Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 276   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 577178 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3990 on: August 10, 2020, 02:23:21 AM »

If she still has thick hair like now, I don’t see why she shouldn’t

Older women normally don’t look good with long hair. When it greys it tends to get coarser.  My hair is very thick and grey, but longer it looks witchy.

(Apologies for replying OT, but) Old women can look great with witchy, coarse, grey long hair! Lemme find an example ...  Champagne

Here's Australian author Dorothy Hewett:

https://images.gr-assets....s/1286411870p5/224694.jpg

She isn’t only old - she’s dead!  I’m one of those who grayed early, and I just decided to hell with the color around 6 months ago.  I have much thicker hair than she did - and I would look ridiculous if I grew it that long. I am in the very latter stages of growing out the color and plan to do some interesting asymmetrical cuts that I was always too scared to do before. Jamie Lee Curtis is a personal inspiration.

Anyway - I bet Kate will color her hair for a while longer.

You go girl, more power to you!!!  Hug 

Thank you  Hug

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3991 on: August 10, 2020, 10:39:02 AM »

There are women with grey/black/blonde hair that look fab with long manes and those that can rock a bold and cheeky pixie. And then there are those that really actually look a lot better with a very boring traditional hair cut.
IMO it has nothing to do with the hair colour, but everything with texture, amount of hair and your personal appearance. Not age!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3992 on: August 12, 2020, 04:00:15 PM »

There are women with grey/black/blonde hair that look fab with long manes and those that can rock a bold and cheeky pixie. And then there are those that really actually look a lot better with a very boring traditional hair cut.
IMO it has nothing to do with the hair colour, but everything with texture, amount of hair and your personal appearance. Not age!

Still, some Dutch men were complaining that many Dutch women went for a short coupe after  their 30th birthday, or in some times even before. Wink Smiley
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3993 on: August 12, 2020, 06:26:52 PM »

Still, some Dutch men were complaining that many Dutch women went for a short coupe after  their 30th birthday, or in some times even before. Wink Smiley

I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten from men about my long hair, they really seem to like it. I had one boyfriend who didn't like when I even got a trim. Blush Fairy, thank you for your wise words. I feel like there's almost a tone of age-shaming which unfortunately I come across more frequently the older I get. Water off a duck's back, but age discrimination is real and getting more and more prevalent in society IMHO.

But back on topic, I think Kate's comfortable with her hair as it is obviously and I think it will continue to suit her as she ages. She seems to find her comfort zone and stay there so I can imagine her keeping her hair on the longer side as she ages, I think it will look very nice!
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3994 on: August 12, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »

I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten from men about my long hair, they really seem to like it. I had one boyfriend who didn't like when I even got a trim. Blush Fairy, thank you for your wise words. I feel like there's almost a tone of age-shaming which unfortunately I come across more frequently the older I get. Water off a duck's back, but age discrimination is real and getting more and more prevalent in society IMHO.

But back on topic, I think Kate's comfortable with her hair as it is obviously and I think it will continue to suit her as she ages. She seems to find her comfort zone and stay there so I can imagine her keeping her hair on the longer side as she ages, I think it will look very nice!

I could see Kate going a bit shorter later on, in much the same style as Carole wears her presently.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #3995 on: August 13, 2020, 10:45:46 PM »

We are right now living in a "global society" that "celebrates youth" (old song of the eighties Halo)
Long shiny masses of hair have for ages been associated with youth, as lack of good nutrition usually affected a mature woman's overall health: skin, hair and body.
A woman without wrinkles, with a perfectly trimmed and toned body and lushious hair equals both youth and health and therefore beauty.
We all fall prey to age shaming a bit: any woman who doesn't dress fresh and modern is accused of dressing like an old maid. Or we snigger, that "with her resources, I wonder why she looks so old - I am xx older and I look so much younger.." "so and so looks like her husband's mother"...
Sorry, getting off the soap box now.. but that is really a huge petpeeve of mine....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3996 on: August 13, 2020, 11:02:23 PM »

We are right now living in a "global society" that "celebrates youth" (old song of the eighties Halo)
Long shiny masses of hair have for ages been associated with youth, as lack of good nutrition usually affected a mature woman's overall health: skin, hair and body.
A woman without wrinkles, with a perfectly trimmed and toned body and lushious hair equals both youth and health and therefore beauty.
We all fall prey to age shaming a bit: any woman who doesn't dress fresh and modern is accused of dressing like an old maid. Or we snigger, that "with her resources, I wonder why she looks so old - I am xx older and I look so much younger.." "so and so looks like her husband's mother"...
Sorry, getting off the soap box now.. but that is really a huge petpeeve of mine....

Yep. I’m someone who has been both mistaken for my children’s grandmother and as being a decade younger than I am.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3997 on: August 15, 2020, 07:27:05 PM »

https://twitter.com/kater.../1294619526810742785?s=21

Cambridge’s spotted doing pottery with the kiddos at this cute place.

https://twitter.com/acupo.../1294688329980665856?s=21

Louis in doorway.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 07:35:51 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3998 on: August 15, 2020, 07:39:56 PM »

Like her or not, Kate is an awesome mom. Those kids are growing up with lots of love and care.

Doing this type of activities is really precious. She spends quality time with her kids, and plans lots of fun and adorable activities.

And with the extra that this support little businesses,deply affected by the pandemic Thumb up

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #3999 on: August 16, 2020, 01:23:41 AM »

Like her or not, Kate is an awesome mom. Those kids are growing up with lots of love and care.

Doing this type of activities is really precious. She spends quality time with her kids, and plans lots of fun and adorable activities.

And with the extra that this support little businesses,deply affected by the pandemic Thumb up
She seems a good hands-on mum.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4000 on: August 16, 2020, 02:29:36 AM »

I think Kate's natural parenting style compliments William's very well. William has often spoken of his desire for his children to have as normal a childhood as possible, perhaps influenced by his own childhood experiences, and I think Kate either understands this or agrees, so we get George, Charlotte and Louis going to various things and seemingly experiencing things that every other child does too.

For a long time we on this board dished on Wills and Kate, but I think parenting is the one area they've always got right, and I think this has given them (especially Kate) the confidence to get involved with charitable causes related to children and early development. I hope that the three youngsters are able to break this apparent curse of having troubled upbringings and adult lives due to their position and future roles. And any opportunity to see the cutie that is Louis is always a bonus!!!
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4001 on: August 16, 2020, 04:50:23 PM »

I agree that William and Kate are perfectly aligned when it comes to childrearing. Kate's middle class background and strong family background is very helpful here. I think William is more active as a parent than I may have thought he would be there is something about him that is very aware of his role and position in life that gives him a distance it is also just a part of his personality. All to say I could see him reading the paper and waiting for others to go find out what is happening with a crying child. He's very old school British in that regard add to it he doesn't wear a wedding ring. It's just funny. But I do wish they would not say their children are normal without qualifying that. Of course developmentally we hope they are normal but they are in extraordinary circumstances with fewer worries than most when it comes to survival. I think they are very lucky kids and not just because they are rich and famous but because they have a strong support network all around them who seem to balance their upbringing with discipline and love.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4002 on: August 16, 2020, 05:13:08 PM »

I hope the three kids have solid friends, like William has. I never read anything about Kate’s longtime friends.

In that bubble, those kids will need friends. I hope they have a little pod of buddies they see regularly during this time.

lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4003 on: August 16, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »

I hope the three kids have solid friends, like William has. I never read anything about Kate’s longtime friends.

In that bubble, those kids will need friends. I hope they have a little pod of buddies they see regularly during this time.

Kate's friends and William's friends are the same. Kate went to St.Andrews with a bunch of girls. Her circle and William's combined before Kate and William ever went out. They were friends before they ever dated.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #4004 on: August 16, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »

Kate also has friends from school.
https://www.the-sun.com/l...king-up-her-inner-circle/
Emilia Jardine-Paterson, one of George's godparents.
Hannah Carter, one of Louis' godparents.
Trini Foyle

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 276   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: