Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 290   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 626826 times)
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4260 on: October 24, 2020, 03:12:44 PM »

I was wondering if Will went home and asked the cook (I cannot remember her name right now) to fix fried chicken for supper!

Yes, I know it's not at all healthy but once or twice a year I fix real fried chicken.

Her name is Antonella Fresolone and she is from Italy.

Thank you! I remembered that she was from Italy and makes homemade pasta for them.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4261 on: October 24, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »

I love the idea that as thin as Kate is she enjoys a bit of pasta. I mean if you have an Italian cook they probably have nice typical dishes mixed in with English fare and the usual hybrid stuff we all seem to be eating these days.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4262 on: October 24, 2020, 11:37:26 PM »

Americans have a love-hate relationship with carbs and completely ignore the fact that europeans with their staple foods of bread (every time I consider low carb I change my mind in a german bakery!) and pastas and potatoes, have less problems with obesity than americans.
I adore italian food. The vegetables are devine, olive oil, antipastas: just gorgeous.
I bet that the italian chef has recipes galore that not only fill you up nicely, but also have a plethora of fantastic veggies and tastes..

Disclaimer: this is in no way meant as a diss against fellow americans, just as an observation...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4263 on: October 24, 2020, 11:53:19 PM »

they are likely a lot more aware of proper portion size and exercise.  Something that is sorely lacking in this country (US). 
Bunnyette

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4264 on: October 25, 2020, 02:29:21 AM »

they are likely a lot more aware of proper portion size and exercise.  Something that is sorely lacking in this country (US). 

Exactly, I noticed when traveling in Italy, the restaurant meals were fantastic but the serving was for normal people not giants!
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4265 on: October 25, 2020, 02:59:50 PM »

I've read stories of homeowners of older homes (Pre WWII) who complain about how narrow their kitchen cupboard shelves are and that the plates won't fit. The shelves didn't shrink in width, our plates became larger along with our waistlines. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4266 on: October 25, 2020, 11:02:26 PM »

Americans have a love-hate relationship with carbs and completely ignore the fact that europeans with their staple foods of bread (every time I consider low carb I change my mind in a german bakery!) and pastas and potatoes, have less problems with obesity than americans.
I adore italian food. The vegetables are devine, olive oil, antipastas: just gorgeous.
I bet that the italian chef has recipes galore that not only fill you up nicely, but also have a plethora of fantastic veggies and tastes..

Disclaimer: this is in no way meant as a diss against fellow americans, just as an observation...

I have to eat GF, but I definitely love carbs. I also work my ass off on the elliptical.  Sadly not many of my fellow countrymen do.

I laugh when people tell me about fat Italians. My Italian relatives are mostly normal weight, and eat lots of fruit and vegetables along with reasonably sized portions of pasta. They also have salad last, and seldom eat a heavy dessert. Last time I was in Italy, I marveled at the older women in heels with normal sized ankles. This might seem like a strange observation, but when you look at many older Americans, ankles and calves are swollen and mobility is compromised. I have to think it’s lack of activity and the ensuing diseases that makes them this way. It’s very sad and pretty much of an epidemic here.

Anyway, I hope the Cambridges enjoy lots of good Italian meals and the occasional fried chicken treat.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4267 on: October 26, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co....-exercise-discretion.html

Talking about housekeepers...seems like Antonella is getting an assistant.  I'm actually really happy about this as I've always felt that they understaff of what is needed to keep their homes running and "allow" them to be FT royals.  IIRC this will bring them up to 6 domestic staff (2 housekeepers at each property, a gardener at Anmer, and Nanny Maria).  I would like to see them add possibly 3 more...another nanny so they can operate a Rota system which would allow for more travel (especially last minute) without requiring Mike and Carole's involvement*, possibly a valet for William, and possibly a dresser for Kate.  Depending on who does their garden at KP this would bring them to 9 domestic staff (10 with a KP gardener)...a perfectly reasonable number given their position.

*Not that they're not welcome but William and Kate's childcare shouldn't be overly reliant on their support...especially as William and Kate take on more duties...and as Pippa/James and James/Alizée grow their families possibly needing Mike and Carole's support...and as Mike (currently 71) and Carole (currently 65) age.
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4268 on: October 26, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal

https://twitter.com/poppy.../1320749553902063616?s=21
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4269 on: October 26, 2020, 05:13:32 PM »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their family have shown their support for our #PoppyAppeal this year by baking these delicious poppy cakes which were delivered to our care home in Norfolk. @KensingtonRoyal

That’s so cute.  Just to note that the kids started their term break last Friday so they probably did this from Anmer Hall. 
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4270 on: October 26, 2020, 05:41:26 PM »

A very lovely gesture to honor the veterans.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4271 on: October 26, 2020, 06:22:58 PM »

Very true, but not only that. I have neighbours (pre-corona) that would have driven into the supermarket across the street if they could have to buy groceries. It's daily exercise as well, and I don't talk about the gym.

genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4272 on: October 27, 2020, 01:29:00 AM »

Sooooo sweet!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4273 on: October 27, 2020, 03:55:59 PM »

Very true, but not only that. I have neighbours (pre-corona) that would have driven into the supermarket across the street if they could have to buy groceries. It's daily exercise as well, and I don't talk about the gym.
My sister in law, who is about 5x my size and lectures endlessly about environment, green food and such would take her car to get to her mailbox at the end of her driveway.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4274 on: October 27, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »

My sister in law, who is about 5x my size and lectures endlessly about environment, green food and such would take her car to get to her mailbox at the end of her driveway.
I also think it has to do with if you live in an area where you walk everywhere. I noticed that people in Edinburgh and Glasgow are thinner than those who live in Inverness. If you mainly use your feet as transport, you'll naturally be thinner. I didn't notice a big diff between British serving sizes and American. I've never been to Italy (want to!) so can't speak about that.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 290   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: