Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 178549 times)
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #720 on: August 09, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »

Loved this little girl curtseying to kate

Currently visualizing my highest self
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #721 on: August 09, 2019, 09:37:19 AM »

And Kate being awarded the wooden spoon for coming last

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »

I don't get why she had to wear diamond earrings in such an event but overall it was a fun day for Will and Kate, as well as for the kids!
I loved her strip blouse, I would prefer it without the peplum, I like the pants but not the combination.
Great idea for the race to become an annual event, it would set a tradition (as I read in a comment here, there was before so it's a very good thing for them to bring it back) assocciated with Will and Kate. These two needs to leave their mark, to make true impact. They need to work harder, to be seen more and be in touch with people - like Felipe and Letizia.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #723 on: August 09, 2019, 09:45:45 AM »

Charlotte sticking out her tongue to the press

https://www.nu.nl/275370/...-naar-pers-kings-cup.html
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2019, 09:55:28 AM »

King George V aboard the royal yacht Britannia at Cowes in 1924 for the King's Cup, first presented in 1920.

LucyLiu

Small Member

Slovakia Slovakia

Ignore
« Reply #725 on: August 09, 2019, 10:28:48 AM »

And Kate being awarded the wooden spoon for coming last

her arm look like two colors, like a fake tant?
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #726 on: August 09, 2019, 03:19:00 PM »

Charlotte has her great grandma's side eye 'I am not amused look' down pat.

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #727 on: August 09, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »

I just adore this little one, she is QEII made over and it's just precious!  Reading her mind, I'm thinking she's wondering why she didn't get a hat too LOL

I'm not for her acting out sticking out her tongue and looking bratty.  It's cute once but if she ventures into Josie of Denmark territory I'm going to be very disappointed.

I know there are mixed feeling over the Middletons (I happen to like them) but IMO it can only be a positive they're so involved in the children's lives and give them an opportunity to be  normal kids with normal experiences.  I'm sure at their house they run around carefree and barefoot as opposed to Charles house.  No doubt he loves them but I can't picture him as a doting, spoiling grandfather. JMO

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #728 on: August 09, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »

No - While I can't see Charles letting them run rampant, I do believe he dotes on them in his own way.

The running barefoot and carefree - that would be Camilla. So they get a happy medium at Highgrove. 
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #729 on: August 09, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »

So I'm not great fan of the Middletons but I thought their presence was practical and handled very well.  My guess is that Nanny Maria was off with Louis (rumor has it they were their just somewhere private) which is logical since a 15 month old on a boat can be a recipe for disaster and/or tantrums.  Michael and Carole watching the older kids was the most logical solution to allow George and Charlotte to participate and still have proper supervision.

Now where I have an unpopular opinion is with Charlotte's sass.  Last year her sass towards RRs at Louis christening was excused because she was 3, RRs are meanie heads, and of course W&K told her off in private.  This year the sticky out her tongue at someone when instructed to wave is being excused because she's only 4, she was probably told to wave at a friend (or William) so that's just cute, if not waving at a friend then RRs/Paps must have been sticking their tongues out at her to get a reaction (like they did to her father and uncle when they were kids), and of course Kate told her off in private and how dare you expect her to do so in public. 

Of course I understand that any parental action would have been widely reported and judged to high heaven but look at how two sass events 13 months apart a being completely excused.  They very same behavior by a 6 or 8 year old would have caused horrible parents and bratty child responses.  At what age does cute sass become brat?  And is this something we will look back on a say was the start of Charlotte the brat?

I could be very wrong but those are just my thoughts.  Charlotte is one of several that I'm watching for the switch from cute sass to brat.  Spunky and sassy is generally fine but gentle correction will teach Charlotte how to behave in public.  Yes she's only 4  and we don't want them to crush her spirit (and of course correcting in public is not the best idea) but my worrywart senses have been activated.

Sorry for the length.   Blush
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #730 on: August 09, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »

I think Charlotte was fine. She behaves perfectly at Trooping the Colour and other formal family events, like weddings and 2 royal tours. This was a fun, exciting day so it's unsurprising she was a little bit silly for a couple of seconds. By the looks of it, the rest of the day she was well behaved, she wore her life jacket, she hung out with her friends and grandparents.

Just my two cents. I do feel for royal kids of every royal family who get labelled 'shy', 'bratty', 'immature' or 'boring' before they even lose their milk teeth.

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #731 on: August 09, 2019, 07:25:50 PM »

Your probably right.  Lord knows adults can also get caught up in excitement as well. 
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #732 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:25 PM »

Excellent work, KP media team:

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #733 on: August 09, 2019, 07:27:00 PM »

Your probably right.  Lord knows adults can also get caught up in excitement as well. 

Royal Dish is all about having different opinions and not coming to blows  Beer

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #734 on: August 09, 2019, 07:29:22 PM »

Royal Dish is all about having different opinions and not coming to blows  Beer

Champagne

That it is.  Iím one of those people that likes to talk things out and RD is great for that. 
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: