Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 51439 times)
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2019, 09:35:19 AM »

It's at a snails pace, but these two have been sloooooowly getting out to see the country: visits to Dundee, Norther Ireland, Blackpool, north Wales, now Keswick. I'd love if they could do a big full day regional visit at least every fortnight and build on the wave of good will they are currently enjoying.

I'd also love to see a foreign tour.

Because I'm Future Crayon and for all I b*tch about the monarchy, I do like some pretty royal pictures of hats and dogs and small children and flowers to look at while I am eating my lunch at my desk again.

No one cares about the UK horse parade
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2019, 09:41:18 AM »

She is good with kids

Kitty

Warned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: June 12, 2019, 09:54:44 AM »

It's at a snails pace, but these two have been sloooooowly getting out to see the country: visits to Dundee, Norther Ireland, Blackpool, north Wales, now Keswick. I'd love if they could do a big full day regional visit at least every fortnight and build on the wave of good will they are currently enjoying.

Because I'm Future Crayon and for all I b*tch about the monarchy, I do like some pretty royal pictures of hats and dogs and small children and flowers to look at while I am eating my lunch at my desk again.
I agree. These are the things they should be doing. These bread and butter engagements make me smile a lot. Besides foreign tours, galas and diplomacy roles majority of what Diana did was bread and butter as well as her charities. I need a foreign tour maybe they will go to Japan or Italy?
Princess MS

Warned
Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: June 12, 2019, 09:59:43 AM »

I agree. These are the things they should be doing. These bread and butter engagements make me smile a lot. Besides foreign tours, galas and diplomacy roles majority of what Diana did was bread and butter as well as her charities. I need a foreign tour maybe they will go to Japan or Italy?

Why should foreign taxpayers pick up the cost for this pair to holitour ? Stay home and visit all the villages in the UK before you go elsewhere
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: June 12, 2019, 10:34:04 AM »

Why should they do a foreign tour?  Get to know your own country! Especially as this is the one and these are the people you are (pretending) to represent.

And it can be done in different ways, depending on how you are and how the region is.
I have really enjoyed seeing the reports and pictures of Victoria visiting various regions of Sweden and go walking/hiking there. Interaction with local people and groups in a nice, fun and healthy way

In the past Maxima was introduced in the Netherlands among others by a tour through the country. Visiting all the provinces, and not only limited to the capital and/or main cities of NL. Also what works for the Dutch royals is the visit into the country they do at Kingsday. Once started by the mother of the current king: Queen Beatrix.

Personally I didn't understand the (grand) tours of Harry and Meghan to the pacific and Morocco. Why!? What purpose did they have? Perhaps besides the visit to the Invictus Games in Australia.

Kitty

Warned
Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: June 12, 2019, 12:33:01 PM »

Why should they do a foreign tour?  Get to know your own country! Especially as this is the one and these are the people you are (pretending) to represent.

And it can be done in different ways, depending on how you are and how the region is.
I have really enjoyed seeing the reports and pictures of Victoria visiting various regions of Sweden and go walking/hiking there. Interaction with local people and groups in a nice, fun and healthy way

In the past Maxima was introduced in the Netherlands among others by a tour through the country. Visiting all the provinces, and not only limited to the capital and/or main cities of NL. Also what works for the Dutch royals is the visit into the country they do at Kingsday. Once started by the mother of the current king: Queen Beatrix.

Personally I didn't understand the (grand) tours of Harry and Meghan to the pacific and Morocco. Why!? What purpose did they have? Perhaps besides the visit to the Invictus Games in Australia.

Don't they usually go on foreign tours by invitation or the FOC sends them to places?
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »

Don't they usually go on foreign tours by invitation or the FOC sends them to places?

Of course their tours are done at the request of FO and planned by FO.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »

Still personally I would also prefer an increase in visits to parts of the country. I know that there are also countries abroad with strong ties to the BRF. They are all worth the visit.

You are representing a country including the people within, IMO you then should know what en who more precise. Take the personal effort to get to know them. And these kind of visits are a good tool.
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »

I love CP Victoria's walks. Such a great idea and a way to see different parts of Sweden. I also love the Royal Run in the Netherlands and how Fred, Mary and the kids all take part.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between seeing their own country and visiting others. There's already flack forming online about William and Kate having no tour announced and the other couple having an Africa tour in the fall. Personally I'd like to see William and Kate be the British RF representatives at the enthronement in Japan this fall. Its time that they start taking that role and have a closer relationship with other royals.

I'd also like to see William and Kate do more local engagements and start taking the kids - particularly George - on some of them when appropriate.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »

I love CP Victoria's walks. Such a great idea and a way to see different parts of Sweden. I also love the Royal Run in the Netherlands and how Fred, Mary and the kids all take part.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between seeing their own country and visiting others. There's already flack forming online about William and Kate having no tour announced and the other couple having an Africa tour in the fall. Personally I'd like to see William and Kate be the British RF representatives at the enthronement in Japan this fall. Its time that they start taking that role and have a closer relationship with other royals.

I'd also like to see William and Kate do more local engagements and start taking the kids - particularly George - on some of them when appropriate.

I assume you mend the Royal Run in Denmark Wink Smiley
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2019, 02:23:21 PM »

Haha yes. Its early here and I'm not really with it yet lol.

Yes Denmark. The run in Denmark.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2019, 03:12:38 PM »

I would hands down love it if they did a royal tour of the islands of the UK: Orkneys, Shetland, Hebrides, Scilly, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight...

LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »

I would hands down love it if they did a royal tour of the islands of the UK: Orkneys, Shetland, Hebrides, Scilly, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight...

That is a fantastic idea. Beautiful islands. Good to bring attention to them for tourism to the area as well.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: June 12, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »

I know that William visited Isle of Man in 2018 and agree with all that a tour of the island communities would be a great idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiRHxEtyWq4
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: June 12, 2019, 06:13:00 PM »

If they did that I would love them to bring the kids. I would imagine taking all 3 to that region would be very doable.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: