Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 252   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 491903 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #3345 on: March 31, 2020, 04:12:06 AM »

I agree - though I've read she had been wanting to and the government said no so who the hell knows.

I think WK's visit to the centre was just fine and a great morale booster. It's what people need to see - and now when we can't see them doing things using social media is best. I hope they'll post something more this week.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3346 on: March 31, 2020, 06:51:54 AM »

QE2 needs to take a play from someone else’s playbook and go nuclear. The Govt can’t just say no and so she just listens. She is the Queen for Gods sake. She needs to bring in a small camera crew and film a nice message to her subjects. It’s times like these when the whole world needs international leaders to say all will be ok. Unless, of course, London Bridge is down...
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3347 on: March 31, 2020, 06:59:09 AM »

So you want her to

a) behave in an unconstitutional manner by going against the wishes of the government

b) go against the government's advice to people in her age bracket and keep away from everyone else for 12 weeks.

She is setting the example - of following the government's instructions as a good citizen should do.

When the time is right ... and that decision is the government's not hers ... she will speak and say what the government tells her to say.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3348 on: March 31, 2020, 07:53:33 AM »

I’m not a British citizen so just genuinely curious - is this something (having the Queen give a statement) the people there expect and anticipate?  I know she received heavy criticism previously for not speaking, but it’s been many years since that happened, and I’m thinking times may have changed?  Or is the situation there so dire that people want to hear from her?  Outside of this board, I haven’t heard criticism of her on this point.  It seems more like they are just happy she’s somewhere safe, that she’s being looked after, and hope she’s taking every precaution - that sort of vibe. 
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3349 on: March 31, 2020, 08:42:29 AM »

^ I think more and more people are begining to question the relevance of the RF. Yes the Queen is old but she could still provide some leadership, she's not incapacitated, she soon sorry ng into action with "the summit" to sort out fily problems earlier this year.  The perception amongst some is that Wills and Kate are lazy is only reinforced by their apparent lack of action. Let's face it they're not having to struggle to work still or queue for hours to  find a pack of loo rolls so they've got plenty of time on their hands. Messages like how their children are enjoying playing in their extensive grounds are extremely insensitive given that many with children are cooped up in appartments with no access to outside play area.

In short we've had no  leadership from the RF at all, we just watched them scurry away to sit it out in luxury.

They’re hardly scurrying away. They are self-isolating which is what everyone except only people working in necessary functions should do.

Lemon drizzle , you have interesting thoughts. But ”playing onextensive grounds ” I don’t see as something bad.
I actually feel that both W and K pr has been really good because they have made them self as down to earth couple. I’m impressed actually .

I do think people would have been more upset if they used a private jet to a expensive resorts. But instead the went to the country house which makes them look even more down to earth.

@kate_180
Not bad as such just insensitive when do many are cooped up with children in houses with tiny/no gardens. We all know they live in luxury, people don't need to have it rammed down their throats. It would have been much better to come up with ways people could keep children amused/ occupied.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3350 on: March 31, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »

^ I think more and more people are begining to question the relevance of the RF. Yes the Queen is old but she could still provide some leadership, she's not incapacitated, she soon sorry ng into action with "the summit" to sort out fily problems earlier this year.  The perception amongst some is that Wills and Kate are lazy is only reinforced by their apparent lack of action. Let's face it they're not having to struggle to work still or queue for hours to  find a pack of loo rolls so they've got plenty of time on their hands. Messages like how their children are enjoying playing in their extensive grounds are extremely insensitive given that many with children are cooped up in appartments with no access to outside play area.

In short we've had no  leadership from the RF at all, we just watched them scurry away to sit it out in luxury.

They’re hardly scurrying away. They are self-isolating which is what everyone except only people working in necessary functions should do.

Lemon drizzle , you have interesting thoughts. But ”playing onextensive grounds ” I don’t see as something bad.
I actually feel that both W and K pr has been really good because they have made them self as down to earth couple. I’m impressed actually .

I do think people would have been more upset if they used a private jet to a expensive resorts. But instead the went to the country house which makes them look even more down to earth.

@kate_180
Not bad as such just insensitive when do many are cooped up with children in houses with tiny/no gardens. We all know they live in luxury, people don't need to have it rammed down their throats. It would have been much better to come up with ways people could keep children amused/ occupied.

Which they have been doing..
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3351 on: March 31, 2020, 11:45:02 AM »

I've obviously missed something. Pics of them on the phone and a visit to the helpline  hardly help harassed parents
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3352 on: March 31, 2020, 12:33:28 PM »

I’m not a British citizen so just genuinely curious - is this something (having the Queen give a statement) the people there expect and anticipate?  I know she received heavy criticism previously for not speaking, but it’s been many years since that happened, and I’m thinking times may have changed?  Or is the situation there so dire that people want to hear from her?  Outside of this board, I haven’t heard criticism of her on this point.  It seems more like they are just happy she’s somewhere safe, that she’s being looked after, and hope she’s taking every precaution - that sort of vibe. 

That is the vibe I am getting from my friends and family there - they want her safe and to be there when the nation has a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's later this year or next with her as the chief cheerleader for the NHS. They are happy with the PM and those actually making decisions being the ones talking at the moment.

When the government thinks it is necessary for the Queen to say something she will say something and the PM will write down what she has to say anyway.
Queen’s Tea

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3353 on: March 31, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »

That is the vibe I am getting from my friends and family there - they want her safe and to be there when the nation has a Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's later this year or next with her as the chief cheerleader for the NHS. They are happy with the PM and those actually making decisions being the ones talking at the moment.

When the government thinks it is necessary for the Queen to say something she will say something and the PM will write down what she has to say anyway.

Thanks - I keep thinking my heavens she’s soon-to-be 94 and in the population group at high risk.  Why expect anything from her right now.  But I’m not in that country and have no idea if the populace looks to her as the leader in times like this or if the government fills that role.  Bit of a combination, it sounds like. 
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3354 on: March 31, 2020, 04:22:50 PM »

I’m not a British citizen so just genuinely curious - is this something (having the Queen give a statement) the people there expect and anticipate?  I know she received heavy criticism previously for not speaking, but it’s been many years since that happened, and I’m thinking times may have changed?  Or is the situation there so dire that people want to hear from her?  Outside of this board, I haven’t heard criticism of her on this point.  It seems more like they are just happy she’s somewhere safe, that she’s being looked after, and hope she’s taking every precaution - that sort of vibe.  

Of course, I want her to be safe, I do not want anything to happen to her.  Yet, at the same time, she is our Head of State.  In the times of crisis, we (I) look to her for comfort, stability, reassurance and to unify the country.  She may be 93 but she is still the Queen.  

I do not put all of the blame on HM, as it's clear that the government has not been operating with a full basket.  By now, HM remains the only acting monarch who has not yet addressed the people.  I think that by now the government should have been able to put something on paper for her to relay to her people.  I think the fact that HM is not being utilized by the government to help calm things, is a disservice to the role of the monarchy.

Maria, I apologize, I realize that I have veered way off topic.  I will get back on topic.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3355 on: March 31, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »

@kate_180

My husband and I lived in a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse for 4 years. The last 5 months were with 3 kids. There was a small patio, but no yard, and certainly nowhere for little kids to run around. But I never once thought that people were bragging or being insensitive when they talked about their kids playing in the yard, because their lives don’t affect me.
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3356 on: March 31, 2020, 04:30:25 PM »

I wonder if the queen is not feeling as well as we may think. Shemay be the only 94 year old that people anywhere have any expectations of.
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #3357 on: March 31, 2020, 04:47:28 PM »

Very true , she most probably is.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #3358 on: March 31, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »

She may be. But for good reason, if so. She’s still the monarch. And if she’s too old or frail to do the job of the monarch in times like these when she might actually make a difference, then she should abdicate.

Daisy turns 80 in a couple of weeks. She did something.

Of course, Betty may not have been asked to by the government.

Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #3359 on: March 31, 2020, 07:56:29 PM »

She may be. But for good reason, if so. She’s still the monarch. And if she’s too old or frail to do the job of the monarch in times like these when she might actually make a difference, then she should abdicate.

Daisy turns 80 in a couple of weeks. She did something.

Of course, Betty may not have been asked to by the government.

I respect the BRF’s cultural distaste for abdication, however the next able bodied needs to be out doing more in enormous moments like this. I am not  a William & Kate hater, but the pictures of the home office are not going to be enough. I would like to see a little more out of them.

I’m mixed about Williams idea of going back to the air ambulance. It may be a noble urge of his, but it might just be too disruptive because of the security arrangements that need to accompany him.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 252   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: