Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 572799 times)
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4080 on: August 20, 2020, 09:23:24 PM »

William even had "Big Willy" (or big Will) on his own mug when the media were allowed to photograph him at work at RAF Valley.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #4081 on: August 20, 2020, 09:56:15 PM »

I don't think I have ever heard a British person call their partner 'baby' or 'honey' 

Trust me it happens (I personally hate 'baby' or 'babe'- reminds me of the film Babe with the pig!). I think both affection names have been adopted from popular culture in the States. "Hon" (short for honey), "love" or even "Darling" (mainly used by posher people IMO" are more common, and "Dear" is usually used by people of the older generations. "Babykins" is unusual and my God so cringey!!

Yep I'm with SvenskaSarah, though I must admit the words do look weird when written down! It's better spoken. Am not keen on them myself. My sister might call me "hon" (pronounced hun) so it's not a male-female thing. "Love" is very common and is fine, "darling" is fine as well. The only one that is off, as said, is "babykins". Yuk!
Babykins has always been what William calls Kate. He was heard saying "All right, Babykins?" when he was closing the car door for her as they left the hospital with George.
Supposedly she calls him "Big Willy"
Btw willy is a british term for male genitals.
Cute!   Champagne for your 100, lynaH - onwards and upwards!

Do or do not. There is no try.

Yoda
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4082 on: August 20, 2020, 10:38:04 PM »

William even had "Big Willy" (or big Will) on his own mug when the media were allowed to photograph him at work at RAF Valley.

Wonder if it was a gift . . . 

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4083 on: August 20, 2020, 10:57:54 PM »

I don't think I have ever heard a British person call their partner 'baby' or 'honey' 

Trust me it happens (I personally hate 'baby' or 'babe'- reminds me of the film Babe with the pig!). I think both affection names have been adopted from popular culture in the States. "Hon" (short for honey), "love" or even "Darling" (mainly used by posher people IMO" are more common, and "Dear" is usually used by people of the older generations. "Babykins" is unusual and my God so cringey!!

Yep I'm with SvenskaSarah, though I must admit the words do look weird when written down! It's better spoken. Am not keen on them myself. My sister might call me "hon" (pronounced hun) so it's not a male-female thing. "Love" is very common and is fine, "darling" is fine as well. The only one that is off, as said, is "babykins". Yuk!
Babykins has always been what William calls Kate. He was heard saying "All right, Babykins?" when he was closing the car door for her as they left the hospital with George.

Congrats on your first 100 posts lynaH!  Champagne Star
Thanks
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4084 on: August 20, 2020, 10:58:45 PM »

Cute!   Champagne for your 100, lynaH - onwards and upwards!
Thanks
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4085 on: August 20, 2020, 11:15:22 PM »

He sounds rather sweet actually. And funnily enough quite a bit like Adrian Mole Laugh bounce

I could see him cheat during times of pressure but I could also see Kate being quite.. practical about it. Shes obviously very private. And values her family highly. I think she would have read him the riot act and he listened to her. I think she provides a stability he knows he needs. They may currently be quite workshy but building a solid family and securing a peaceful and stable childhood for their children is also work and their real work will likely take off when other people start retiring so in the end, I think its up to them how successful they will be.
Mariola

Micro Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #4086 on: August 21, 2020, 07:18:51 PM »

Thanks. I have seen it on Twitter and Instagram posts (and I was confused by 'hun' because somebody told me this is what old English people call Germans but maybe that was a joke). I did not think I had heard it on tv etc. but my friend reminds me that people say it in TOWIE. 
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4087 on: August 21, 2020, 08:21:39 PM »

We've said that Harry got the worst of his mother's inclinations well maybe William got the best. Part of her charm was a certain humor and cheekiness it wasn't just empathy for life's most vulnerable. I remember seeing that long lens picture of William peeing near a fence on a long run or during a rugby game I can't remember. I mean it's not small so maybe they joke about that. If so that means William can be the brunt of a joke and that is a very good sign for him for the marriage and for his future he will be the goodhearted punchline more and more. Not vicious mostly just part of the job.
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4088 on: August 22, 2020, 12:19:06 AM »

We've said that Harry got the worst of his mother's inclinations well maybe William got the best. Part of her charm was a certain humor and cheekiness it wasn't just empathy for life's most vulnerable. I remember seeing that long lens picture of William peeing near a fence on a long run or during a rugby game I can't remember. I mean it's not small so maybe they joke about that. If so that means William can be the brunt of a joke and that is a very good sign for him for the marriage and for his future he will be the goodhearted punchline more and more. Not vicious mostly just part of the job.
A man being willing for everyone to know that he's large down there does not in any way signify a willingness to be the brunt of jokes.
Don't get me wrong, William's part in the BBC's Big Night In showed that he was willing to be the brunt of loads of jokes on national television.
However calling a man "Big Willy" is a rather more explicit version of calling a woman "'Beautiful". It's a very flattering nickname. After all, just about all men want to be as large as possible I believe.
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4089 on: August 22, 2020, 12:58:52 AM »

A man being willing for everyone to know that he's large down there does not in any way signify a willingness to be the brunt of jokes.
Don't get me wrong, William's part in the BBC's Big Night In showed that he was willing to be the brunt of loads of jokes on national television.
However calling a man "Big Willy" is a rather more explicit version of calling a woman "'Beautiful". It's a very flattering nickname. After all, just about all men want to be as large as possible I believe.

Indeed a good hearted joke for sure not one to make fun of him I worded that badly because I was also thinking that by virtue of his position he is the focus of jokes and that will continue and increase as he gets closer to the throne. Just look at what Charles has endured lol.
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4090 on: August 22, 2020, 01:36:29 AM »

Indeed a good hearted joke for sure not one to make fun of him I worded that badly because I was also thinking that by virtue of his position he is the focus of jokes and that will continue and increase as he gets closer to the throne. Just look at what Charles has endured lol.
Charles though is easy to mock. He was never very attractive, though he's gotten better looking as he's aged. He was into things that were very fringe, though they've become mainstream. He was very self pitying, which is practically begging to be mocked.
William is a very bland, handsome man who supports exactly what causes are the most conventional. He's rather like the Queen in the sense that no one knows what he thinks about anything so everyone can project their own feelings on to him. I think that he'll be as much the focus of jokes as his grandmother was: not at all.

https://www.theguardian.c...for-everything-we-believe

This article says it all, I think.
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4091 on: August 22, 2020, 01:38:22 AM »

Yeah, I personally hate baby myself.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4092 on: August 22, 2020, 03:43:45 AM »

Thanks for the article lynaH good read on him.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4093 on: August 22, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »

LOL, completely agree. It is a bit of humble-bragging to pretend not to be flattered by being called a handsome stud. A joke would be to call him Curly or Princess, or anything that mocks him personally.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4094 on: August 28, 2020, 01:15:23 AM »

Two articles on the Kensington Apartment:

https://www.dailymail.co....e-apartment-enormous.html

https://www.cosmopolitan....gym-staff-rooms-elevator/

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: