Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 317   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 772585 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4515 on: December 21, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

The Duke and Duchess are delighted to share a new image of their family, which features on their Christmas card this year🎄.

Great pic!   https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/status/1339329547758694400?s=21

This is much better than it looked in the DM. You can see there is actually color variation, for one thing.

Some close-ups

Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4516 on: December 21, 2020, 10:54:55 PM »

They all look great.  Nice card.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4517 on: December 23, 2020, 08:19:04 PM »

The Duke and Duchess are delighted to share a new image of their family, which features on their Christmas card this year🎄.

Great pic!   https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal/status/1339329547758694400?s=21

This is much better than it looked in the DM. You can see there is actually color variation, for one thing.

Some close-ups

Beautiful family 

sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4518 on: January 12, 2021, 05:25:39 PM »

W&K "ignored two Scottish Government warnings not to travel to Scotland". Yeah, count me as one of the people who thought this thing was a huge misstep.

https://www.thenational.s...call-off-edinburgh-visit/
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4519 on: January 12, 2021, 06:51:50 PM »

Sturgeon and her advisors want Scotland to be under a hard lockdown for another year presumably as they are idiots going for 'Zero Covid'. Scotland will no longer exist soon enough, economically, with those policies. They have a lot more to worry about internally than William and Kate visiting - like no economy, no business, no tourism, no nothing.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Zazoo

Small Member

Cyprus Cyprus

Ignore
« Reply #4520 on: January 12, 2021, 09:20:19 PM »

https://www.google.com/am.../amp/uk-scotland-55419564

Wasnít she her self that broke the rules literally days after she slammed them, a small misstep, but still. Technically for them this is their job.
As an outsider I think that the train tour was a perfect for help national moral and saying thank you to the people that have work and still work day and night to help.
Did the Scottish people perceived it so negatively?

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4521 on: January 12, 2021, 11:08:56 PM »

Sturgeon and her advisors want Scotland to be under a hard lockdown for another year presumably as they are idiots going for 'Zero Covid'. Scotland will no longer exist soon enough, economically, with those policies. They have a lot more to worry about internally than William and Kate visiting - like no economy, no business, no tourism, no nothing.

Two people traveling multiple countries in direct defiance of guidelines and advice is, imo, something to worry about.
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4522 on: January 12, 2021, 11:10:32 PM »

Wasnít she her self that broke the rules literally days after she slammed them, a small misstep, but still. Technically for them this is their job.
As an outsider I think that the train tour was a perfect for help national moral and saying thank you to the people that have work and still work day and night to help.

I'm married to a Scot and my father is Scottish. From what I've hard from family members, it was perceived as unnecessary and ridiculous.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4523 on: January 12, 2021, 11:12:24 PM »

Two people traveling multiple countries in direct defiance of guidelines and advice is, imo, something to worry about.

And Westminster okayed it, so clearly it was alright. I bet you a million bucks Sturgeon said no because she does the opposite of Westminster.

Not like any of these guidelines or lockdowns are made with rationality, life, and science in mind but panic, authoritarian control, and - in Scotland - to one-up BoJo.

GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4524 on: January 13, 2021, 02:56:23 AM »

I'm married to a Scot and my father is Scottish. From what I've hard from family members, it was perceived as unnecessary and ridiculous.

It just seems like there were better options than a travel tour when youíre supposed to be on lockdown.
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4525 on: January 13, 2021, 05:03:20 AM »

And Westminster okayed it, so clearly it was alright. I bet you a million bucks Sturgeon said no because she does the opposite of Westminster.

Not like any of these guidelines or lockdowns are made with rationality, life, and science in mind but panic, authoritarian control, and - in Scotland - to one-up BoJo.

It's not "alright" to travel in the middle of a pandemic, with lockdowns in place, to various areas throughout the UK. Sturgeon advised against it it because it was the right thing to do and, despite some missteps, she's been a better leader than anyone in BoJo's govt.

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4526 on: January 13, 2021, 07:27:33 AM »

I traveled during the whole swine flu thing, which I got (from a college roommate!) just like I got Covid. Also traveled during this considering that seeing family and living one's life is indeed essential, especially when said family members are dying and you will never see them again, and they do not want to be tormented by being alone due to cruel, evil policies that do nothing but destroy society.

Sturgeon's an idiot; BoJo is an idiot; they are all idiots and authoritarians who love this, enough said, and it is why it won't end anytime soon.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:53:32 AM by Ellie » Logged

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #4527 on: January 13, 2021, 09:02:03 AM »

Is that the same Sturgeon who broke lockdown laws herself?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4528 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:11 AM »

If itís really a question of Boris Johnson vs Nicola Sturgeon, I pity W&K. Itís not like itís solely their choice to go on trips or not, nor would it be easy for them to say no if the prime minister says yes. When ordinary people are told not to travel or their movements are restricted in general, itís not a good look when people in power break those restrictions. If not on W&K, then not on Boris or Nicola either.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #4529 on: January 13, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »

It's not "alright" to travel in the middle of a pandemic, with lockdowns in place, to various areas throughout the UK. Sturgeon advised against it it because it was the right thing to do and, despite some missteps, she's been a better leader than anyone in BoJo's govt.

Star agree with everything, sal89.

If I remember it right the only thing Sturgeon said is that they updated the royal household on what's happening and what the rules are in Scotland for them to make the decision. From what I recall, she didn't really say anything against the trip and it was all the press that started twisting it to serve their own agenda. The problem is, people tend to only read headlines, not the actual words someone said. Or maybe I just missed something she said, would appreciate someone posting the article/video with her own words.
And Sturgeon has definitely shown more leadership than Boris in all of this.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 317   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: