Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 129215 times)
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »

Not the jeggings! Not again! Put them away!

Also what is with that frilly blouse over the sweater? It makes no sense.

William looks too dressed down, as well. Is that a green sweater with the navy blazer? Blech!

I hate how they always dress down to meet the peasants! Great way to honor them heroes, KP!  Roll Eyes

Even if you are meeting poor people, you can always dress nice with cheaper clothes..... not dress too casual with expensive clothes..... Jeez.
Because I am sure heroes of this community will put their best clothes to meet them.

Nono

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »

It was something the Queen Mother said, about dressing up for people because they dress up to see you. It's not about them it's about the people and places they visit. Sometimes she could be a wise woman, that one.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: June 11, 2019, 02:48:53 PM »

They are going to shear some sheep, I would give them that.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: June 11, 2019, 02:56:26 PM »

I dont want to be OT, but Sophie knows how to do it in perfection  Champagne

It was something the Queen Mother said, about dressing up for people because they dress up to see you. It's not about them it's about the people and places they visit. Sometimes she could be a wise woman, that one.

Exactly! Star

Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: June 11, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »

Since they are going to farm, I think her outfit is appropriate.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: June 11, 2019, 03:09:51 PM »

Coming from a farming background I must admit I disliked Sophie's outfit.  Kate's need a few adjustments but the concept is very much heading in the right direction.  She looks like she ready to get up close and personally with animals (and maybe a little dirty).
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: June 11, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »

Coming from a farming background I must admit I disliked Sophie's outfit.  Kate's need a few adjustments but the concept is very much heading in the right direction.  She looks like she ready to get up close and personally with animals (and maybe a little dirty).

I agree. This is one time where I think Kate's outfit is more appropriate - I grew up on a farm and I think Sophie's outfit is not practical and rather silly for that type of visit. I don't like Kate's jeggings (I don't think they're work appropriate) but overall I don't mind the outfit. I think her ponytail looks good too.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »

Also from a farming background and I agree; Kate's outfit is much better.  Sophie's boots, skirt, coat and bracelet are all impractical.  I get the QM's point, but at the same time she wasn't going to be shearing sheep or anything too close to the animals (and associated waste produce...).  Besides, I think it's much better to be practical like this than when she wore the super-expensive (McQueen?) to Birmingham after riots which I thought was out-of-touch.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: June 11, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »

Also from a farming background and I agree; Kate's outfit is much better.  Sophie's boots, skirt, coat and bracelet are all impractical.  I get the QM's point, but at the same time she wasn't going to be shearing sheep or anything too close to the animals (and associated waste produce...).  Besides, I think it's much better to be practical like this than when she wore the super-expensive (McQueen?) to Birmingham after riots which I thought was out-of-touch.

It's been a steep learning curve, (McQueen at Birmingham) but she's getting there.

Not from a farming background, but all my neighbors are farmers . . . she is dressed appropriately, more so than William is. While it is a new coat, it's not that expensive, compared to other clothing she has.

The Queen Mum made that comment while visiting newly bombed areas in London during WWII. If I recall correctly a boy asked her why she dressed up so much, with the dust and dirt and all. She then made the comment about how they would dress up if they were coming to see her, so she dresses up to come see them. She was a peacock among the rubble - but it was good for morale.  Thumb up
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 05:14:28 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: June 11, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »

Interesting to note that this “days work” didn’t start until 2:00pm or even a bit later.  Would it have killed them to have got up early and got there for 10.00 am and done the full day? 
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: June 11, 2019, 05:44:36 PM »

The Cambridges sheep shearing

William: https://twitter.com/chris...tatus/1138459055494782977

Kate: https://twitter.com/Lizzi...tatus/1138461530301898755

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: June 11, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »

Appropriate outfit but a bit boring. It would have been nice to have a bit of colour in the town, maybe her other Philosophy de Lorenzo jacket, and then into something wax jacket-y once she was on the farm

Anyway, it's good to see them do a good old fashioned royal visit. Plus, doggos!

Kate kills trees, pass it on
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2019, 06:35:30 PM »

Nice variation with the ponytail.
I really think she has changed the hairdresser- also her low buns were much more elaborated recently.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: June 11, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »

Appropriate outfit but a bit boring. It would have been nice to have a bit of colour in the town, maybe her other Philosophy de Lorenzo jacket, and then into something wax jacket-y once she was on the farm

Anyway, it's good to see them do a good old fashioned royal visit. Plus, doggos!

That would have been a good idea FC, and an easy switch to make.

It looks like the group of dogs may have been some sort of service dogs. Irregardless, I always like it when they stop to pet the doggies. Charles, and particularly Camilla does this too. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: June 11, 2019, 06:40:07 PM »

I adore the Springer, and they are all so nicely trimmed.. not like mine, who looks like a shaggy carpet ight now... Blink

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: