Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 193490 times)
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: August 09, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »

Charlotte is 4....4.

genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: August 09, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

When I see photos of George I think "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..."

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: August 09, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »

The vests that William and Kate are wearing are they making sure they don’t fly off the boat?

And what are those long poles with the plastic handle they are holding on to? Kate is holding onto hers when seated...another safety measure?

Whoever gave George the sailor hat was brilliant...great photos.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: August 09, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »

Giving George the hat but not the other children was not great, it was cruel towards the other children. Such a gesture was sexist as the girls didn't get one. Such things should not be encouraged. Kate wearing the Big Blue was careles and stupid. For PR reasons she endangered the crew, she could have hurt them with this thing. There is a reason why jewelery is not worn for lots of sports events.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: August 09, 2019, 08:37:32 PM »

So I'm not great fan of the Middletons but I thought their presence was practical and handled very well.  My guess is that Nanny Maria was off with Louis (rumor has it they were their just somewhere private) which is logical since a 15 month old on a boat can be a recipe for disaster and/or tantrums.  Michael and Carole watching the older kids was the most logical solution to allow George and Charlotte to participate and still have proper supervision.

Now where I have an unpopular opinion is with Charlotte's sass.  Last year her sass towards RRs at Louis christening was excused because she was 3, RRs are meanie heads, and of course W&K told her off in private.  This year the sticky out her tongue at someone when instructed to wave is being excused because she's only 4, she was probably told to wave at a friend (or William) so that's just cute, if not waving at a friend then RRs/Paps must have been sticking their tongues out at her to get a reaction (like they did to her father and uncle when they were kids), and of course Kate told her off in private and how dare you expect her to do so in public. 

Of course I understand that any parental action would have been widely reported and judged to high heaven but look at how two sass events 13 months apart a being completely excused.  They very same behavior by a 6 or 8 year old would have caused horrible parents and bratty child responses.  At what age does cute sass become brat?  And is this something we will look back on a say was the start of Charlotte the brat?

I could be very wrong but those are just my thoughts.  Charlotte is one of several that I'm watching for the switch from cute sass to brat.  Spunky and sassy is generally fine but gentle correction will teach Charlotte how to behave in public.  Yes she's only 4  and we don't want them to crush her spirit (and of course correcting in public is not the best idea) but my worrywart senses have been activated.

Sorry for the length.   Blush

I happen to agree that she is nearing the end of the age where such silliness is acceptable. The only thing that tells me that they do not let her go away with such behaviour is Carole’s grimace. I think Kate knows better not to reprimand her in full view of the press.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:12 PM »

So I'm not great fan of the Middletons but I thought their presence was practical and handled very well.  My guess is that Nanny Maria was off with Louis (rumor has it they were their just somewhere private) which is logical since a 15 month old on a boat can be a recipe for disaster and/or tantrums.  Michael and Carole watching the older kids was the most logical solution to allow George and Charlotte to participate and still have proper supervision.

Now where I have an unpopular opinion is with Charlotte's sass.  Last year her sass towards RRs at Louis christening was excused because she was 3, RRs are meanie heads, and of course W&K told her off in private.  This year the sticky out her tongue at someone when instructed to wave is being excused because she's only 4, she was probably told to wave at a friend (or William) so that's just cute, if not waving at a friend then RRs/Paps must have been sticking their tongues out at her to get a reaction (like they did to her father and uncle when they were kids), and of course Kate told her off in private and how dare you expect her to do so in public. 

Of course I understand that any parental action would have been widely reported and judged to high heaven but look at how two sass events 13 months apart a being completely excused.  They very same behavior by a 6 or 8 year old would have caused horrible parents and bratty child responses.  At what age does cute sass become brat?  And is this something we will look back on a say was the start of Charlotte the brat?

I could be very wrong but those are just my thoughts.  Charlotte is one of several that I'm watching for the switch from cute sass to brat.  Spunky and sassy is generally fine but gentle correction will teach Charlotte how to behave in public.  Yes she's only 4  and we don't want them to crush her spirit (and of course correcting in public is not the best idea) but my worrywart senses have been activated.

Sorry for the length.   Blush

I happen to agree that she is nearing the end of the age where such silliness is acceptable. The only thing that tells me that they do not let her go away with such behaviour is Carole’s grimace. I think Kate knows better not to reprimand her in full view of the press.

Around the age of 7-8 would be concerning...you know...those old Piaget stages of childhood development. She’s still learning and/or has no ability to understand at the age of 4 that long lenses might catch you poking your tongue out through a window in a building and get splashed all over newspapers allowing people who don’t know you to wag their fingers at your preschool age self.

She’ll get there eventually.  Champagne

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:29 PM »

OH, thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't notice the grimace  Thumb up

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: August 09, 2019, 09:12:32 PM »

I think she was told to wave at the media? If it would have been at the general public waiting to see them maybe Kate wouldn't have laughed.
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: August 09, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »

I think she was told to wave at the media? If it would have been at the general public waiting to see them maybe Kate wouldn't have laughed.

It looked like someone below her
 I doubt Kate or Will would encourage her to wave to the press (who were on the beach using long lens cameras). It was probably too Daddy or George or a school friend and she was being silly. 
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: August 09, 2019, 10:02:42 PM »

I thought, by judging Kate's reaction, that Charlotte was probably reacting to her dad or someone that she is familiar with, and maybe they even stuck their tongue out at her. There were pictures showing Kate making a "face" after Charlotte did this, she too was looking at someone below them. I really don't think Kate would have laughed and made the face had it been the press or the public.

I loved this outing and hope it does become a yearly event. It is a great opportunity for the kids to be seen, while Kate and Wills get to highlight their charities. It looks like everyone involved had a good time. The pics of Kate getting awarded the wooden spoon are some of my favorite pics of the day!
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: August 09, 2019, 10:09:54 PM »

My niece used to poke out her tongue and be a bit cheeky when she was around Charlotte’s age and grew out of it by the time she was 6/7.
I don’t think she’s being sassy or bratty and I doubt the Cambridges or the maternal grandparents would stand for her becoming like that.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: August 09, 2019, 10:42:11 PM »

I have a feeling she will be like Josephine of Denmark. Very spoilt, favored, and sass turning into brattiness. I'd be embarrassed if my kid were sticking their tongue out at lots of people, not encouraging it.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: August 09, 2019, 11:03:32 PM »

I thought, by judging Kate's reaction, that Charlotte was probably reacting to her dad or someone that she is familiar with, and maybe they even stuck their tongue out at her. There were pictures showing Kate making a "face" after Charlotte did this, she too was looking at someone below them. I really don't think Kate would have laughed and made the face had it been the press or the public.

This! I completely agree that Kate/Charlotte was interacting with someone they know. We have seen her handle a Charlotte tantrum and chastise George publically. No reason to go off the deep end and start labeling a 4 year old or parental skills IMO.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: August 09, 2019, 11:28:13 PM »

Charlotte is 4....4.

Star
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: August 09, 2019, 11:37:55 PM »

Nothing Kate has done since we have known he, even as a royal girlfriend, makes me think she would react like that if her daughter was pulling tongues at the public or the media, especially after Kate had pointed them out. I definitely think it was a reaction to someone they knew and who was maybe responding to them in a similar way. Likewise there were other people including Kate's mother there and she appeared to laugh as well, again unlikely if it was aimed at the media or public.

I understand we are all scared by some other royal children who behave like this at formal or semi formal events but this was IMO different. Nothing we have seen of Charlotte suggests she doesn't know how to behave at formal / public events.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: