Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 130441 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #840 on: August 23, 2019, 02:16:12 AM »

The Cambridges have tried to have people's phones confiscated if it even looked like they were taking photos (at the polo, security intimidating teenagers), so obviously they were fine with it because it shows them in a good light - just as they were sudenly okay with the paparazzi photos of them with George in Australia, Kate alone with the kids, etc. It's PR 101.

The plane was surely pre-arranged and booked long before all of this, but allowing people to take photos and video is definitely something they do when they want to look good.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2019, 02:21:43 AM »

William, in particular, has always been pretty good about getting himself photographed while flying budget over the last few years.

Even on a budget flight, they get VIP treatment (prime seats, first on/off, luggage transfer, car waiting on tarmac) so itís not a hardship.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2019, 02:25:54 AM »

Which is why I wonder why they pay over the odds for private jets (though in fairness that is why I imagine they more often "borrow" a plane for free)

Flybe offer different prices depending on how flexible and how much extra service you want (they only offer one class of seat - standard) but you can pay more and have extra baggage, lounge access etc. You bet W&K paid for lowest possible price and yet got service money can't buy.

LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2019, 02:30:03 AM »

Theyll most likely be photographed on the way to church this weekend. With the other couple in the news and private planes there would be questions about how the cambridges got to scotland. Being photographed gets ahead of that.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2019, 03:18:31 AM »

I donít think the departure from the plane was staged. The photos look grainy, like cell phone photos that were then sold to the DM  or whichever paper published them first.

I think they happened to be caught in the right place at the right time and then the world blew it out of proportion.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »

William is no doubt a petty and self-centred man but IMO Harry started this latest round with his incredibly stupid comment about only having two children because of environmental concerns. Who the frack says a thing like that in public when your brother just had his third child. A fool. A stupid fool. A stupid fool who follows his idiotic statement up by jeopardising his brotherís job and future by acting even more stupid afterwards in a way that just continues and continues.

Tl;dr: Harry is an idiot, William isnít wrong trying to show him that IMO.
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2019, 10:07:09 AM »

Even if it was good PR against his brother, Iím not sure why itís a surprise? Harry and Meghan have made an utter fool only themselves this year in regards to their eco credentials and shown in the past week how utterly hypocritical they are. What with that and the allegations against a Prince Andrew the royal family NEED some positive PR, whatever it is.
And as they were going up to Scotland for the holiday, questions would be asked so it seems logical if it was PR to have those photos taken and published.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2019, 02:03:25 PM »

William is no doubt a petty and self-centred man but IMO Harry started this latest round with his incredibly stupid comment about only having two children because of environmental concerns. Who the frack says a thing like that in public when your brother just had his third child. A fool. A stupid fool. A stupid fool who follows his idiotic statement up by jeopardising his brotherís job and future by acting even more stupid afterwards in a way that just continues and continues.

Tl;dr: Harry is an idiot, William isnít wrong trying to show him that IMO.

The quote about 2 children would be hurtful to me if it came from my sibling, even if it was just said out of stupidity rather than malice. I donít actually think the flight was an intentional PR set up. The Cambridgeís have been flying budget and allowing pics to be published without throwing a fit for awhile now. Itís not the Cambridgeís fault that the Sussexís are such a mess that a picture of William and Kate doing ANYthing looks good in comparison. Including flying off to at least their second holiday of the summer.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #848 on: August 23, 2019, 02:15:21 PM »

The two children quote is really going to be interesting when they go one their African trip where large families are the normal. Is Harry going to lecture them as well? I think there is little doubt now that their is a bit of a distance now between the two couples. Kate will make the effort of course but William doesn't do anything he doesn't want to. Great trait in a future King.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2019, 02:45:18 PM »

... William doesn't do anything he doesn't want to. Great trait in a future King.

When in history has it not been true? By now it's a hardwired, inherited trait.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #850 on: August 23, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle

And that says it all!! I mean, Prince William and Kate have a private helicopter parked outside KP grounds that they use whenever they want to fly between KP and Norfolk home, and the media wanted to sell us a down to earth narrative? Laughable!

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #851 on: August 23, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle

Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2019, 03:20:58 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle

I think the point the world is trying to make here is, you can fly your private jets wherever you want, whenever you want.  You want to take a helicopter 16 miles to see your girlfriend?  Great.  Just don't tell the world what they should be doing to save the planet from collapse and then turn right round and do one of the exact things leading to the planet's collapse.

William and Kate have never made the environment one of their top causes.  They have never appeared barefoot at a Google summit and preached about the ways we need to be better in order to save us all from environmental demise and then flown on one of the exact reasons adding to the planet's issues.  William and Kate aren't sticking their foot in it nor are they allowing anyone in their circle or periphery to access social media in defense of any of their dumb ass decisions.

The BRF are royals and no one expects them to fly budget all of the time.  We expect them to fly private and do all those fancy, entitled, rich things that they do because they can and honestly, most of us are fine with it because they normally are not talking down to us or patronising us while they do it.  The difference is that Haz and Megs do.  They can't shut their mouths or live like they are expected and that's what sets us off.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle

I think the point the world is trying to make here is, you can fly your private jets wherever you want, whenever you want.  You want to take a helicopter 16 miles to see your girlfriend?  Great.  Just don't tell the world what they should be doing to save the planet from collapse and then turn right round and do one of the exact things leading to the planet's collapse.

William and Kate have never made the environment one of their top causes.  They have never appeared barefoot at a Google summit and preached about the ways we need to be better in order to save us all from environmental demise and then flown on one of the exact reasons adding to the planet's issues.  William and Kate aren't sticking their foot in it nor are they allowing anyone in their circle or periphery to access social media in defense of any of their dumb ass decisions.

The BRF are royals and no one expects them to fly budget all of the time We expect them to fly private and do all those fancy, entitled, rich things that they do because they can and honestly, most of us are fine with it because they normally are not talking down to us or patronising us while they do it.  The difference is that Haz and Megs do.  They can't shut their mouths or live like they are expected and that's what sets us off.

Prince Charles keeps preeching about evenrionment causes ALL THE TIME while he flies private jet ALL THE TIME  Roll Eyes  Whistle  Thumb down

I do not expect them to fly budget all the time! They can fly 1st class all the times they want! Just not PRIVATE JET  Nono

Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2019, 03:41:12 PM »

Whistle Whistle Whistle

The BRF are royals and no one expects them to fly budget all of the time We expect them to fly private and do all those fancy, entitled, rich things that they do because they can and honestly, most of us are fine with it because they normally are not talking down to us or patronising us while they do it.  The difference is that Haz and Megs do.  They can't shut their mouths or live like they are expected and that's what sets us off.

Prince Charles keeps preeching about evenrionment causes ALL THE TIME while he flies private jet ALL THE TIME  Roll Eyes  Whistle  Thumb down

I do not expect them to fly budget all the time! They can fly 1st class all the times they want! Just not PRIVATE JET  Nono

I never said anything about Charles as these photos were directed at William and Kate only. 

I was speaking from a British standpoint.  Where in reality, no one quite gives a sh*t about the royal family unless it involves a bank holiday.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: