Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 249   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 482687 times)
Paulina

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2445 on: January 15, 2020, 10:03:52 PM »

Being parents have made them better at royalling. More please! Champagne
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2446 on: January 15, 2020, 10:20:51 PM »

So many great pics and videos of the day. William seeing himself on the cake and thinking it’s Charlotte was so cute. Kate with the kids. Both of them with the crowds. A lot of great moments between the two of them. They seem really happy and settled together.
William did mention getting out and around the UK so hopefully there will be a lot more days like today.
Kate’s fashion doesn’t bother me. She is appropriate and conservative. After the early mishaps I think we can expect ‘boring conservative’ and I’m ok with that.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2447 on: January 15, 2020, 10:55:05 PM »

Green is kate color for sure..still i am not fan of coat..nice shies and bag though and nice dress also
All those pix are lovely clearly this  a sucsessful visit

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #2448 on: January 15, 2020, 11:47:17 PM »

AFAIK Kate and Leti are about the same height, 5'6-5'7. I always worry about Kate being so thin and Leti too. Too much dieting, too much exercise. Not good for you.

The pictures with the girl are darling. She has warmed up considerably since Louis; even before him she seemed awkward with her own kids not to mention other people's children.

William practicing BSL is great.

They need to do these away days once a week, I feel. Connect with the people all over Britain not just in the Home Counties. Go to little communities. Get all the press there. Meet businesspeople and groups. Give them so much press. Go to more remote villages and locations, it would make such a difference for those people. Charles and Anne do that - time for Cambridges to do more of it!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2449 on: January 15, 2020, 11:58:25 PM »

So many great pics and videos of the day. William seeing himself on the cake and thinking it’s Charlotte was so cute. Kate with the kids. Both of them with the crowds. A lot of great moments between the two of them. They seem really happy and settled together.
William did mention getting out and around the UK so hopefully there will be a lot more days like today.
Kate’s fashion doesn’t bother me. She is appropriate and conservative. After the early mishaps I think we can expect ‘boring conservative’ and I’m ok with that.

These two really seem to have settled into their roles lately, and it's great to see.  Boring conservative is fine, and as long as William continues to progress and get around and do stuff like this, I am even prepared to view those hideous suede shoes as a cute eccentricity and not demand they all be burned! :D
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2450 on: January 16, 2020, 12:28:42 AM »

Boring conservative is dependable. I want more days like this.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2451 on: January 16, 2020, 12:30:29 AM »

Even Kate's boring looks are stylish in their own way. I'll take it.
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #2452 on: January 16, 2020, 12:53:40 AM »

This was a tonic and exactly what they need to be doing. They both look very nice and appropriate and their interactions with people are natural and relaxed. Never thought I'd say it but I think they get what their role is and are trying to fill expectations. It's so important that they bolster the monarchy, granny can use all the help she can get right now.

We are made of the love of thousands.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #2453 on: January 16, 2020, 12:55:47 AM »

It is also a good show that despite all the chaos between politics and OT couple that the monarchy is there, doing it's thing, meeting people and giving press to lots of worthwhile organizations and people. A unifying force of all kinds. The entire point of it these days, and why people want to keep it in countries that are monarchies.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2454 on: January 16, 2020, 01:10:23 AM »

They are Keep Calm and Carry On in action.

Question: When William becomes king, can he decide if he wants to enlist the help of relatives as full time royals? Zara, Peter, Eugenie, Bea, or Wessex kids? It would be his prerogative, right, if they agree? Slimming down the monarchy is one thing, but having enough respected/respectable people to go out and do royal visits is another.

It would be very smart of Charles to retire after ten years. He could leave a terrific legacy (depending on what he does) and still enjoy life and helping/watching his son take over. The Dutch have that wired and seems to work while everyone is at their peak performing years.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2455 on: January 16, 2020, 01:19:58 AM »

Considering the Charles has been the heir since he was three years old I honestly can't see him abdicating at any point...even ignoring the stain of abdication in the UK and the fact that there is currently no framework for abdication for any reason.

Sure William could pull in anyone he wanted but assuming that Charles enjoy the same longevity of his parents Williams own children will like be in their early 30s when their father become monarch.  Plus as his cousins are only dropping in succession, William would have to come up with a damn good reason to get the public's support.

You all know my stance (Sovereign, heir, and heir's heir if there is one only) and honestly the way things have been, in The House of Windsor, I can't see the public supporting random increase in the royal roster that includes irrelevant royals.  I can't see a future that includes William's cousins as working royals...but heck I could be wrong.

Nearly all of mainland Europe has gone ultra streamlined and that's probably the (best) future for the BRF.

Now that's not to say that non working royals can't and/or won't continue to be pulled in for the BIG stuff but that's limited to things like special church services, state banquets, and garden parties.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #2456 on: January 16, 2020, 01:21:11 AM »

Kate's style is conservative, but not dowdy. It makes all the difference.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2457 on: January 16, 2020, 02:47:08 AM »

Considering the Charles has been the heir since he was three years old I honestly can't see him abdicating at any point...even ignoring the stain of abdication in the UK and the fact that there is currently no framework for abdication for any reason.

Sure William could pull in anyone he wanted but assuming that Charles enjoy the same longevity of his parents Williams own children will like be in their early 30s when their father become monarch.  Plus as his cousins are only dropping in succession, William would have to come up with a damn good reason to get the public's support.

You all know my stance (Sovereign, heir, and heir's heir if there is one only) and honestly the way things have been, in The House of Windsor, I can't see the public supporting random increase in the royal roster that includes irrelevant royals.  I can't see a future that includes William's cousins as working royals...but heck I could be wrong.

Nearly all of mainland Europe has gone ultra streamlined and that's probably the (best) future for the BRF.

Now that's not to say that non working royals can't and/or won't continue to be pulled in for the BIG stuff but that's limited to things like special church services, state banquets, and garden parties.
Historically the females in the family enjoy great old age. This is not the case for the men in the family who often die in their   70's if that. True, Philip is closing in on 100, and I devoutly hope he sees it, especially with the dumpster fire in the back yard that the Queen has to sort out. But his own father Andrew of Greece was 52 when he died. George V  was 71 and VI  57. DoW 78. Victoria 82, Queen Mary 86, Queen Alexandra 81, QEQM 102. The outlier being Princess Margaret at 72, but she had a very un healthy, to say the least, lifestyle.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:57:13 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #2458 on: January 16, 2020, 07:38:18 AM »

Spot on, everyone!  Star Star Star If boring means dependable and no self-inflicted, self-serving drama I'll buy into that! W&K did what royals do, fabulously.  The rival "royal" court in North America is in session, however. Anything to rain on a Brit parade. Well, Brits, there are those that love you and are happy to share in the fruits of your labour. There are those who hate/dislike you and are equally happy to share in the fruits of your labour, even if its a "quid" per annum per person.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:06:23 AM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2459 on: January 16, 2020, 08:04:42 AM »

Kate's style is conservative, but not dowdy. It makes all the difference.

Beats a khaki sleeveless recycled polyester trench coat any day! 😹
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 249   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: