Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 285   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 606191 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #2190 on: December 16, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »

Nothing to do with a certain great uncle/uncle I'm sure Whistle

TBF will be nice to see them starting to make the trip
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2191 on: December 16, 2019, 08:57:10 PM »

TBH I don't like children being used as PR
Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2192 on: December 16, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »

It will be interesting to see if the kids actually do the walk. They seem young for this IMO but others are begging for it so maybe I’m wrong.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2193 on: December 16, 2019, 09:13:18 PM »

I believe William and his brother were 6 and 4 when they first did the Christmas walk so the same ages of George and Charlotte now. It would make sense in that perspective that this was always going to be the year. Hopefully William's uncle stays away from it.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2194 on: December 16, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »

If George and Charlotte do the walk, I doubt it has anything to do with Andrew. I don't think William would use his kids to take the focus off of Andrew, and yes, I believe they have used their kids for PR purposes, frankly, all the royal families do, but to save Andrew's behind? Nope, don't see Wills doing it. The kids have been more visible this year, so I wouldn't be surprised that this was always the plan (if we even believe that the report is correct).

I also don't see Andrew doing the walk. Maybe riding in the car with his mother, but not the walk, especially if protesters turn up. Queenie isn't going to let her precious son be heckled or exposed to protesters. She will protect him at all costs.

While I would love to see the kids, I would be worried about what they will be exposed to. If there are protesters, it could be scary for the little ones. I know that protesters will probably be kept away from them, but a lot of people yelling at them would be very confusing and young children do not need to be exposed to that. This is why I believe, if the queen has any brains, she would tell Andrew, and his daughters, to stay home. Now, I don't believe in punishing the girls for the sins of their father, but, if this is to be George and Charlotte's first Christmas walk, then let the spotlight be on them. The girls can stay at Sandringham and keep their dad company.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2195 on: December 16, 2019, 10:01:26 PM »

I'm watching the Berry Royal Christmas programme. It's essentially full on royal pr and recipes, but it's a good festive watch. Kate's getting better at talking and she and Will have got their relatable middle class drag nailed down

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2196 on: December 16, 2019, 10:12:05 PM »

I'm watching the Berry Royal Christmas programme. It's essentially full on royal pr and recipes, but it's a good festive watch. Kate's getting better at talking and she and Will have got their relatable middle class drag nailed down

I hope there's a way to watch it in the US later! It looks like fun - PR of course, but I love kitschy holiday stuff. KP twitter shared a clip from the baking earlier today and they all seemed to be having a good time. Mary is clearly really comfortable with them which was cute.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2197 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:26 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss, Lemondrizzle. I lost my husband 10 years ago. There is a word for me: widow, but there is no word for parents whose child has died. I sat in many grief therapy groups and those parents have it rough in other ways. This is a good board with lots of kind people.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2198 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

It's basically their PR they've been doing for some years - the relatable 'middle class just like you and me' family. I doubt they do much for themselves but I bet Kate does cook on occasion (why else would they have chefs and housekeepers full time?). It would be neat if we could see THEIR kitchen at KP or Anmer and inviting Mary there - more intimate?

I hope the kids walk. They are old enough for church. But maybe HM does not want that considering she does not like little children very much (if Charles were king I think he'd suggest they come as babies but he seems far more interested in the little ones).

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2199 on: December 16, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »

The clips I’ve seen so far are super cute. I hope I can see the full show at some point.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #2200 on: December 16, 2019, 10:22:48 PM »

I hope there's a way to watch it in the US later! It looks like fun - PR of course, but I love kitschy holiday stuff. KP twitter shared a clip from the baking earlier today and they all seemed to be having a good time. Mary is clearly really comfortable with them which was cute.

Mary also has a recipe for a chocolate and beetroot cake which looks fab

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2201 on: December 16, 2019, 10:40:37 PM »

It's basically their PR they've been doing for some years - the relatable 'middle class just like you and me' family. I doubt they do much for themselves but I bet Kate does cook on occasion (why else would they have chefs and housekeepers full time?). It would be neat if we could see THEIR kitchen at KP or Anmer and inviting Mary there - more intimate?

I hope the kids walk. They are old enough for church. But maybe HM does not want that considering she does not like little children very much (if Charles were king I think he'd suggest they come as babies but he seems far more interested in the little ones).

There is a clip where Kate talks about making pizza with the kids. I reckon she does that sort of “fun” stuff with them, but I would hazard a guess they have someone to do the bulk of the day-to-day cooking.

What makes you say HM doesn’t like little children? I have seen numerous clips over the years (C&D wedding, Harry’s christening, with Bea and Eug as kids, Trooping of the Colour etc), that show her interacting really well with her young grandchildren! I always remember the one with Bea and Eug really well, they were only about 4 & 2, and Bea was on a pony squealing “look at me Gwanny!”, and the queen was laughing and saying how clever she was riding her pony. I don’t think she dislikes children at all.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2202 on: December 16, 2019, 10:42:16 PM »

I could totally see Charles walking to church surrounded by his grandchildren!! And he would have the biggest smile on his face too!
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2203 on: December 16, 2019, 10:51:55 PM »

Thank you for your post Paulina

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your husband. It must be especially difficult at times like Christmas. I hope you have family to share the holiday with
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #2204 on: December 16, 2019, 10:52:25 PM »

I don't think HM enjoys little children at church because they are, well, little and can't often stay still or quiet. Isn't that why they do not bring the children to church in general until they are older?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 285   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: