Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 335   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 812301 times)
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4740 on: April 05, 2021, 01:12:12 AM »

Yes very meta I will admit I didn't love it but I do like that the egg is getting pieced together again. Just like us in society. I can live with that sort of resurrection.
luvcharles

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4741 on: April 05, 2021, 01:52:07 AM »

Is there a meaning or tradition associated with smashing Easter eggs?  It's a cute little video, but especially with William having recently been appointed Lord High Commissioner of the Church of Scotland, I was hoping for something a little more reverent from them on Easter.

William's appointed is really a re-appointment as he was appointed to this position last year just before lock down. As a result the meeting of the leaders of the Church of Scotland didn't happen and was put back a year so William will take the lead this year - largely attending the opening service and hosting dinner each day and then going off on a series of engagements around Scotland for the rest of each day:

opening service - engagements in Scotland - hosts dinner is the normal procedure for the days of the meeting.

In two years time (or next year if they return to the normal schedule) someone else will be appointed. Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward have all done this and most at least twice in the past 25 years from the online CC on the British Monarch Website.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4742 on: April 05, 2021, 02:09:04 AM »

Yep it’s more right of passage plus a reschedule then anything super meaningful. 

There’s been a push in recent years to have the BRF more involved with Edward serving in 2014 and Anne in 2017 (her second time).  Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester services three years in a row back in the early 60s and various non-royals have served multiple years in a row throughout The Queen’s reign.  William would have been appointed eventually especially as he’s now a FT royal in addition to being second in line.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4743 on: April 05, 2021, 03:24:37 AM »

Is there a meaning or tradition associated with smashing Easter eggs?  It's a cute little video, but especially with William having recently been appointed Lord High Commissioner of the Church of Scotland, I was hoping for something a little more reverent from them on Easter.

Me too but I imagine like most people our age they are not genuinely religious at all. Charles has a video recording a poem about Christ and William and Kate do this? He is also the future Head of the Church of England. Meh.

Whelp, here's my take on this:

Eggs symbolize rebirth at Easter.

You start off seeing the whole egg.

Then you see the egg, after it has apparently been smashed by a rolling-pin.

Then the egg comes back together.

I may be going way deeper than either Kate or Will intended, but the world is slowly emerging from the pandemic, coming back together, being reborn, if you will.

As a dear friend has been known to exclaim - there 's a sermon in that.

No idea.  Quite meta.

On Greek Orthodox Easter you knock  eggs together as a game.  The one that cracks loses.

The post was a dud. They’ve knocked the social media game out of the park for years now, but this was like revealing beige was Kates favorite color.

You’ll get em next time, ehh?

Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4744 on: April 05, 2021, 10:38:10 PM »

Me too but I imagine like most people our age they are not genuinely religious at all. Charles has a video recording a poem about Christ and William and Kate do this? He is also the future Head of the Church of England. Meh.

I may be going way deeper than either Kate or Will intended, but the world is slowly emerging from the pandemic, coming back together, being reborn, if you will.

No idea.  Quite meta.

On Greek Orthodox Easter you knock  eggs together as a game.  The one that cracks loses.

The post was a dud. They’ve knocked the social media game out of the park for years now, but this was like revealing beige was Kates favorite color.

You’ll get em next time, ehh?

A photo of the children hunting for eggs in the garden would have been nice!   You'd think "photographer" Kate would have been all over that.   

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4745 on: April 05, 2021, 10:41:35 PM »

But they don’t need to pull the kids card (or the Diana card) right now.  Dumb move.  I would have been more low key for Mother’s Day (not that it wasn’t sweet) and done a picture of the kids for Easter.  It would have worked well with The Queen and Charles also doing photos.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #4746 on: April 06, 2021, 06:22:31 PM »

No idea.  Quite meta.

Catholics do this to.
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4747 on: April 06, 2021, 06:23:36 PM »

But they don’t need to pull the kids card (or the Diana card) right now.  Dumb move.  I would have been more low key for Mother’s Day (not that it wasn’t sweet) and done a picture of the kids for Easter.  It would have worked well with The Queen and Charles also doing photos.
I think that they were purposefully low key for Easter to allow the Queen and Charles to have center stage. We all know that the papers would put 3 adorable children on the front page rather than the monarch and heir if given a choice. And doing it the day after wouldn't look that great either.

The Cambridges took Mother's Day, where the Queen and Charles were very low key, instead. And I think it was actually quite a success.( It helps that the sheer hatred a certain very unpopular person has for them makes most people automatically think well of anything they do, especially if it seems like it might upset her )
Astrid

Mini Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #4748 on: April 06, 2021, 06:39:22 PM »

Attempts to smash the family like an egg with the brute force of a rolling pin lead nowhere, the family, ah - sorry, the egg rearranges itsself and remains intact! Strong symbolism.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4749 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »

Attempts to smash the family like an egg with the brute force of a rolling pin lead nowhere, the family, ah - sorry, the egg rearranges itsself and remains intact! Strong symbolism.

I like that!  Star

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

A Life of Service

Ignore
« Reply #4750 on: April 06, 2021, 07:14:06 PM »

I like that!  Star
Ditto, Astrid!  Star

"During WWII, then Princess Elizabeth begged her father to let her help the cause. He gave in, and allowed her to join the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service where she trained as a mechanic and drove a military truck." - The Royal Trailblazers
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4751 on: April 06, 2021, 10:01:35 PM »

Ohhh I like that!  Beer
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4752 on: April 07, 2021, 01:22:25 AM »

Oh so do I!!
Ghost

Medium Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #4753 on: April 14, 2021, 07:27:18 PM »

Half an hour ago:

https://www.instagram.com...Xn3/?igshid=1elm6n9qkwqs0

I am dead! The way The Queen and Charlotte are looking at each other!!!
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4754 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:45 PM »

The picture is amazing!!

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 335   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: