Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 254   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 506615 times)
Chandrasekhi

Big Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3750 on: May 31, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »

I happen to think the bit about Kate being exhausted from the extra workload is probably true.

I doubt it. She has certainly shown very few signs of being exhausted.

I understand their anger and I think Tatler is walking a thin line here. Their defence is ridiculous. Knowing there was an article on the way is hardly the same as knowing the content and no way in hell would either William or Kate corporate to that kind of content.

In which world would Kate throw her family under the bus in such a snobbish way?
In which world would William want such writings about his mother?

I donít know if itís wise suing but I understand the anger and I donít blame them for telling Tatler off when theyíre clearly suggesting they worked with them. 

If no for other reason, a response from KP was merited for THIS.

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
Paulina

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: May 31, 2020, 04:25:29 PM »

Perhaps they should root out the ďfriendsĒ (if true, which I doubt) who spoke to Tattler, first.

I think DM is making it up or stirring the pot. I donít think they will truly due over this. They have good advisors who they seem to listen to.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: May 31, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »

A lot of the stuff about Ma M is just a rehash from the last time Tatler wrote about her.
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #3753 on: May 31, 2020, 04:31:30 PM »

The problem is once you start dyeing for every article you donít like you can never stop.  Publications will start printing all sorts to determine just how far they can take articles before they get a response.  You never truly win. 

Most people took this article as complete nonsense...granted I could see where they got some of their angles from and most is just rehashing old stuff.  While I can understand the desire for a retraction and apology given that the article was poorly received is it truly necessary?

While William and Kate have enjoyed glowing press over the past several years it was only a matter of time before publications starting back on the nonsense articles...this response to the first major negative article after several years of glowing press is extremely unnecessary. 

My opinion is that they should have taken a page out of Dad Charles book and maintained a dignified silence.  Keep doing what they do and ignore the gossip.  The magazines are in a desperate situation now, so attention grabbing headlines will be the norm.
Nappyolean

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: May 31, 2020, 04:32:14 PM »

The thing that is good about suing (not just for the Cambridges but any famous person) is that it does cost the publication money in lawsuits. If you constantly write rubbish, and you are constantly putting profits into a lawyers pockets to defend the rubbish, you may think twice before publishing the rubbish?
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3755 on: May 31, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »

I really doubt they are going to sue over the Tatler article. They've registered their displeasure and called them on their nonsense. The DM is known to be both right and wrong on many things. Let's face it, there is a dearth of royal news these days - Bea and Edo's wedding postponed, no visits, engagements, etc.

The DM has also been stirring things up vis a vis Charlotte going back to school while George stays home. To me that's a deeply personal family issue and royal or not, if I had kids, they wouldn't be heading back to school at this time.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: June 01, 2020, 12:05:04 AM »

I doubt they sue. I read they sent a letter and then suddenly the DM is calling it suing. Time will tell but I hope they donít actually sue. Condemn it, especially since Tatler fired off that bs response, but donít sue over this one. Just my 2 cents.

Iíd say the are sending a warning to Sunshine Sachs rather than Tatler.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3757 on: June 01, 2020, 01:09:13 AM »

I sincerely doubt William and Catherine are suing or are planning to sue Tatler.

William and Catherine sue when the situation warrants it. Topless photos taken with a long lens when privacy is expected, yes; trash article from a rubbish outlet, no. Suing Tatler just isnít in line with William and Catherineís past actions.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3758 on: June 01, 2020, 02:57:57 AM »

I doubt they sue. I read they sent a letter and then suddenly the DM is calling it suing. Time will tell but I hope they donít actually sue. Condemn it, especially since Tatler fired off that bs response, but donít sue over this one. Just my 2 cents.

Iíd say the are sending a warning to Sunshine Sachs rather than Tatler.

Beer
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: June 01, 2020, 10:35:40 PM »

I really doubt they are going to sue over the Tatler article. They've registered their displeasure and called them on their nonsense. The DM is known to be both right and wrong on many things. Let's face it, there is a dearth of royal news these days - Bea and Edo's wedding postponed, no visits, engagements, etc.

The DM has also been stirring things up vis a vis Charlotte going back to school while George stays home. To me that's a deeply personal family issue and royal or not, if I had kids, they wouldn't be heading back to school at this time.

Why would Charlotte go back to school and not George?  If they are doing it to "protect" George from COVID, then don't send Charlotte to school who could get exposed and bring it back to George.  When did the DM write this?
I also would advise William and Kate not to sue;  simply walk away, nothing to see here.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3760 on: June 01, 2020, 10:37:58 PM »

Why would Charlotte go back to school and not George?  If they are doing it to "protect" George from COVID, then don't send Charlotte to school who could get exposed and bring it back to George.  When did the DM write this?
I also would advise William and Kate not to sue;  simply walk away, nothing to see here.

I think that George is done but Charlotte still has a month left? I read that somewhere last week.

Edited to add this link. Reception, Year One, and Year Six to return. Charlotte is reception. George Year Two.

https://www.express.co.uk...-back-to-school-reopening
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: June 01, 2020, 10:53:19 PM »

Is Thomasís even reopening?

Honestly I wouldnít blame them for staying in Norfolk.  If the return to London theyíll get slammed for that.  Only Charlotte going back could cause unnecessary fights between the kids.  And of course god forbid if COVID got into the school and Charlotte brought it home theyíd be slammed for taking the risk. 

As much as I donít like various aspects of the Cambridges thereís no sense in returning to London (and normal school) before fall.  I know people want them to set an example but this is a situation where they probably canít win so might as well stick with whatís been working for them.

This is all of course without knowing whether or not Thomasís is even opening. 
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3762 on: June 01, 2020, 11:03:32 PM »

I share your doubts on St. Thomas's even reopening OC. All the pupils are well able to remotely learn from home. Some parents, at least, may be doing the same thing as the Cambridge clan, ie off at country homes for the duration. I cannot see a reason they would reopen. I would think most schools of the same ilk as St. Thomas' are doing the same.

Just pot stirring on the media's part.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3763 on: June 01, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »

Is Thomasís even reopening?

Honestly I wouldnít blame them for staying in Norfolk.  If the return to London theyíll get slammed for that.  Only Charlotte going back could cause unnecessary fights between the kids.  And of course god forbid if COVID got into the school and Charlotte brought it home theyíd be slammed for taking the risk. 

As much as I donít like various aspects of the Cambridges thereís no sense in returning to London (and normal school) before fall.  I know people want them to set an example but this is a situation where they probably canít win so might as well stick with whatís been working for them.

This is all of course without knowing whether or not Thomasís is even opening. 

Sadly, the decision to send eligible children to school is a bit of a political issue.  To not send Charlotte could be seen as against government advice/wishes.  Deeply unfair, and many parents are having to make difficult and uncomfortable decisions.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: June 02, 2020, 09:14:12 PM »

https://www.townandcountr...er-australia-thank-video/

Will and Kate thank Australian first responders.

Iím also reading that Kate, Sophie, and Camilla have been making calls to the elderly and others affected by the covid lockdown.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 254   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: