Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 173114 times)
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2019, 04:22:06 AM »

One more thought...because of the way the Queen changed the line of succession, every single one of William's children is next in line to the throne. And every single one needs to know from early on that their life has already been scripted and they need to know how to live within that world of obligation, to prepare for it and to honor the institution of the monarchy. Pretending to be a middle-class family may be fun for the wife but at some point it has to end to prepare them for the possibilities of their position in the line of succession.

OK. I'm done.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2019, 02:53:14 PM »

re: engagements, it is amazing hearing how a royal visiting a village, a business, a community is a sense of pride, and belonging, for the people. It gives them media attention, especially for rural communities or inner city areas that are hurting. It makes people happy. Ditching those means you are giving the finger to your own people, if you ask me.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ellie.  They've got a lot of ground to cover to become just a fraction as beloved as the Queen.  JMO

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: May 13, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

One more thought...because of the way the Queen changed the line of succession, every single one of William's children is next in line to the throne. And every single one needs to know from early on that their life has already been scripted and they need to know how to live within that world of obligation, to prepare for it and to honor the institution of the monarchy. Pretending to be a middle-class family may be fun for the wife but at some point it has to end to prepare them for the possibilities of their position in the line of succession.

OK. I'm done.

The Queen didnít change any ďline of successionĒ - all Williamís children were always going to be in line. The only thing that changed was that Charlotte stayed in her place, rather than drop below Louis (as happened to Anne, who was born 2nd, but was overtaken twice by younger brothers. This didnít exclude her from the line of succession though).

Charlotte will only drop down the line when and if George has children of his own.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2019, 06:32:37 PM »

re: engagements, it is amazing hearing how a royal visiting a village, a business, a community is a sense of pride, and belonging, for the people. It gives them media attention, especially for rural communities or inner city areas that are hurting. It makes people happy. Ditching those means you are giving the finger to your own people, if you ask me.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ellie.  They've got a lot of ground to cover to become just a fraction as beloved as the Queen.  JMO
They do have a long way to go and they forget itís actually these royal duties that makes them more loved and respected and itís great for the monarchy.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2019, 01:40:05 AM »

OK. I'm done.

The Queen didn't change the line of succession. She doesn't have that power.

The parliaments of the 16 realms did, after discussing the matter. It was a decision made by the Heads of Government at CHOGM in 2011. The Queen gave her consent but ... she knows that to deny such consent would create a constitutional crisis and so she had to agree, just as she has to agree to all sorts of legislation and other government decisions, even if she personally opposed them.

All of William's children were always going to be in the line of succession and all would eventually be HRH. All she did with their titles was give them all HRH from birth rather than just George (as the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales he was HRH from birth under the 1917 Letters Patent).
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2019, 02:31:47 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ellie.  They've got a lot of ground to cover to become just a fraction as beloved as the Queen.  JMO
They do have a long way to go and they forget itís actually these royal duties that makes them more loved and respected and itís great for the monarchy.

Not just the Queen.  I think Charles and Camilla are doing a lot of this vital local contact work.  When they visit local fairs and other such events they are making contact with the people and forging a bond that I think is extremely important for the future of the monarchy.  I have yet to see William and Kate doing this sort of thing.  Maybe they do but I don't get the same vibe from their outings as I do when I see Charles & Camilla laughing and joining in and wholeheartedly enjoying tasting beers or nibbles at a fair.  I get the feeling with W&K their outings to meet the people are very staged and that they are doing it because the have to, not because they want to.  But I admit I may be biased.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2019, 02:34:46 AM »

Not just the Queen.  I think Charles and Camilla are doing a lot of this vital local contact work.  When they visit local fairs and other such events they are making contact with the people and forging a bond that I think is extremely important for the future of the monarchy.  I have yet to see William and Kate doing this sort of thing.  Maybe they do but I don't get the same vibe from their outings as I do when I see Charles & Camilla laughing and wholeheartedly enjoying tasting beers or nibbles at a fair.  I get the feeling with W&K their outings to meet the people are very staged and that they are doing it because the have to, not because they want to.  But I admit I may be biased.

I think the millennial generation of royals isnít willing to get out bed for the non glamorous things.

Pin a blue ribbon on someoneís prize sheep? As if.

Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2019, 03:08:36 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree with you Ellie.  They've got a lot of ground to cover to become just a fraction as beloved as the Queen.  JMO

Not just the Queen.  I think Charles and Camilla are doing a lot of this vital local contact work.  When they visit local fairs and other such events they are making contact with the people and forging a bond that I think is extremely important for the future of the monarchy.  I have yet to see William and Kate doing this sort of thing.  Maybe they do but I don't get the same vibe from their outings as I do when I see Charles & Camilla laughing and joining in and wholeheartedly enjoying tasting beers or nibbles at a fair.  I get the feeling with W&K their outings to meet the people are very staged and that they are doing it because the have to, not because they want to.  But I admit I may be biased.
I must admit I never knew before how important the "Bread and Butter" duties are the most important part of royalty. They surely must know this will keep the monarchy going if they have a strong bond with the people in all parts of the UK. Why do they insist on keeping a distance when even Diana embraced being close to the people?
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2019, 04:00:10 AM »

I must admit I never knew before how important the "Bread and Butter" duties are the most important part of royalty. They surely must know this will keep the monarchy going if they have a strong bond with the people in all parts of the UK. Why do they insist on keeping a distance when even Diana embraced being close to the people?

Yes, it's strange behaviour for the elder son of the People's Princess.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2019, 04:21:53 AM »

I personally think its because possibly during the Diana years it was a once in a lifetime/rare time in British history never to be duplicated? At least they can try. I just want Will and Kate to do more royal duties and have enthusiasm and also don't want the future to cut off the bread and butter engagements thats so important.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: May 14, 2019, 04:56:24 AM »

Diana is OT here, just to let you know.

You would think though with parents who understood their duty William would be the same but instead he runs away from it.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: May 14, 2019, 07:11:07 AM »

Diana is OT here, just to let you know.

You would think though with parents who understood their duty William would be the same but instead he runs away from it.
I just think that the younger royals need to be careful. When The Queen is not gone majority of the public will question them and the media will go after them. Its why its vital for Will and Kate to visits schools, hospitals, ect..... meet people have a bond with them be seen as the "future".
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: May 14, 2019, 07:21:59 AM »

I think he's a very reserved person and doesn't seem to trust people. But I agree that more contact with the normal people would be good.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:40:12 AM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: May 14, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »

I think he's a very reserved person and doesn't seem to trust people. But I agree that more contact with the normal people would be good.
There's nothing wrong with being reserved and honestly not trusting people is not a bad thing, but as his duty and his wifes they should have more contact with normal people. They are the one's who will make and break them.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2019, 03:43:02 AM »

It has nothing to do with being touchy feely. They don't have to be. But they need to engage with the people and show up. It's the way to keep monarchy support up but it's not glamorous or interesting enough for them, as they have said multiple times in various interviews. The excuse is "oh we won't spread ourselves too thin," but they still do very little for the charities they do support to the point they get other patrons who will support them properly and publicly. (EACH, anyone?)

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 94   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: