Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 175787 times)
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: August 22, 2019, 11:00:05 PM »

Threw shade, check. Good PR, check. Good example for the kids, check.

Win win situation all around.

Is it really a win win situation all around?

It's a pathetic petty PR stunt to score points against his brother and lame wife. And we all know William is that type of person. It just feeds into the whole feud shit (brings that back into the spotlight!) and makes the monarchy look more fractured and trashy.

Like it or not the Sussexes are part of the monarchy and this stunt by the Cambridges just puts their gaff in the spotlight a little longer and adds more fuel to the fire. So the Cambridges may have scored a few personal little PR points (they still barely earn their own keep overall!) but the monarchy as a whole loses. A monarchy does not just survive on one piece of the puzzle but all of them!  

If Iím understanding correctly then I do agree.  If this was just a passenger taking the photo and video then itís fine because they canít control what others do.  If they tipped off someone in order to ensure that they would be photographed (and videotaped) then it is a bit petty.  Even though I did get a good laugh out of the PR slam dunk.

Iíve said before that the majority of whatís happening is not the Cambridgeís doing better than they were but that they look better when compared to the other couple. 

As Skirt Queen pointed out since July 1st Kateís only done 5 days (the garden show, 3 days at Wimbledon, and the regatta).  William did a bit more the first half of July but since the 16th his only thing was the regatta. 

If it wasnít for the latest mess we would be more critical of the extended break. 

Thereís no reason not to fly commercial within the UK so itís good but not praise worthy.
Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: August 22, 2019, 11:09:37 PM »

Iím really not seeing your point, NAOTMAA.  Itís pretty clear that the Cambs arranged these seats well in advance.  Iím not thinking it would have helped anyone if they suddenly canceled these budget public transport tickets and borrowed Sir Eltonís jet to make the Harkles look less like wankers.

I see this as the Cambs trying to right the ship.  They are in survival mode as well, and I see no value in them arbitrarily canceling plans simply to counteract the miserable images of the Harkles greedily feeding at the trough of celebrity perks.

óó-

These are pictures of a group of people who listen to their advisors and heed the counsel of those well-versed in such affairs.  Watching the Sussexes, I see pictures of people acting like Augustus Gloop at Willie Wonkaís garden.

Star
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: August 22, 2019, 11:16:57 PM »

Iím really not seeing your point, NAOTMAA.  Itís pretty clear that the Cambs arranged these seats well in advance.  Iím not thinking it would have helped anyone if they suddenly canceled these budget public transport tickets and borrowed Sir Eltonís jet to make the Harkles look less like wankers.

I see this as the Cambs trying to right the ship.  They are in survival mode as well, and I see no value in them arbitrarily canceling plans simply to counteract the miserable images of the Harkles greedily feeding at the trough of celebrity perks.

óó-

These are pictures of a group of people who listen to their advisors and heed the counsel of those well-versed in such affairs.  Watching the Sussexes, I see pictures of people acting like Augustus Gloop at Willie Wonkaís garden.

The seats aren't the issue. The Cambridges easily go places without being photographed. In general no one cares about them. So they could have easily done this trip without anyone knowing.

They clearly arranged to have this photographed when in the past they most certainly never would. That's the problem I have. They went out of their way to make this happen and involve themselves in something they weren't.

As for trying to "right the ship and going into survival mode." How about actually working? Not taking a private plane for their travels and getting photographed getting on/off the plane? Big whoop.

And if William wants to distance himself from his disaster brother then by all means do so. But don't make a public show out of it and do it in a way that trashes said brother even more. This will only make the monarchy look bad and puts William's character into question (we know the truth but the general don't).
gildinwen

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:52 PM »

It's a pathetic petty PR stunt to score points against his brother and lame wife. And we all know William is that type of person. It just feeds into the whole feud shit (brings that back into the spotlight!) and makes the monarchy look more fractured and trashy.

Like it or not the Sussexes are part of the monarchy and this stunt by the Cambridges just puts their gaff in the spotlight a little longer and adds more fuel to the fire. So the Cambridges may have scored a few personal little PR points (they still barely earn their own keep overall!) but the monarchy as a whole loses. A monarchy does not just survive on one piece of the puzzle but all of them!  

Except they ( the Sussexes) are not. Sure they have the titles and the privilege for now, but the minute the Queen dies, and Charles becomes King, then Harry and Meghan best hope he lives as long as his mother, because we all know that Charles wants to slim down the monarchy. What do you think William will do if Harry and Meghan are still married. This scene was saying to the British people "We see you, We HEAR you" Which is important to the continuation of the Monarchy and Meghan's money. So yes the Cambridges have won the PR war ( no matter what Kaiser off Celebitchy thinks) because in the Brexit debacle the Cambridges are winning 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: August 22, 2019, 11:27:08 PM »

I'm going to hold off on praising Will and Kate until I check the plane's passenger manifest and see how many people were kidnapped during the flight.

Laughing

Lord. Jameela really threw uranium on this issue of elite royal travel. These jokes could write themselves for a year at this point.

Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: August 23, 2019, 12:06:42 AM »

Except they ( the Sussexes) are not. Sure they have the titles and the privilege for now, but the minute the Queen dies, and Charles becomes King, then Harry and Meghan best hope he lives as long as his mother, because we all know that Charles wants to slim down the monarchy. What do you think William will do if Harry and Meghan are still married. This scene was saying to the British people "We see you, We HEAR you" Which is important to the continuation of the Monarchy and Meghan's money. So yes the Cambridges have won the PR war ( no matter what Kaiser off Celebitchy thinks) because in the Brexit debacle the Cambridges are winning 
Omg both couples haven't won anything. All in all this is all dumb. Brexit is bigger than the royals.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: August 23, 2019, 12:11:04 AM »

This was some of the easiest good PR I've seen.  It was there for the taking, and to be honest H&M left themselves open to this. 

The comment from Harry about only having two children really irritated me - there are so many people who would love to have one child, that his blithe assumption he would have another was totally arrogant, never mind how he must have infuriated W&K.  Imagine the comments the next time the Sussex instagram account congratulates Louis on his birthday?  I honestly don't blame W&K for this. 

And if W&K want to get their PR by flying scheduled flights, turning the spotlight on others in their social media and generally being decent and not woke, that's fine by me.  (Let's hope they add a lot more work, too.)
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: August 23, 2019, 12:19:20 AM »

I'm not convinced it was staged, more likely IMO, they simply didn't intervene and prevent the pics being taken or didn't kick up a fuss when they were put online.

This was clearly booked long in advance so they were faced with two choices:

cancel their plans and take a private jet (at even greater cost as it would have been last minute) so as not to create backlash for H&M

or

carry on with their plans and let H&M take the flack if they got seen

Given all the sly digs from H&M recently I'm not surprised they choose what could make them (W&K) look good over doing H&M a favour
JaneAir

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:50 AM »

The pictures are also a not-so-subtle message to all the celebrities running their big, dumb mouths: sit down and shut up, fools.   Snare
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:06 AM »

I'm not convinced it was staged, more likely IMO, they simply didn't intervene and prevent the pics being taken or didn't kick up a fuss when they were put online.

cancel their plans and take a private jet (at even greater cost as it would have been last minute) so as not to create backlash for H&M

or

Given all the sly digs from H&M recently I'm not surprised they choose what could make them (W&K) look good over doing H&M a favour

Given that all the shots I've seen were taken of them walking away from the plane, this was most likely the case. Passive good PR.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: August 23, 2019, 01:01:01 AM »

or

I have to agree. With all the miss steps taken by the Sussex, the Cambridges basically had to just continue on their path and they would look good in their roles. Three kids on an airplane not creating a commotion gets them brownie points.
gildinwen

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: August 23, 2019, 01:18:21 AM »

or

Tell the lot over at Celebitchy that. ( actually don't they've drank the Meghan Kool Aid)
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: August 23, 2019, 01:47:42 AM »

From what Iíve read it seems like this was a usually full commuter flight and probably not booked last minute (10 seats with RPOs and nanny...seems hard to do last minute) but it was in the middle of the perfect storm and I think they didnít shy away or have security ask people to not film or take photos. They saw an opportunity and took it.
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: August 23, 2019, 02:08:26 AM »

The picture looked like it was taken from inside the plane as they were getting off so I donít get the whole ĎCambridgeís payed or notified a photographerí thing. Everyone has a camera phone in their hands. I also donít think they booked the flight yesterday.
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: August 23, 2019, 02:12:27 AM »

The pictures are also a not-so-subtle message to all the celebrities running their big, dumb mouths: sit down and shut up, fools.   Snare

I think that was actually the purpose. The past few years have shown that Will and Harry aren't as close as everyone thought and they perhaps even have really bad relationship and don't even communicate unless necessary. So there is, I think, an element of who wins the pr war for both the Cambs and the Sussexes. But I think the issue is also: 1. Meghan's mouthy celeb "friends" called all the Brits and British press racist and came up with other ridiculous excuses so this was the way to ridicule them and shut them up, and 2. damage control to show the people that the Cambs are saving money and are with the people at the time of hardship, and as they are the key to the future of the monarchy, this matters more than what the Sussexes do as those can easily be isolated and/or shipped to Africa.

I don't agree with the 2nd point but must say it was a great move to show that those celebs are fools.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: