Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 304   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 690831 times)
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4335 on: November 24, 2020, 08:57:02 PM »

LarLa, I think you're thinking of the Cavalier King Charles spaniel, of which 85% have heart problems, ranging from just a murmur to CHF. 

Poor Lupo, but he had a wonderful life. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4336 on: November 25, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »

My Brittany (which is not entirely Spaniel) had a heart problem too. We were extremely happy that is was very manageable. She started medication at age 7, took it regularly until her death at almost 15. So very lucky indeed. And still we were devasted to lose her.
It is never easy and the knowledge that darling had had a wonderful life - or was spared more pain and uncomfort will only relieve you after a rather harsh time of mourning.
Each story of such a loss usually sends me to shower the Springer Fairy with sloppy kisses (which he actually hates, but endures) and send thanks to heaven that it isn't our time yet...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4337 on: November 27, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »

My Gran's dog who had been a sweet companion to my brother and me began to be a snippy, anxious dog who would rather tuck up into a corner of the room than be the sociable dog she had always been. (Yes, she was a spaniel.) Then she began to limp, ate less, and couldn't walk a straight line. My brother & I noticed it first and Gran said no, we walked a lot today. A few months later the dog was dead in her bed when my brother went to take her for her morning walk. It was the first time that we had to deal with the ordinary issue of all living things die.We mourned her. Our parents let us do that. She was carefully buried with a few treats to keep her happy on her journey to a new place (or so we thought). It is how we learn that living things are finite and that we can go on and live our lives. We don't forget those people and pets that made out lives sweet and precious by their presence and companionship. It was a good lesson to learn about the idea that life is short early on in life. I am grateful that it was this special animal that taught me so.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4338 on: November 27, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »

My Gran's dog who had been a sweet companion to my brother and me began to be a snippy, anxious dog who would rather tuck up into a corner of the room than be the sociable dog she had always been. (Yes, she was a spaniel.) Then she began to limp, ate less, and couldn't walk a straight line. My brother & I noticed it first and Gran said no, we walked a lot today. A few months later the dog was dead in her bed when my brother went to take her for her morning walk. It was the first time that we had to deal with the ordinary issue of all living things die.We mourned her. Our parents let us do that. She was carefully buried with a few treats to keep her happy on her journey to a new place (or so we thought). It is how we learn that living things are finite and that we can go on and live our lives. We don't forget those people and pets that made out lives sweet and precious by their presence and companionship. It was a good lesson to learn about the idea that life is short early on in life. I am grateful that it was this special animal that taught me so.
That's a very thoughtful post. I agree that it is a good lesson for children to learn, but of course we let our pet animals into our hearts and our lives so parting is very sad indeed. It seems that both the Windsor and Middleton clans are dog crazy so I am sure at the right time there will be (many) more dogs.... On a personal level I wish some of them would have cats - I think its only Princess Michael at the moment!
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4339 on: November 27, 2020, 02:43:01 PM »

My Brittany (which is not entirely Spaniel) had a heart problem too. We were extremely happy that is was very manageable. She started medication at age 7, took it regularly until her death at almost 15. So very lucky indeed. And still we were devasted to lose her.
It is never easy and the knowledge that darling had had a wonderful life - or was spared more pain and uncomfort will only relieve you after a rather harsh time of mourning.
Each story of such a loss usually sends me to shower the Springer Fairy with sloppy kisses (which he actually hates, but endures) and send thanks to heaven that it isn't our time yet...

Stories of loss send me to my cat and dog for hugs and they also are not fond of being held so tightly (but put up with it for a short period lol). Thank you for sharing the story of your dog's heart issues. I've been struggling with my dog's newly diagnosed issue (slight enlarged heart) and that helped. Losing them is the worst part of having a pet. Been through it many times and it always hurts tremendously.
lynaH

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4340 on: November 27, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »

That's a very thoughtful post. I agree that it is a good lesson for children to learn, but of course we let our pet animals into our hearts and our lives so parting is very sad indeed. It seems that both the Windsor and Middleton clans are dog crazy so I am sure at the right time there will be (many) more dogs.... On a personal level I wish some of them would have cats - I think its only Princess Michael at the moment!
Cats are banned on the Sandringham estate. They kill the grouse. You're not allowed to rent on the estate if you have one,unless you get special permission.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4341 on: November 27, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »

What about indoor cats?
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4342 on: November 27, 2020, 09:09:21 PM »

What about indoor cats?

Iím pretty sure you still have to get special permission.

And thatís ok with me. I like cats in theory but not in practice.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4343 on: November 27, 2020, 09:44:47 PM »

Cats are banned on the Sandringham estate. They kill the grouse. You're not allowed to rent on the estate if you have one,unless you get special permission.

Laughing Laugh bounce  That tickled my funny bone.   We know how highly the BRF rate protecting grouse at Sandringham!   The only reason they care about preserving grouse populations is so there are plenty to be shot and killed by the royals and their friends.  I bet they'd ban Hen Harriers if they could, too.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4344 on: November 28, 2020, 12:20:24 AM »

Shot, killed and eaten.

All the grouse that is shot is also eaten by guests or is given to those guests to take away to eat at their own homes (same with the pheasants etc at Balmoral).
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4345 on: November 28, 2020, 12:59:13 AM »

Who takes care of the rodent population, then? Cats have a long history of being very useful for such things. Except Lesbaru cats. Then they are drunk wearing sparkly collars and crashing squirrel raves.
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4346 on: November 28, 2020, 01:19:16 AM »

Who takes care of the rodent population, then? Cats have a long history of being very useful for such things. Except Lesbaru cats. Then they are drunk wearing sparkly collars and crashing squirrel raves.
A lovely image Smiley But I'm also interested in the question as I just assumed that all the royal estates, stables etc had plenty of feral cats around the place on rodent duties!
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4347 on: November 28, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »

I assume it's just because the family in general hates cats. As a cat person I don't understand this!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4348 on: November 28, 2020, 08:50:47 AM »

I assume it's just because the family in general hates cats. As a cat person I don't understand this!

I too donít like cats. Itís often times a cultural thing. I find them to be disgusting, sneaky, and annoying. Adorable to look at, but I canít stand being around them for more than an hour or so at a time.

Dogs have far more redeeming qualities.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4349 on: November 28, 2020, 10:45:06 AM »

I like dogs but they are too much work for me! I have always had cats (though we had dogs growing up too), but my cats are nothing like the cat stereotype - they're affectionate, loyal, funny and this new kitten of ours is so friendly like a tiny dog. New people, he gets so excited and runs to the door. Our dogs were dumb as posts.  Laugh bounce

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 304   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: