Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 323   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 791901 times)
minimoos

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4650 on: March 05, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »

Sadly I know what its like to be in that moment where you reel utterly alone and the only option ahead of you is to take your life. I also know how fantastic such charities are. They literally save lives, as we have seen in this video.

Kate and William have really worked hard at their mental health angle, and Shout! is a brilliant initiative. I really like that you can use text rather than phone, for people with phone anxiety like myself that is a huge help. The publicity campaigns for Shout have been wide reaching and evidently all the hard work by everyone involved is paying off. The fact that they have helped to save even just one life makes it so worthwhile. Although hearing this story must have been very sad and emotional, Kate and William must also feel proud that they helped save a life of a 12 year old boy.

Yes, and having done the base work prior made it easier to put this to the forefront of their work. A pandemic can never have good timing, but the fact that this was already a cause they were undertaking and the prior publicity allowed the public (including this boy) to know help was available during these difficult times.

I can be fairly cynical when it comes to royal ‘causes,’ but anything that keeps focus on the resources available for mental health and well-being is a good thing.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4651 on: March 06, 2021, 01:17:39 AM »

I'm not at all denying Corona or it's dangerousness for some people, but there're many others too that are affected.
My dad recently had major surgery and we're contemplating a temporary assisted living stay (in truth, he may need to stay much longer). Our state isn't as restrictive, but I still want to make sure family and friends can visit.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4652 on: March 06, 2021, 02:51:04 AM »

Sadly I know what its like to be in that moment where you reel utterly alone and the only option ahead of you is to take your life. I also know how fantastic such charities are. They literally save lives, as we have seen in this video.

Kate and William have really worked hard at their mental health angle, and Shout! is a brilliant initiative. I really like that you can use text rather than phone, for people with phone anxiety like myself that is a huge help. The publicity campaigns for Shout have been wide reaching and evidently all the hard work by everyone involved is paying off. The fact that they have helped to save even just one life makes it so worthwhile. Although hearing this story must have been very sad and emotional, Kate and William must also feel proud that they helped save a life of a 12 year old boy.

Yes, and having done the base work prior made it easier to put this to the forefront of their work. A pandemic can never have good timing, but the fact that this was already a cause they were undertaking and the prior publicity allowed the public (including this boy) to know help was available during these difficult times.

I can be fairly cynical when it comes to royal ‘causes,’ but anything that keeps focus on the resources available for mental health and well-being is a good thing.

Thank you Kristallinchen, TLLK and Paulina for your virtual hug. Fortunately for me those days are long gone, but the memories remain.

And Minimoos I agree, I can be fairly cynical too about royal causes, and initially I was about the Cambridges involvement with mental health. Admittedly I saw it as "jumping on the bandwagon" as a lot of public debate was about mental health at the time, and given the work ethic the pair had shown I wasn't expecting good things. But I've been so pleasantly surprised and humbled by their work, and now I mention Shout when posting online about seeking help and when I'm talking to friends who have poor mental wellbeing. I know that in years to come they will be associated with a lot of charities and initiatives, but I hope that Shout stays and remains a royal patronage for decades to come.

Also in the UK, there has been a sea change about mental health. I'm not saying that's entirely down to Wills and Kate but by putting themselves out there and talking about it has helped a lot. People are still a bit wary of terms like "bipolar" or "schizophrenia", but in my experience at least, I find that people ask more questions and are more considerate, rather than presumptive and buying into the stigma.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #4653 on: March 06, 2021, 02:54:42 AM »

I know how you feel 100% Sarah.  Hug

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4654 on: March 06, 2021, 03:02:29 AM »

Hug  SvenskaSarah.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4655 on: March 06, 2021, 04:42:34 AM »

SvenskaSarah  Hug Hug
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4656 on: March 07, 2021, 07:56:32 PM »

Jumping on a bandwagon is not per se a bad thing. Not everybody is a trailblazer.
I initially thought however(back when I rolled my eyes at the W&K team) that they were just using it to promote their own self-importance. But they stuck with it and they have shed a lot of light on this subject.
Mental health esp in our children is an important subject and their involvement at least makes sure that it does not fade into the background of "omg the pandemic" like everything else is.
So good for them.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4657 on: March 08, 2021, 02:49:00 AM »

Jumping on a bandwagon is not per se a bad thing. Not everybody is a trailblazer.
I initially thought however(back when I rolled my eyes at the W&K team) that they were just using it to promote their own self-importance. But they stuck with it and they have shed a lot of light on this subject.
Mental health esp in our children is an important subject and their involvement at least makes sure that it does not fade into the background of "omg the pandemic" like everything else is.
So good for them.

ITA with you. My views of Wills and Kate at the time were very much "they're doing it to promote their own self-importance". Also I wasn't in a great place so my cynicism could have been derived from that. But I always enjoy being pleasantly surprised. And I like that they are continuing to emphasise mental health during the pandemic, I'm pretty certain that people who thought they would never suffer from poor mental wellbeing have struggled over this past year, and it's great that Wills and Kate are drawing attention to that. I'm not sure if it was mentioned uptrend, or if it was my ideas upon reading posts, but the patronagues the couple have all seem to link with one another and within the umbrella term of mental health. This has definitely been planned for a long time and with consideration to having a long-term legacy.

Also, I don't want to take up too much of the thread with this, but thanks again to those who have sent me hugs, I return all the hugs with a big embrace myself  Hug
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4658 on: March 09, 2021, 02:35:58 AM »

So good for them.

Just thinking out loud ... and not wanting to go too OT, but I think mental health may be a topic about which William possibly feels very strongly.  In a royally-constrained sort of way, naturally ... He was after all raised in a pressure cooker, 'nuff said, and then having to cope with the sudden death of his mother.  I also observed his long period of ... seemingly aimless drift before and after marriage.  He seems to have come miles from all that old darkness though. 

It's really nice to see William and Kate in this good place and contributing something meaningful.

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #4659 on: March 09, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »

I used to roll my eyes at them a lot but I have to say they came out particularly well out of all the family mess, in any way, perhaps this was the wake up call they both needed to soldier on, and do more.  Smiley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4660 on: March 11, 2021, 05:06:30 PM »

The Cambridges visiting an East London primary school today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1LUQS4TSjU
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4661 on: March 11, 2021, 07:01:56 PM »

Read online that this was suppose to be Kates engagement (makes sense) but William decided to join her last minute. I can only assume as a buffer between her and the press since it was so close to the O show. If true 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4662 on: March 11, 2021, 07:07:33 PM »

Read online that this was suppose to be Kates engagement (makes sense) but William decided to join her last minute. I can only assume as a buffer between her and the press since it was so close to the O show. If true 

Good husband.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4663 on: March 11, 2021, 07:13:48 PM »

LOVE the coat

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4664 on: March 11, 2021, 07:34:45 PM »

LOVE the coat

The coat is great. But I think the pullover clashes with it.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 323   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: