Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 252   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 491848 times)
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #2835 on: February 25, 2020, 10:02:52 PM »

At the Noel Coward theater for tonight's performance of "Dear Evan Hansen."

https://twitter.com/danie.../1232386166210596866?s=20

Black tweed for a theater engagement, am I the only one who finds that odd/unappealing?

Meh I don’t like it either. I mean there’s nothing wrong or inappropriate it’s just blah. It looks like a boardroom meeting dress, if you added different shoes.

Love the shoes and clutch. I'm holding back an opinion on the dress until we know it's provenance and I see a description. I'm wondering if it's a weave shot through with metallic silver that is just not picking up the light.
I do agree the style does shout formal board meeting outfit, dressed up with some sparkly buttons . . .

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #2836 on: February 25, 2020, 10:02:59 PM »

Black tweed for a theater engagement, am I the only one who finds that odd/unappealing?

Meh I donít like it either. I mean thereís nothing wrong or inappropriate itís just blah. It looks like a boardroom meeting dress, if you added different shoes.

That dress and those shoes are going to two different events.
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2837 on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:29 PM »

The shoes are fabulous, the dress is... not a "going to a fun show" vibe. It seems kind of heavy and I'm sure she has things in her closet that would've matched the event better.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2838 on: February 25, 2020, 10:18:23 PM »

The buttons look like theyíve got some sparkle to them, so the dress would probably be too formal for a business type event. I think itís a great look for an evening at the theatre
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2839 on: February 25, 2020, 10:18:33 PM »

Quote from: GoodGollyMissMolly
[/quote

That dress and those shoes are going to two different events.
[/quote]

Nailed it! And made me laugh.  Laugh bounce
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2840 on: February 25, 2020, 10:21:19 PM »

I was expecting her to wear dark colors tbh considering the musical theyíre watching and that theyíre trying to put the mental health aspect in focus. Not sure why but I had a feeling she would wear black. I actually like the dress and the silhouette, it looks great on her. I really really love those shoes, Iím glad she wore them again

The dress is from Eponine London
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2841 on: February 25, 2020, 10:38:41 PM »

Actually, this is exactly what I would expect Kate to wear to the theatre.

Big fan of the shoes and clutch.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #2842 on: February 25, 2020, 11:01:57 PM »

This is the 2019 thread?
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #2843 on: February 25, 2020, 11:12:34 PM »

I don't think we have a 2020 thread yet, Hester, unless I just didn't see it.

I like all the elements of what she's wearing, and I guess the sparkly buttons do kind of tie it together. The tailoring on the dress is very nice, and the style suits her. And you're right, nothing inappropriate about it at all. Her makeup is very nice, I'm glad she seems to be getting away from the heavy eye makeup. She looks great and the event highlights such an important topic that the clothing matters very little.

We are made of the love of thousands.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2844 on: February 26, 2020, 12:40:08 AM »

I love that dress. The shoes not so much. They are going to separate events. Maybe the theater is freezing and she dressed appropriately? I'm always bundled up in theaters.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2845 on: February 26, 2020, 12:42:27 AM »

Meh I donít like it either. I mean thereís nothing wrong or inappropriate itís just blah. It looks like a boardroom meeting dress, if you added different shoes.

Love the shoes and clutch. I'm holding back an opinion on the dress until we know it's provenance and I see a description. I'm wondering if it's a weave shot through with metallic silver that is just not picking up the light.
I do agree the style does shout formal board meeting outfit, dressed up with some sparkly buttons . . .

I think it is; you can see it as she moves... we'll see in the HQ pics eventually.

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2846 on: February 26, 2020, 01:10:30 AM »

The dress is great nice drape but doesn't match the event or the shoes. I can appreciate black but surely she has other black outfits. What is striking from this picture is how good her makeup is. I still can't get over the heavy hand she had for her own wedding makeup and never thought we'd get away from that Scouse brow nonsense so halelujah.
Queenís Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #2847 on: February 26, 2020, 01:11:59 AM »

I donít have a problem with her outfit, really.  The shoes are a tad sparkly, but really Kate is pretty high up on my list right now.  It would be hard for her to go wrong in my book.  I mean, sheís there!  I canít say that for everyone in that family. 
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2848 on: February 26, 2020, 01:53:53 AM »

I like the dress, especially if it does have a bit of silver through the tweed. Its wasnít opening night (gala), just a general evening performance, and given the subject matter of DEH, and the message they are sending, I think itís very appropriate. Maybe the sparkly shoes are whatís throwing things off?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2849 on: February 26, 2020, 02:20:35 AM »

more photos

Eponine London Black Evening Tweed Dress

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 252   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: