Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 51441 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:04 PM »

I doubt they'd bring the kids. Too much to handle and they'd have to bring Maria and the other nannies.

However a trip around Britain regularly, various different villages and towns and cities, the islands, etc - exploring their own country - is a brilliant idea. Imagine all the press these small locations, and businesses, communities would get from a visit from them. Charles and Anne do these things, why can't William and Kate?
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: June 12, 2019, 06:22:19 PM »

I love CP Victoria's walks. Such a great idea and a way to see different parts of Sweden. I also love the Royal Run in the Netherlands and how Fred, Mary and the kids all take part.

There's a balance that needs to be struck between seeing their own country and visiting others. There's already flack forming online about William and Kate having no tour announced and the other couple having an Africa tour in the fall. Personally I'd like to see William and Kate be the British RF representatives at the enthronement in Japan this fall. Its time that they start taking that role and have a closer relationship with other royals.

I'd also like to see William and Kate do more local engagements and start taking the kids - particularly George - on some of them when appropriate.

I hope Charles and Camilla go to Japan.  The BRF are notorious for sending less important representatives. Obviously the Queen is too old for the trip,  so Charles would be the next senior and worthy.

I love the idea of the local tours. I suggested it for the other couple so the non-British half could learn about local areas and really get the locals approval.  But Will and Kate doing this is great too. The Commonwealth is important,  but GB is the bread and butter.  If GB doesnt want them,  why would the Commonwealth?
Lady Liebe

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: June 12, 2019, 06:36:08 PM »

I would hands down love it if they did a royal tour of the islands of the UK: Orkneys, Shetland, Hebrides, Scilly, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight...

That would be great, but I favor going to one at a time and bringing the kids. Spend some actual time at each locale, rather than rushing.

They have been bringing the kids on some FO visits, so taking the kids to visit places in their own country should be a must.
DebbieB

Humongous Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Debbers and Bruners. (Thanks Pomme)

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: June 12, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »

Eh, it's a respectable crowd. Not crazy high, but respectable.
Is this a normal size?

Considering it doesn't look like school groups (selected classes of children who the school make go to these events to waves signs) and people who came on their own accord it looks pretty decent to me. Especially for a weekday.

Market towns such as Keswick hold markets during the week that tend to attract the out of town and locals. As there were stalls up in the market square, I think that it may have been market day. Hence the decent numbers for the visit.

"The great thing about Diana, is she always looked her best— you never saw her slumped in the backseat of a car with legs akimbo." Tina Brown
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: June 12, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »

Still personally I would also prefer an increase in visits to parts of the country. I know that there are also countries abroad with strong ties to the BRF. They are all worth the visit.

You are representing a country including the people within, IMO you then should know what en who more precise. Take the personal effort to get to know them. And these kind of visits are a good tool.

I think these type of more down to earth visits are so popular with people as it shows that the royals are bothered about their country and doing their duty. We mainly seem to see W&K turn up to high profile events, premiers, state banquets, international forums etc. In a time when people ask what's the difference between royals and celebrities the answer probably lies somewhere in visits like this which only royals would do.
Definitely hope they do more like this!
Kitty

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:39 PM »

Still personally I would also prefer an increase in visits to parts of the country. I know that there are also countries abroad with strong ties to the BRF. They are all worth the visit.

You are representing a country including the people within, IMO you then should know what en who more precise. Take the personal effort to get to know them. And these kind of visits are a good tool.

I think these type of more down to earth visits are so popular with people as it shows that the royals are bothered about their country and doing their duty. We mainly seem to see W&K turn up to high profile events, premiers, state banquets, international forums etc. In a time when people ask what's the difference between royals and celebrities the answer probably lies somewhere in visits like this which only royals would do.
Definitely hope they do more like this!
Such a beautiful explanation! They should do more of these because its beautiful and like you said down to earth. Its a humbling feeling as well. I think for the mean time they should take a break from high profile events.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2019, 02:46:12 AM »

Now that George and soon Charlotte will be at school there is a problem with taking the children out of school for visits. Catherine allegedly has said she won't do an overseas tour during the school year while the children are at school and the royals don't tend to do overseas visits during either their summer when school is on holidays. If true then there won't be any overseas tours for the Cambridges until Louis leaves school in 17 years time ... or until he is sent to boarding school in about 12 years time.

As the children grow up they will go to visit parts of the UK with their parents but not really until they understand why they are doing things. Allegedly George doesn't yet know he is going to be King ... although I suspect he has some idea by now. If so it makes sense he doesn't get dragged all round the place and is allowed to be a child with the same hopes and dreams as everyone else.

The Cambridges didn't do a spring tour this year - which is unusual especially as Charles and Camilla have done three so far this year and Harry and Meghan one. I would hope they do an autumn tour somewhere, maybe during the children's half-term break so the children could also go with them.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2019, 04:44:24 AM »

Now that George and soon Charlotte will be at school there is a problem with taking the children out of school for visits. Catherine allegedly has said she won't do an overseas tour during the school year while the children are at school and the royals don't tend to do overseas visits during either their summer when school is on holidays. If true then there won't be any overseas tours for the Cambridges until Louis leaves school in 17 years time ... or until he is sent to boarding school in about 12 years time.

Why 12 years? Don't children go to boarding school earlier than age 12?
(Asking for a friend.  Wink  )

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2019, 05:42:47 AM »

If they refuse to go on a tour because of the kids...

Well, I'm not shocked by that - they refuse to work because of the kids...

Louis I assume will not board at eight like William and Harry did but probably just go to Eton, or maybe they will all go to a co-ed school.
Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2019, 08:53:22 AM »

Louis I assume will not board at eight like William and Harry did but probably just go to Eton, or maybe they will all go to a co-ed school.

I think that a long tour like the Sussexes did Down Under would be too much considering the age of the kids, but a shorter tour would certainly be possibile. It's not like they have nobody to babysit the kids... In the meantime they can tour the UK, visit all the small villages and hidden corners of their future Kingdom.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2019, 09:31:04 AM »

This is a nice photo following their Cumbria visit

No one cares about the UK horse parade
LongMaySheReign

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2019, 01:03:51 PM »

A couple days ago, Chris Ship revealed on twitter that the Cambridges are going on tour this year. It's probably still embargoed.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: June 13, 2019, 01:14:49 PM »

My money’s on Marlborough College which is 13+.  There are a handful of 8+ co-ed boarding schools but I doubt they chose one of those.
emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: June 13, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »

My money’s on Marlborough College which is 13+.  There are a handful of 8+ co-ed boarding schools but I doubt they chose one of those.

If they have become P&P of Wales by the time Louis is 8, I can see them having no choice but to go the boarding school route earlier..... then again they have nannies, so.......

But I agree, while they are quite young, with them tailoring tours around the kids schooling.
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: June 13, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »

If they have become P&P of Wales by the time Louis is 8, I can see them having no choice but to go the boarding school route earlier..... then again they have nannies, so.......

But I agree, while they are quite young, with them tailoring tours around the kids schooling.

I was just about to add that in...great minds.  Depending on how things go with the Queen I could see plans changing. In 2026, George will turn 13 and most co-ed schools along with boys only are 13-18, Charlotte will turn 11 and most girls only are 11-18, and Louis will turn 8 so he could go to a boarding prep.  They could also at that time chosen a 8-18 school (there's not a lot but some...Gordonstoun being one).
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: