Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 355   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 875332 times)
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #5115 on: May 11, 2021, 08:12:45 PM »

I mean do we even know where they were going on that Saturday afternoon? Also considering there are 5000 articles about it, if they were doing it every weekend surely there would be 5000 articles every week. You couldn’t pay me to get in a helicopter but seeing as Willam actually flies the death traps (as I call them) I guess it’s good I’m not married to him.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #5116 on: May 11, 2021, 08:15:14 PM »

Diana used to drive her boys from London to Highgrove all the time, it is about the same distance, that is what google told me. And that way she had a getaway car as well.  Wink I can't believe I am saying this, but wouldn't it be interesting if William and Kate would take over Frogmore Cottage? It has been newly renovated after all and much closer to London.

Supposedly Eugenie and Jack are (or will be) using Frogmore Cottage. Plus that would give the Cambridges three homes which is more than they certainly need.

I also don't think you would get the Cambidges to trade Anmer Hall for Frogmore Cottage.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5117 on: May 11, 2021, 08:51:21 PM »

Wills and Kate are to attend an engagement in the West Midlands relating to Mental Health awareness week on Thursday (sorry I'm trying to remember the post I read).

I know it's very early days, but I'm enjoying seeing them out and about, and venturing to places that isn't in the general London area.
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5118 on: May 11, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »

I also don't think you would get the Cambidges to trade Anmer Hall for Frogmore Cottage.

Nor should they. They have probably made a lot of personal changes at Anmer Hall to feel like *their* home, and there's nothing wrong with them having it. It just needs to be more of a holiday/summer home, rather than a second residence that they travel frequently to. If they want a closer second home that's out of the city, they should pick something a bit closer than Norfolk.

Also, agree to those who call helicopters death traps. Noooo thank you. It would be amazing to ride in one but I don't think I actually would. Far too dangerous, no matter how experienced the pilot, imo.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #5119 on: May 11, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »

Worth saying after my slightly ranty message this morning on my way to work -  I don't think its some horrendous crime for W&K and family to travel to Anmer by helicopter but it is damaging in the sense a lot of their popularity comes from them being seen as "more normal" than others in the RF, especially Charles. To the royals travelling like this by helicopter regularly may be normal but it isn't to most people so they run the risk of it doing their popularity harm. At the end of the day they are no worse than the rest of us - choosing convenience and speed over being ecofriendly (e.g I choose to drive to work rather than get the bus as the car gives me greater options and control) - it is just that their means are greater.

I don't believe its for security reasons - W&K are regularly seen doing the school run in London's busy city traffic which would have as much predictability and threat as a drive to Anmer. Again, no biggie - they are choosing a more convenient method over a greener method of travel as we all do. 
anneboleyn

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5120 on: May 11, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »

they are choosing a more convenient method over a greener method of travel as we all do. 

Yep  Thumb up
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5121 on: May 11, 2021, 11:21:47 PM »

Worth saying after my slightly ranty message this morning on my way to work -  I don't think its some horrendous crime for W&K and family to travel to Anmer by helicopter but it is damaging in the sense a lot of their popularity comes from them being seen as "more normal" than others in the RF, especially Charles. To the royals travelling like this by helicopter regularly may be normal but it isn't to most people so they run the risk of it doing their popularity harm. At the end of the day they are no worse than the rest of us - choosing convenience and speed over being ecofriendly (e.g I choose to drive to work rather than get the bus as the car gives me greater options and control) - it is just that their means are greater.

I don't believe its for security reasons - W&K are regularly seen doing the school run in London's busy city traffic which would have as much predictability and threat as a drive to Anmer. Again, no biggie - they are choosing a more convenient method over a greener method of travel as we all do. 

Good point about them regularly driving out and about in London!  I'm definitely one who thinks it's more than a little indefensible to take helicopters for short unofficial jaunts.

Without getting too much on my soapbox, this situation (storm in a teacup though it may be) is a perfect example of why they need to abolish their "never complain; never explain" mentality.  Ok, keep the "never complain"...when we're dishing about the optics of taking a helicopter from your palace apartment to your country home, any complaints about lack of privacy/future mapped out for you/etc will fall on deaf ears!! So, yeah...never complain.

But the "never explain" part has always rubbed me wrong.  At worst it's arrogant and infantilizing, like they are above the need to explain things to mere commoners and how dare they even question a decision or action.  Let's be honest, the concept of divine right left Britain with the Stuart dynasty, so they are in fact accountable to the citizens of their country. And sometimes accountability demands an explanation. 

At best it's just misguided and a misread of the mood and desires of the country and in fact this era.  I tell my students all the time that I'm not interested in their excuses but I will listen to their explanations.  The people of Great Britain deserve to know, without going into nitty-gritty specifics that could compromise security, WHY a helicopter might be a better option.  And if they can't explain why it's a better option, then don't do it...choose the better, more defensible option.

In and of itself this scenario of this particular helicopter flight isn't the biggest deal BUT it is just one more indication of the BRF being tone deaf and out of touch with modern realities. 

At some point the combined weight of all of these "what are they thinking??" scenarios, plus the scandals, could very easily outweigh a fun new YouTube channel and cute pics of the Cambridge kids on their birthdays, and I think they ignore these very valid questions at their peril.

(Turns out I did in fact very much get on my soapbox here!)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5122 on: May 11, 2021, 11:58:14 PM »

Sorry Maria - didn't think this was O/T.

No worries, it wasn’t you Hug

When I spot a post where someone - I am giving you the mum stare Hester and Chandrasekhi! - posting about Harry and Meghan I will delete the post. It’s not okay. I am tired about it. It’s o/t and it’s troublesome. Stop it!

I don’t think I should be specifically targeted here. I’ll check through and see whether I am indeed “THE” culprit though and issue a formal apology if so.
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5123 on: May 12, 2021, 12:32:54 AM »

In other news...
On Thursday Will and Kate will have a series of engagements in West Midlands to focus on how nature can help with mental health for Mental Health Awareness Week.

On Friday they will participate in the Mental Health Minute.

On Saturday William will attend the Emirates FA Cup final and present the winning trophy in his role as President.
Nappyolean

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5124 on: May 12, 2021, 03:40:52 AM »

In other news...The Wall Street Journal had an interesting article about Norfolk. They mentioned Sandringham and Amner Hall but the big takeaway was how many younger families are moving there due to the pandemic and real estate prices are escalating. https://www.wsj.com/artic...erfront-homes-11620242130
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #5125 on: May 12, 2021, 01:32:31 PM »

When I spot a post where someone - I am giving you the mum stare Hester and Chandrasekhi! - posting about Harry and Meghan I will delete the post. It’s not okay. I am tired about it. It’s o/t and it’s troublesome. Stop it!

I don’t think I should be specifically targeted here. I’ll check through and see whether I am indeed “THE” culprit though and issue a formal apology if so.

Hester, I frequently remove posts from you where you mention Harry or Meghan. Obviously you won’t see them because they are gone now..
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #5126 on: May 12, 2021, 02:46:26 PM »

Hester, I frequently remove posts from you where you mention Harry or Meghan. Obviously you won’t see them because they are gone now..

Oh. Jolly good. Thanks for the advice. I wasn’t aware that my posts were being removed and I will take your word that the transgressions were “frequent”.

It’s pretty much impossible not to refer to the “strange, horrible pair” and their impact on w&k though, because they intersect constantly !😬
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5127 on: May 12, 2021, 04:41:47 PM »

Changes at the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s Royal Foundation.
Current chief executive, Jason, Knauf, is to stand down at the end of the year (after seven years royal service).
William and Kate have paid tribute to him, describing Jason as an ‘integral part of our team’.

Statement says a ‘planned international relocation that has necessitated his decision to stand down’.
Jason says it has been ‘the privilege of my career’, adding: ‘I will always be grateful for the opportunity I have had to support their leadership in the UK and internationally’

https://twitter.com/re_da.../1392483836009799682?s=21
Aubiette

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5128 on: May 13, 2021, 06:18:55 PM »

First stop today: @TheWayYouthZone, which works to motivate and inspire young people to transform their lives.

The Duke and Duchess joined young people who use The Way’s services for several wellbeing sessions, and also met a group of HeadStart ambassadors.
https://twitter.com/kensi.../1392822827183640581?s=21

Meeting Barbara the Bearded Dragon and Gus the Guinea Pig at @Hugglepets 🐉🐹 who use Animal Assisted Therapy to help children with disabilities, or those experiencing mental health challenges, to engage with therapy and wellbeing activities.

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1392861805496737799?s=21

Todays visit is all about understanding local organisations here in Wolverhampton.

Organisations that are motivating and inspiring young people to transform their lives. #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek

(P.S blaming the shoes for ⚽️ attempts)

https://twitter.com/kensi.../1392817435020042240?s=21

SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5129 on: May 13, 2021, 06:30:13 PM »

I know of late I keep imagining engagements involving multiple royals from different families, but it'd be quite cool to see W&K to join forces with Daniel (and Vic) to link their causes with Generation Pep etc.

I've missed these 'day's out' engagements. From watching the clips on instagram, it seems Kate's archery skills is similar to mine (ie- awful!). I hope that Wills' blaming his shoes for lack of footballing prowess is a wake up call for him to acquire better shoes!
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 355   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: