Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 271293 times)
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2019, 02:17:46 AM »

Kate has 20 patronages?  Shocked

I can barely name five of them. She needs to start working on the 20 she's got. Besides the mental health one (still totally unqualified!!!) she visits a small handful of others once in a millennium and others we don't know at all. But she's a mom so we got to cut her slack  Roll Eyes
She did so much better in the past. 2011-2013.
She also wasn't a parent then for the most part (with George being born in 2013)
It doesn't matter though.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »

Being deeply superficial, William looks a million times better in the decent suits he wore this week than the suede shoes, chinos and open necked shirts.

vs

Currently visualizing my highest self
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2019, 09:25:42 AM »

Perdie should have all the stars.  Star The arrogance and reliance on their popularity through their mother won't last and in their own generations, it is not. It won't provide a lasting connection with the monarchy at all if they think meeting people and doing the sorts of engagements Charles and Anne do regularly is just not fun or glamorous enough for their desire for publicity and popularity.

I think for the press Charles and Anne are just not glamourous enough.
Very true, but then just imagine that the Glam Four are reaching their forties in more or less a blink of an eye, and while we fellow midlife-people consider them still glam (cough) and the elder generation will forever consider them "Young un's" there is a huge group of people, all very present on social media who will consider them old, middle-aged and as glam as Mom and Dad. Will they be clicking all those lines, lapping up all those infos and following those channels - to the extent that the foursomes and the next king and queen remain relevant for the Society?
Or will royalty fade into the background, replaced by some other (sorry for my ignorance:) Bieberesque or Gomezque fever? Until possibly a George, Charlotte, Luis or Archie picks up the imagination.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: May 16, 2019, 02:38:26 PM »

Perdie should have all the stars.  Star The arrogance and reliance on their popularity through their mother won't last and in their own generations, it is not. It won't provide a lasting connection with the monarchy at all if they think meeting people and doing the sorts of engagements Charles and Anne do regularly is just not fun or glamorous enough for their desire for publicity and popularity.

I think for the press Charles and Anne are just not glamourous enough.
Very true, but then just imagine that the Glam Four are reaching their forties in more or less a blink of an eye, and while we fellow midlife-people consider them still glam (cough) and the elder generation will forever consider them "Young un's" there is a huge group of people, all very present on social media who will consider them old, middle-aged and as glam as Mom and Dad. Will they be clicking all those lines, lapping up all those infos and following those channels - to the extent that the foursomes and the next king and queen remain relevant for the Society?
Or will royalty fade into the background, replaced by some other (sorry for my ignorance:) Bieberesque or Gomezque fever? Until possibly a George, Charlotte, Luis or Archie picks up the imagination.
What do you mean replaced?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »

clickbait! - how many clicks does a Anne or a Mathilde get, how many people are interested in them and how many will continue to be willing to pay?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2019, 03:06:29 PM »

clickbait! - how many clicks does a Anne or a Mathilde get, how many people are interested in them and how many will continue to be willing to pay?
TBH a lot of people like Anne because she works and honestly if the younger set just works and not complain they will be respected and popular and the monarchy will continue.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2019, 03:37:55 PM »

You are right, Anne and eg Sophie are highly regarded, but how many younger generation "subjects" line up to see them? Or click on news about them? In a society in which social media is lightening fast and influences public opinion, will we afford to keep wallflowers?

Mary's life motto:
Kitty

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »

You are right, Anne and eg Sophie are highly regarded, but how many younger generation "subjects" line up to see them? Or click on news about them? In a society in which social media is lightening fast and influences public opinion, will we afford to keep wallflowers?
you are 100% right but they do get respect. Honestly Will and Harry and their spouse get coverage and lined up on the streets because they are Diana’s children. But they are doing all of this wrong. I mean do they really think that the monarchy will always be popular?
anneboleyn

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2019, 05:55:33 PM »

She also wasn't a parent then for the most part (with George being born in 2013)

I think it does matter, though. Of course she was going to have more engagements back when she was just a married woman, she had little else to focus on. However, now she is a mother of three, and despite what some say, she does seem to be an involved mom. She's going to work a little less as she is raising her young children and going on maternity leave. (I think W&K will have one more)
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »

I think it does matter, though. Of course she was going to have more engagements back when she was just a married woman, she had little else to focus on. However, now she is a mother of three, and despite what some say, she does seem to be an involved mom. She's going to work a little less as she is raising her young children and going on maternity leave. (I think W&K will have one more)

I agree, I think it does matter but also, she should've done more before she had kids and could easily do more now. She seems to be a great mom, but she didn't do much early on and now has the children as a reason to do even less.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2019, 06:02:43 PM »

Being deeply superficial, William looks a million times better in the decent suits he wore this week than the suede shoes, chinos and open necked shirts.

vs

And finally someone showed him how to button his jacket....
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2019, 06:05:54 PM »

vs

And finally someone showed him how to button his jacket....
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2019, 07:05:54 PM »

to me it doesn't seem that kate did more 'work' earlier in her days as a royal.  as i recall she has forever been chastised for doing too little 'work'.

considering all of the patronages she has, it seems that she'd be much busier.  it really just seems like she has 5 or so patronages.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2019, 07:13:16 PM »

^^^^
I don't remember much work in the early days before George either. The only thing I remember was that idiotic excuse about giving them the time to enjoy being newly weds because the Queen so fondly her time in Malta as the simple wife of a navy officer and they had all the time to get serious about duties later. Or how they didn't want a repeat of the Diana fiasco (too many royal duties was apparently the big issue that caused her problems  Roll Eyes) so they wanted to go slow. And then George came and it was all about enjoying being parents and how they still had time for that other stuff later Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:22:47 PM by NAOTMAA » Logged
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2019, 07:25:42 PM »

^^^^
I don't remember much work in the early days before George either. The only thing I remember was that idiotic excuse about giving them the time to enjoy being newly weds because the Queen so fondly her time in Malta as the simple wife of a navy officer and they had all the time to get serious about duties later. Or how they didn't want a repeat of the Diana fiasco (too many royal duties was apparently the big issue that caused her problems  Roll Eyes) so they wanted to go slow. And then George came and it was all about enjoying being parents and how they still had time for that other stuff later Roll Eyes

If only those of us living in the real world could use those excuses instead of having to deal with the daily grind and working towards our retirements!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: