Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 317   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 773261 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4605 on: January 30, 2021, 02:19:56 PM »

The Pakistan-Wardrobe was a masterpiece of diplomatic, deferent and approbiate dressing.
I find her Shortbread-Dress a bit too much, but tbf, I had one of those about 25-30 years ago and I found myself very chic!. Anyway, I do like Tartan and like such dresses, the red makes it very stand out, but mostly people do take it very kindly, that she makes an effort.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
LarLa

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4606 on: February 01, 2021, 06:30:07 PM »

I thought the Pakistan tour wardrobe was a heck of a lot better than others. I mean for Pakistan there is an element of having to dress in a certain way to be respectful of culture and sensitivities.

What the excuse for dressing like cowboys in Calgary, Canada was i'll never know. Whether they are getting better with time or just visiting places further afield with bigger cultural differences thus making "theme dressing" seem more appropriate I'm not sure.

They attended the Calgary Stampede while in Canada which is among other things, one of the world's largest rodeos. They get a pass from me for their western wear. It was fitting.

I believe pretty much everyone going to Stampede dresses like a cowboy - its just what you do.
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4607 on: February 02, 2021, 09:58:15 PM »

Partnering with @Place2Be, we asked children from Ribbon Academy in Durham to express their feelings through creative drawing.

See below to see how you can get involved.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1356556939564642307?s=21

This week we're encouraging parents and children around the world to create a drawing and at the end of this week, we will share more of your inspiring sketches - please share using #ChildrensMentalHealthWeek and tagging @KensingtonRoyal

Visit @Place2Be for more information
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4608 on: February 03, 2021, 04:10:25 PM »

The Duke of Cambridge this morning held a Meeting with Mr Anthony Juniper (Chairman, Natural England) via video link.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, Place2Be, this afternoon held a Meeting with Ms Catherine Roche (Chief Executive Officer) via telephone.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, later held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Place2Be, afterwards spoke via video link to teachers of Ribbon Academy, Barnes Road, Murton, Seaham, County Durham.

- Court Circular || 2 February 2021
anneboleyn

Warned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4609 on: February 03, 2021, 06:49:37 PM »

Love all the tartan talk! I am Scottish and should really do more research into my family background. It's the neglected side of me - I'm very in touch with my German and Irish roots, but my Scottish history seems to fall to the wayside.

And I agree regarding Kate's wardrobe - I find it less offensive that she purchased clothing for a specific tour than the amount of dress coats and dresses she has by Jenny Packham that you can barely tell the difference between!

It's also interesting to see how they dress for a tour. It's a fine line between celebrating a country and appropriation.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #4610 on: February 04, 2021, 01:32:30 AM »

Love all the tartan talk! I am Scottish and should really do more research into my family background. It's the neglected side of me - I'm very in touch with my German and Irish roots, but my Scottish history seems to fall to the wayside.

And I agree regarding Kate's wardrobe - I find it less offensive that she purchased clothing for a specific tour than the amount of dress coats and dresses she has by Jenny Packham that you can barely tell the difference between!

It's also interesting to see how they dress for a tour. It's a fine line between celebrating a country and appropriation.

Kate’s team and the High Commission will have consulted closely on the detail and identified whether there was a PR risk.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:57:04 AM by Hester » Logged
perdie

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4611 on: February 04, 2021, 01:53:31 AM »

I like that she dresses according to where she goes.  She's going to be photographed, so why not promote British/destination designers and show attention has been paid, rather than simply dressing as at home.

Sometimes the theme dressing annoys me - green in Ireland, tartan for Scotland  Roll Eyes - and if she wants to go for a theme she would do better by using an Irish or Scottish designer, for example.  The tartan thing just seems like she treats it as any other tour and thus needs to dress differently, when she lived there while at uni.  I don't think that's a good play, really.  I think her Pakistan outfits were generally great; quite possibly there was a lot more time devoted to suitable clothing than other trips, maybe as a result of nearly flashing the audience in India and other places.  One that annoyed me was her outfit in Bhutan, where she should have used the local dress rather than commissioning something that was cosplay.

And yes yes yes to all the identikit blue coats etc.  That really is a waste of money.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4612 on: February 10, 2021, 03:35:50 PM »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon spoke via video link to nursing students from Ulster University?s School of Nursing, Newtownabbey, County Antrim.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon spoke via video link to parents who have been supported by Little Village.

Her Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, subsequently held a Meeting with Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

- Court Circular || 9 February 2021
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4613 on: February 10, 2021, 11:15:00 PM »

Link to video/thread of videos for Nursing student chat.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1359623176259469312?s=21
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4614 on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:48 PM »

Just when you think you’re over Zoom, along comes a call from The Duchess of Cambridge!

The Duchess @KensingtonRoyal called to check in with two of the mums we’ve supported, Vicky and Yelda and our Founder, @mssophiaparker

Great end to our 5th anniversary week!

https://twitter.com/littl.../1360355767526776833?s=21

Oops. Meant to put this in Kate thread.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:55:17 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4615 on: February 19, 2021, 11:43:44 AM »

Our Armed Forces are playing a vital role in the roll out of the COVID-19 vaccine across the UK.

Prince William spoke with some of those involved across the @BritishArmy, @RoyalNavy and the @RoyalAirForce in supporting the NHS in vaccinating priority groups.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1362711023107461120?s=21
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4616 on: February 19, 2021, 11:44:37 AM »

Great to see the @United4Wildlife Taskforces in action working to #EndWildlifeCrime. 

Although such seizures are difficult to detect and even more difficult to deter, United for Wildlife Taskforces are working together to implement solutions.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1362345028316762112?s=21
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4617 on: February 25, 2021, 10:47:54 PM »

Does anyone know if there was ever any confirmation about them doing a 10 year anniversary documentary? And if so with which network? I hope they would show some BTS footage like the taking of their wedding photos. I also hope they don't post already released photos to their Instagram like they've been year in and year out.

Time has gone so slow yet so fast, I can't believe it will be 10 years in little over a month.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4618 on: February 26, 2021, 04:58:38 AM »

Great to see the @United4Wildlife Taskforces in action working to #EndWildlifeCrime. 

Although such seizures are difficult to detect and even more difficult to deter, United for Wildlife Taskforces are working together to implement solutions.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1362345028316762112?s=21

This is awesome.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4619 on: February 26, 2021, 08:50:26 AM »

So I presume his Hunting days in Africa are considered "over"?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 317   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: