Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 115   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 198567 times)
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: May 16, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »

She also wasn't a parent then for the most part (with George being born in 2013)
It doesn't matter though.

I think it does matter, though. Of course she was going to have more engagements back when she was just a married woman, she had little else to focus on. However, now she is a mother of three, and despite what some say, she does seem to be an involved mom. She's going to work a little less as she is raising her young children and going on maternity leave. (I think W&K will have one more)

With all the help available to her she can be a great, hands on mom and still work more than a few hours a month.  She isnít a stay at home mom, she a full time working Royal and could do with putting some energy into that. 
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: May 16, 2019, 08:51:28 PM »

In your opinions, do you guys see Will and Kate ever making it to the throne?
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2019, 09:01:16 PM »

He will but only by default. The Queen is over 90 and Charles, no spring chicken, sometimes looks worse then she does. So it will come.

Question is how long will his reign last before the plug is pulled. I believe if it ever does end it will on his watch.
anneboleyn

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:56 PM »

Yes, I think we will see King William and Queen Catherine. The real question, though, is if we will ever see King George.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 17, 2019, 04:05:44 AM »

The monarchy and the royals have all become dull. No renewed interests anymore. What happened? I thought Kate was supposed to be a breath of fresh air?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #290 on: May 17, 2019, 01:13:37 PM »

So they are taking credit for something they didn't create or do much with, just donated some money. Good Lord.

ALL royals do this. W&K are hardly unique in any way Beer
Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:44 PM »

The monarchy and the royals have all become dull. No renewed interests anymore. What happened? I thought Kate was supposed to be a breath of fresh air?

The brf have always been dull though. Royals behaving like celebrities is what gets the general publicís interest , most of the time.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 17, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »

The brf have always been dull though. Royals behaving like celebrities is what gets the general publicís interest , most of the time.

Indeed - which is why the Wales family need to do the same - turn up to events away from London and Berkshire and Anmer - be there to celebrate occasions that are not just sport or fashion or celeb - do the "smile and wave" across a broader range  . . . .
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2019, 07:17:24 PM »

I don't think they have to behave like royals though.
Nightowl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2019, 09:44:47 AM »

I for one hope that the monarchy continues on into the future for if all the monarchies vanish then there would be no royal forums to talk about except for the past when they existed ........that can get pretty boring with no future of royals.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2019, 11:42:02 AM »

I for one hope that the monarchy continues on into the future for if all the monarchies vanish then there would be no royal forums to talk about except for the past when they existed ........that can get pretty boring with no future of royals.

To be fair, the Roman Empire and post monarchy France managed to bring the drama even without a monarchy

Currently visualizing my highest self
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2019, 01:27:40 PM »

Given the Queen and Charles respective ages I do foresee a time where William will be King, but like there have said Iím not sure about George.  HM and Charles understand what they need to do, William Iím not so sure and the U.K. is a very different place nowadays compared to the deference and reverence the rf were always treated to in the past. 
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2019, 02:56:13 PM »

Given the Queen and Charles respective ages I do foresee a time where William will be King, but like there have said Iím not sure about George.  HM and Charles understand what they need to do, William Iím not so sure and the U.K. is a very different place nowadays compared to the deference and reverence the rf were always treated to in the past. 

I'm not William's biggest fan by any stretch and a year ago I would have said he would be the one to either bring down or oversee the end of the monarchy. But I think he's stepped up alot lately (starting from a VERY low base, I know) and maybe it's just in comparison to others, but he seems more regal somehow. I don't think the British people want a celebrity monarchy. He's still the most popular royal with them. I don't think the monarchy will end within my lifetime - if I outlive William, I'm almost certain it will be to see  King George VII crowned.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »

I'm not William's biggest fan by any stretch and a year ago I would have said he would be the one to either bring down or oversee the end of the monarchy. But I think he's stepped up alot lately (starting from a VERY low base, I know) and maybe it's just in comparison to others, but he seems more regal somehow. I don't think the British people want a celebrity monarchy. He's still the most popular royal with them. I don't think the monarchy will end within my lifetime - if I outlive William, I'm almost certain it will be to see  King George VII crowned.
I have to disagree. The UK and the world is changing.
LongMaySheReign

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2019, 09:37:10 PM »

Yeah, people tend to forget that Willliam actually does quite well in opinion polls. He is popular! Whether or not he's deserving of his popularity is another question.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 115   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: