Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 258   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 517559 times)
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3705 on: May 16, 2020, 12:22:47 AM »

William & Kate sent a letter to the Police Federation of England and Wales

https://www.polfed.org/ne...f-cambridge-thank-police/

In a letter to the Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW), received earlier today, Prince William wrote: "I am writing to convey Catherine and my personal thanks for the truly remarkable work that the Police Forces of the United Kingdom are doing, day in day out, to keep us all safe and keep the country going during these extraordinarily difficult times.

"The willingness of emergency service personnel to work tirelessly to protect the interests of others is a source of tremendous pride for this country. Having spent the last few weeks speaking with members of the emergency responder community, I have heard first-hand about the challenges they are facing at the moment, but I have also been struck by their remarkable commitment and ‘can do’ attitude at a time like this."

The Duke referred to his own service with the East Anglian Air Ambulance, noting that "even in normal times, emergency responders encounter distressing events on an all too frequent basis".

He added: "Each day, they put not only their physical health but also their mental health at risk to help others. So in this challenging and unsettling period, it seems more important than ever for those on the frontline to know where they can turn to for information and support.

"I know you take the wellbeing of your staff extremely seriously and I have heard about the helpful services provided internally to your teams, such as occupational health support and employee assistance schemes - all of which will be of vital importance as you support your staff through the weeks and months ahead."

The Duke mentioned Our Frontline, which is a partnership involving The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Shout, Samaritans, Mind, Hospice UK. It brings together a package of support from those leading mental health charities working in partnership with Police Care UK to offers confidential support.

The Duke continued: "We hope this service will complement existing provision and make a real difference in supporting the mental wellbeing of those on the frontline. In the meantime, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and all your colleagues for your work, your determination and your courage. The country owes you all an enormous debt of gratitude."

Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3706 on: May 16, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »

I would think Will and Kate have a passing conversation about it in the car ride home, then pass it off to staff and never think about it much again. It’s not a hit against the Cambridge’s, I just don’t think that they can put that much attention on it. They aren’t a type of couple that get in the weeds. They just are shining the light on “mental health is good for everyone”. Anyway, this type of systemic change has to come from grass roots anyway. Marches, Media, Work with the police about hate crimes, advocacy groups talking to local government officials, etc.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3707 on: May 16, 2020, 02:08:05 PM »

I would think Will and Kate have a passing conversation about it in the car ride home, then pass it off to staff and never think about it much again. It’s not a hit against the Cambridge’s, I just don’t think that they can put that much attention on it. They aren’t a type of couple that get in the weeds. They just are shining the light on “mental health is good for everyone”. Anyway, this type of systemic change has to come from grass roots anyway. Marches, Media, Work with the police about hate crimes, advocacy groups talking to local government officials, etc.

I don't think their mindset is much away from their lives .... they show up as advised and presume they are are more engaged with a few causes and just then sign off as they leave
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #3708 on: May 16, 2020, 03:37:00 PM »

A lot of it is very politically sensitive. I think they are very well advised as to up to which point they can get involved.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #3709 on: May 16, 2020, 05:16:56 PM »

I think they follow very specific lines they have been given, they stick to what their advisors tell them and we have an overall good outcome because they seem to have realised their position and their duties. Apart from this, I'm not sure they have brought anything new to the table, while Camila, for example, make a great and meaningful speech about women and domestic violence. I don't think we have seen something similar from W&K, although they have some really important moments like Will's honest and sweet answer about his kid being gay.

periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3710 on: May 16, 2020, 06:02:35 PM »

I think William and Kate are proving that they are more than willing to listen and do the work to change themselves and have that change be reflected in their work for others. I think the conversation this person had with William is probably not unlike most conversations with straight people oh yes isn't it good LBGT people are doing well and then getting corrected. Good on the guy to say it to William and good on William to hear him out. I think they want to make a difference for everyone that is something that William got from both his parents and it is clear that he is ready to take on that mantle.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3711 on: May 18, 2020, 07:16:41 PM »

W&K participating in a Mental Health Week broadcast

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Nightowl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3712 on: May 19, 2020, 07:11:33 AM »

I’m glad people are optimistic about HM’s likely lifespan - but her voice is terribly tired and I do fear that recent family stresses are shortening her life.

I so very much agree with you. All this drama from other members that are close family even can be extremely stressful on the heart and soul.  I really hope that there is someone in Windsor watching over her and helping to relieve the stress. This latest with Prince Andrew is just horrific and so demeaning to all the hard work that HM as done over decades.  Believe me I know what stress can do and it is not pretty. 
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3713 on: May 19, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »

She’s lived through so much, this too shall pass
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3714 on: May 20, 2020, 04:26:06 AM »

Exactly. Wars, Abdications, Blitz, 4 pregnancies, Philips Tantrum du Jour, Churchill, Lechelles, prominent Marriage Meltdowns, deaths, ...whatever is going on now she just rolls her eyes and orders a cuppa...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3715 on: May 20, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »

Exactly. Wars, Abdications, Blitz, 4 pregnancies, Philips Tantrum du Jour, Churchill, Lechelles, prominent Marriage Meltdowns, deaths, ...whatever is going on now she just rolls her eyes and orders a cuppa... G&T 

slight modification  Star  Hug

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #3716 on: May 20, 2020, 08:14:12 AM »

Exactly. Wars, Abdications, Blitz, 4 pregnancies, Philips Tantrum du Jour, Churchill, Lechelles, prominent Marriage Meltdowns, deaths, ...whatever is going on now she just rolls her eyes and orders a cuppa... G&T 

G Smiley

With a vodka chaser.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #3717 on: May 20, 2020, 08:19:20 AM »

G Smiley

With a vodka chaser.

Yup.  Beer Champagne

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3718 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »

Exactly. Wars, Abdications, Blitz, 4 pregnancies, Philips Tantrum du Jour, Churchill, Lechelles, prominent Marriage Meltdowns, deaths, ...whatever is going on now she just rolls her eyes and orders a cuppa...

The only thing in all that time that threw her was the fire at Windsor Castle. She probably felt she hadn't protected the Royal assets and legacy adequately.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3719 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:11 AM »

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The D&D of Cambridge, this morning held a video conference call with representatives from Lifelines Scotland and emergency responders across Scotland.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon talked to staff and residents from Shire Hall Care Home, Cardiff, via video link.

- Court Circular || 20 May 2020
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 258   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: