before announcing with Charlotte, so it's possible.

Kate saying she's broody definitely means another one will be on the way sooner rather than later imo.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: May 10, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were asked about birth at Cutty Sark in London
William said he was uncle for second time, mistakenly adding that Kate was too
Duchess couldn't hold back her laughter before Prince corrected himself 
https://www.dailymail.co....x-hilarious-exchange.html
i really i like  Smiley him to mention Pippas son

cred-hecambridgees.

On Her Majesty's (Secret) Service: Scout leader reveals Kate dressed up as Bond secretary Moneypenny for theme party during time volunteering
https://www.dailymail.co....-Bond-Party-Anglesey.html

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge travelled to North Wales this morning
Couple toured the Caernarfon Coastguard Search and Rescue Helicopter Base and Wales Air Ambulance, arriving in the middle of a downpour
Kate, 37, looked stylish in a red blazer by Lorenzo Serafini and skinny jeans
The Duchess cooed as she met an adorable-looking baby in a blue cardigan
Royals made their way to their former home of Anglesey this afternoon to visit a sea salt company and make a quick stop to admire wildlife at Newborough Beach
Yesterday, Kate and William launched the inaugural King's Cup charity regatta
William said he was 'absolutely thrilled' about the arrival of Harry and Meghan's son - and looked forward to welcoming them to the 'sleep deprivation club'
https://www.dailymail.co....olleagues-Caernarfon.html

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2019, 08:47:04 AM »

New Heads Together initiative incoming that actually has some thought behind it...

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke & Duchess of Sussex have announced the launch of ‘Shout’ - a free text message service offering 24/7 support to anyone in crisis. Based on Crisis Text Line in the US, this (very much needed) support network is the first of its kind in the UK.

Prince William has issued a call for 3,000 volunteers to launch the UK’s first 24/7 mental health texting service.

The Duke of Cambridge said he wanted to utilise the UK’s “incredible national volunteer community” to link up trained home-based support with people suffering anything from suicidal thoughts to anxiety and loneliness.

He revealed that the Shout service has been quietly trialled over the last year during which it has already helped 60,000 people.

Backed by the Royal Foundation, the joint charitable vehicle for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the system has so far enlisted approximately 1,000 volunteers, but aims to reach 4,000 by the end of the year.

It is modelled on Crisis Text Line, which since being established in the US in 2013 has processed more than 100 million messages and been credited with saving countless lives.

Announcing the initiative alongside the Duchess of Cambridge at Kensington Palace, the Duke said it would be a “huge difference to people’s lives”.

“As texting is private and silent it opens up a whole new way to find support,” he said.

“You can have a conversation anywhere any time - at school on the bus, anywhere.

“I am incredibly excited to be launching this service, knowing it has the potential to reach thousands of vulnerable people everyday.”

He told how “Harry, Meghan, Katherine and I” had been closely involved with developing Shout over the past 12 months.

The project is the first joint initiative since the Duchess of Sussex joined the Royal family last year, and yesterday’s announcement the first since the couples formally separated their households amid rumours of contrasting working styles.

The Duke said the service is a “tangible” legacy of the Heads Together charity, which achieved huge prominence from 2016 as both brothers went public about their own mental health struggles.

Early data from Shout shows suicidal thoughts account for 40 per cent of text contacts, with depression or sadness comprising 38 per cent, followed by relationship problems and anxiety or stress.

Eight pm to midnight was the most popular time to text seeking help.

Volunteers are trained to help users through a moment of crisis and guide them towards mental health services, however in extreme situations they are able to alert emergency services directly.

They receive 25 hours of online training and must then commit to between two to four hours on standby each week.

“You can work from home, from your kitchen table, volunteer with your colleagues in offices, your halls of residence, anywhere that is private with a secure internet connection,” said the Duke.

“It’s not for everyone - there are some very difficult conversations, and you need to be able to listen without judgment on a range of issues from suicidal thoughts, to bullying, abuse, sexuality, self-harm and relationships.”

The launch was attended by Lord Darzi, Director of the Institute of Global Health Innovation at Imperial College London, which is supporting Shout.

He said there was a “new culture of openness” emerging around mental health which “we need to nurture”.

Currently visualizing my highest self
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2019, 09:38:53 AM »

But where are they getting the money? Why volunteers? Why not paid, trained professionals? There are plenty of online services like this. Why not give the money to those charities rather than start a competing group like this? It was one of them who had visited an institution like this. And another I know Harry visited that had been closed because nobody was funding them. I think the idea itself is fine, but the execution and thought is poor as it always is. There is still all that wonder about where all that money from Heads Together and the London Marathon actually WENT. Was it to this?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »

I think this is a good idea however, and this is not the fault of W&K, mental health services in the UK are hugely overworked, underfunded and have a fraction of the resources they need.  They badly, badly need more staff and beds before having any more referrals made to them and a commitment to maintain that level of investment.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »

I think this is a good idea however, and this is not the fault of W&K, mental health services in the UK are hugely overworked, underfunded and have a fraction of the resources they need.  They badly, badly need more staff and beds before having any more referrals made to them and a commitment to maintain that level of investment.

But the royals cannot get into that, they have to keep themselves away from the government s resposibilities. I think that this initiative is very well done, it doesn t require a lot of money - online courses, volunteers, no investment in location/equipement/etc., and it can smooth a lot of the work the professional staff are doing.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »

But the royals cannot get into that, they have to keep themselves away from the government s resposibilities. I think that this initiative is very well done, it doesn t require a lot of money - online courses, volunteers, no investment in location/equipement/etc., and it can smooth a lot of the work the professional staff are doing.

That’s one of the tragedies of royalty. They can’t actually get involved with the facet of this movement that needs the pressure and influence and that would actually do good.

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »

Waity and Willy arriving in north Wales to visit the Caernarfon search and rescue station

Kate in a whole lotta rewears
She looks absolutely fantastic!!!! I feel like I get Vic's vibes from Kate today!!!!!

Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2019, 04:04:36 PM »

I think this new initiative is great, but I wonder, how it is that Diana got more things done charity wise as a royal than today's younger royals? Remember in 87 when Diana touched an AIDS patient and she also contributed in ending the stigma of AIDS?
lyndell75

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »

Cute, but does she need the purse

Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2019, 04:15:51 PM »

I think this new initiative is great, but I wonder, how it is that Diana got more things done charity wise as a royal than today's younger royals? Remember in 87 when Diana touched an AIDS patient and she also contributed in ending the stigma of AIDS?

Her big moments were post divorce.

Royals don't help charities,  they don't create initiatives, they are props to get donors. Even Heads Together is just a bunch of preexisting charities put under one banner. Their foundations just give out money to other charities (aka a waste of money for donors,  because money has to go to the foundations overhead before going to its final charity - directly donating is better use of the donation money)
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »

Because they do many things with only short term plans not a few big things with long terms plans.  Head Together launched in May 2016 and was only supposed to continue until the 2017 London Marathon.  Now this new idea...while good...is only at this point a call for a huge amount of untrained volunteers.  It will be months before impact can be measured...positive or negative, number of people helped, and what the impact is on volunteers. 

It's great to want to "end the stigma", "start conservations", and "guide people towards mental health services" but it doesn't fix a system that is broken at its core and the 3M that's being spent on this initiative could support 100's of hours of charity hours that already try to provide counseling.

I get what they're trying to do (I think) and I get that the politics are complicated but I'm not at all convinced that Heads Together has had a positive impact on the mental health sector as a whole. 

If more people are seeking help but the system is overburdened and can't help them than has Heads Together really helped anyone?
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2019, 07:50:07 PM »

^ If I read it correctly, they’ve already had a one year trial and 1000 volunteers.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: May 10, 2019, 08:09:00 PM »

I missed that.  That's good but I still stand by what I said about how this very likely won't fix the fact that the mental health system is overworked, underfunded, and broken at its core.
GoodGollyMissMolly

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: May 10, 2019, 08:24:08 PM »

There's been a boot change. The Penelope Chilvers boots have been busted out yet again for an engagement on the beach.

Those boots will soon be old enough to leave home and have little boots of their own.

At least she's not trying to walk on the beach in heels. Maybe the boots are at the "don't care if they get wrecked" stage.

Catherine really looks her best in more casual sporty attire and seems happiest at sporting events.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: