Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 262   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 533614 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2019, 02:08:57 AM »

The more I see her lately, the more I think she must realllllllllly hate Big Blue. It canít possibly be close to what she might have picked for herself, which I think would be closer to a simple solitaire. What a burden to have to wear it everywhere.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2019, 02:23:36 AM »

The more I see her lately, the more I think she must realllllllllly hate Big Blue. It canít possibly be close to what she might have picked for herself, which I think would be closer to a simple solitaire. What a burden to have to wear it everywhere.

She could totally just wear her wedding band.  Some PR drivel could be put out about keeping Big Blue safe for the next generation (or something).  But then I'm a just a plain band and nothing else type of girl and would have put Big Blue in the safe the morning after the wedding.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2019, 02:25:21 AM »

I always thought Big Blue was a creepy gesture and also shows how cheap William is. She'd take anything he would give her, after all.

Kate would be better served by a ring that was just for her but I doubt William cared very much about what she would have wanted.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2019, 02:39:09 AM »

Don't forget how much she degraded herself to get him! She waited and put up with his jackass behavior for close to a decade so I doubt she cared what ring it was as long as she got one. Anything would have pleased her. It could have been a ring from a cracker jack box and she would have been thrilled  
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2019, 03:31:38 AM »

The more I see her lately, the more I think she must realllllllllly hate Big Blue. It can’t possibly be close to what she might have picked for herself, which I think would be closer to a simple solitaire. What a burden to have to wear it everywhere.

She could totally just wear her wedding band.  Some PR drivel could be put out about keeping Big Blue safe for the next generation (or something).  But then I'm a just a plain band and nothing else type of girl and would have put Big Blue in the safe the morning after the wedding.

She has an eternity band hidden under Big Blue along with her wedding ring. She could just wear both that and her wedding ring and she'd still have some sparkle.

I always thought Big Blue was more of a 'cocktail' ring and less an engagement type ring. Perhaps in the future she'll be able to set it aside, bringing it out for dressy occasions only.

I always thought it should have been made into a clasp for a nice string of pearls, and given to Charlotte when she is eighteen or so.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:12:50 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2019, 04:07:03 AM »

I nearly commented about the ring in my post about the outfit. Big Blue is not to my taste, and based on what we have seen of her own choices I doubt it is to Kate's taste.  But when she finally snagged a proposal out of William I do not think there was a snowball's chance in hell that she would have rejected the bauble when he proffered it from his backpack in Africa.  I think it was creepy and cheap of William to give it to her as an engagement ring, but it may be to him it was his greatest treasure and made perfect sense for his wife to have it as her engagement ring.  I think it would have been better given as a gift to wear as a dress ring with appropriately coloured gowns and outfits and then passed down to Charlotte at an appropriate age.

I definitely think it is an inappropriate ring to be wearing when shearing sheep or hiking or gardening or doing any other similar outdoorsy stuff.  in fact anything for which such a casual outfit is appropriate would seem to me to be an inappropriate occasion for wearing that rock on her finger.  Just wearing the wedding ring would be enough IMO.  
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: June 12, 2019, 05:05:15 AM »

I still think the jeggings are inappropriate, doesn't matter where they are, farm or no, she could have picked a decent pair of jeans. Jeggings are fine for not working. But working? It just seems really trashy to me.

Every time I see her in jeggings I wonder why she just doesn't wear tights because there is really no difference in perception. You're showing off your body in a way that you shouldn't in your position.

Wear the jeggings at home and among friends/family. The world outside home/friends doesn't need to see every muscle, every twitch of the muscle and the intimate curves of your body. A mid-rise straight leg pair of jeans with a little stretch in the fabric offer the same comfortable ease of movement.

There are times my SO has asked me to change my jeans because he thought they were too revealing for the event. 'Everybody doesn't need to know what I know about you. There needs to be some mystery.' He becomes a little more conservative when we are in business social mode with work colleagues versus casual social occasions with friends and certain close work colleagues. His point is that there is no reason to reveal private information to people that should have no reason to know it.

These photos are distributed world-wide. It makes me wonder what Willy thinks about everyone he meets knowing what his wife's body looks like because of some of these clothing choices. Does he like that? Does she like that? What's the point?
 Thinking

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2019, 05:18:55 AM »

She has an eternity band hidden under Big Blue along with her wedding ring. She could just wear both that and her wedding ring and she'd still have some sparkle.

I always thought Big Blue was more of a 'cocktail' ring and less an engagement type ring. Perhaps in the future she'll be able to set it aside, bringing it out for dressy occasions only.

I always thought it should have been made into a clasp for a nice string of pearls, and given to Charlotte when she is eighteen or so.

That ring could have been easily reset to have only the blue stone in a setting with subdued accent stones at the point where it attached to the ring. It would still be the recognizable blue stone but not the well-remembered setting of the MIL.

It has never fit K well at all. Always looking like it was too big and too heavy for her hand. So the suggestion of a clasp for a nice string of pearls is a good idea.

IMO Her husband is a dunce and cheap. He won't pay for the change in the setting. He is unable to recognize a good piece of jewelry for his wife. And won't seek or take the advice of jeweler about that. She is too common to object to the setting, he is too proud to expose his deficiencies in that subject and learn what every other aristo already knows.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: June 12, 2019, 05:36:18 AM »

That ring could have been easily reset to have only the blue stone in a setting with subdued accent stones at the point where it attached to the ring. It would still be the recognizable blue stone but not the well-remembered setting of the MIL.

It has never fit K well at all. Always looking like it was too big and too heavy for her hand. So the suggestion of a clasp for a nice string of pearls is a good idea.

IMO Her husband is a dunce and cheap. He won't pay for the change in the setting. He is unable to recognize a good piece of jewelry for his wife. And won't seek or take the advice of jeweler about that. She is too common to object to the setting, he is too proud to expose his deficiencies in that subject and learn what every other aristo already knows.

just think big blue could have been worn by Chookie now if billy the plumber didn't pick it up from Hazard 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: June 12, 2019, 05:48:10 AM »

i change only jeggings .... or maybe other color for jacket .
Kate Queen and Camila have their ''uniforms'' or say .....a style of clothing for events.... is almost a signature of them.

Kate reminds me Thinking style of Victoria (for events like this).

danifaul  Star Hug

G
Star  Hug  Cute

princessfeedme

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2019, 05:50:56 AM »

She's been looking pretty good lately, but boy this picture is just troubling.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2019, 05:54:37 AM »

Big blue looks like it would be a pain in the a$$ to wear. It doesnít look like Kateís style at all, but because itís so large, if she doesnít wear it, the press will make a huge deal about it. She probably only wears it in public. I can image it goes back in her jewelry box (or a safe?) as soon as she gets home.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2019, 06:00:29 AM »

ITA !!

G Hug

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2019, 06:10:17 AM »

I bet she usually wears a good copy and only wears the real thing for big occasions.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2019, 06:21:08 AM »

cred.whatkatewore.com/bookgeekroyalist.cambridgesu

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 262   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: