Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 274   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate 2019  (Read 574984 times)
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: July 28, 2020, 08:42:10 PM »

Anyone else take a quick look at the food in the picture and think -  why would they put the food out in foil pans - before doing a double take? Just me, then. Okay . . . .  Blink

Looks like a take away curry. They tend to be delivered in foil containers in the UK

If that is Chicken Tikka Masala, that is a freakin' brilliant statement about diversity, unity and the COMMONWEALTH.
Cor blimey! W&K are goood!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tikka_masala
In 2001, British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook mentioned the dish in a speech acclaiming the benefits of Britain's multiculturalism, declaring:
..."    Chicken tikka masala is now a true British national dish, not only because it is the most popular, but because it is a perfect illustration of the way Britain absorbs and adapts external influences. "

EDIT: wrong pic! it's chicken tandoori!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:01:34 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: July 28, 2020, 08:45:11 PM »

Looks like Indian takeout. Samosas and some chicken dish. I like the mix of silver bowls and a regular old coffee mug. I'd like to think that they get takeout at Amner on the regular and sit in the den and watch football as a family even with Maria and enjoy beer and finger food like normal people.
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3887 on: July 28, 2020, 08:53:06 PM »

Looks like Indian takeout. Samosas and some chicken dish. I like the mix of silver bowls and a regular old coffee mug. I'd like to think that they get takeout at Amner on the regular and sit in the den and watch football as a family even with Maria and enjoy beer and finger food like normal people.

Yeah id go with samosas and something like a tandoori chicken. I'm assuming their staff plated it for them, or maybe not takeaway and someone in house cooked it.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: July 28, 2020, 09:04:17 PM »

Yeah id go with samosas and something like a tandoori chicken. I'm assuming their staff plated it for them, or maybe not takeaway and someone in house cooked it.
It's takeaway: menu for Samrat Tandoori on table.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: July 29, 2020, 02:23:10 AM »

It's takeaway: menu for Samrat Tandoori on table.

God, I love this discussion--what's the takeout, what platter is it served on, and a deep analysis of the picture. This is fun! I adore the sectioned silver platters for Indian food. When I was there two years ago I plumb forgot to buy some to bring home. I have beautiful scarves, though. I'm sure there are Indian stores here I can get them. When my kids were young, they loved going to our friends' house (the ones we went to India with) because the food didn't touch, and they hated food touching other food on the plate. Like freaking out, "It's touching! Move the pea!"
lynaH

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: July 29, 2020, 04:19:20 AM »

http://twitter.com/Kensin...88134620261896195/photo/1

Will and Kate just posted a this picture to twitter and instagram with the words "Coming Soon"?
Any clue what the announcement is?

And the official answer is....

The guest on this week’s That Peter Crouch Podcast is none other than Prince William.
As president of the Football Association, The Duke of Cambridge has been keen to use his role to start conversations around mental health, including helping to rename the 2020 FA Cup final the Heads Up FA Cup final.
“We’re hoping that renaming it is a big enough statement that the UK will show the world, and the football world in particular, that mental health really matters,” William - making his first appearance on a podcast - tells Crouch.
The podcast team met William at Kensington Palace before lockdown - and even shared a curry - before a follow-up Zoom call this month.
During a wide-ranging conversation on BBC Radio 5′s That Peter Crouch Podcast, The Duke of Cambridge revealed that he enjoyed a stag do in Blackpool and that Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was his favourite karaoke song.
The conversation turned to the worst presents they had bought for their partner. After Crouch confessed to buying his wife, model Abbey Clancy, a raincoat three years running, William said: “I did get my wife a pair of binoculars once - she’s never let me forget that.
”That was early on in the courtship, that was - think that sealed the deal. It didn’t go well. Honestly, I have no idea why I bought her a pair of binoculars, it seemed like a good idea at the time.”
What are among the things a royal worries about during lockdown? Home-schooling and keeping young kids entertained, apparently.
“I found it pretty testing, trying to keep the children engaged and interested in some sort of work,” he says. “It’s been an interesting few months.
"I’ve learned my patience is a lot shorter than I thought it was! That’s probably the biggest eye-opener for me, and my wife has super patience.”
He goes on to admit he’s struggled with year two maths. Comforting.
“They deliberately keep me away from that. When Liverpool won that amazing Champions League semi-final against Barcelona [in May 2019], I grabbed hold of the Twitter thing and just posted.
"It was an amazing match, I was blown away by it. It was one of the best games of football I’ve ever seen. I got completely out of control. I was like: ‘Tweet that! Get it out!’”
And nearly every Villa match we’ve won - which isn’t many this season - I’ve been trying to get hold of it, but they keep it away from me now.“
“I’ve met a lot of players. It’s very interesting, how different sports and different teams behave in a changing room,” William says.
“Whenever I go into the England dressing room there does always feel a lot more pressure. I don’t know what it is, but you notice guys find it much more difficult to relax.
“We talk about physical fitness. We never really talk about mental fitness. We all need to stay mentally fit, none more so than profession athletes who - under special circumstances playing for England under huge pressure - have got to have their heads razor sharp as well as their feet and legs.
“I took George and Charlotte to the Norwich v Villa game at Carrow Road. We tried to slip in quietly, but the cameras picked us up. Best game of Villa’s season! It ended 5-1.“

There's another view of the royal takeout feast also . It was not on a coffee table, but a regular one. Somehow that disappoints me.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: July 29, 2020, 04:37:06 AM »

http://twitter.com/Kensin...88134620261896195/photo/1

Will and Kate just posted a this picture to twitter and instagram with the words "Coming Soon"?
Any clue what the announcement is?

And the official answer is....

The guest on this week’s That Peter Crouch Podcast is none other than Prince William.
As president of the Football Association, The Duke of Cambridge has been keen to use his role to start conversations around mental health, including helping to rename the 2020 FA Cup final the Heads Up FA Cup final.
“We’re hoping that renaming it is a big enough statement that the UK will show the world, and the football world in particular, that mental health really matters,” William - making his first appearance on a podcast - tells Crouch.
The podcast team met William at Kensington Palace before lockdown - and even shared a curry - before a follow-up Zoom call this month.
During a wide-ranging conversation on BBC Radio 5′s That Peter Crouch Podcast, The Duke of Cambridge revealed that he enjoyed a stag do in Blackpool and that Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was his favourite karaoke song.
The conversation turned to the worst presents they had bought for their partner. After Crouch confessed to buying his wife, model Abbey Clancy, a raincoat three years running, William said: “I did get my wife a pair of binoculars once - she’s never let me forget that.
”That was early on in the courtship, that was - think that sealed the deal. It didn’t go well. Honestly, I have no idea why I bought her a pair of binoculars, it seemed like a good idea at the time.”
What are among the things a royal worries about during lockdown? Home-schooling and keeping young kids entertained, apparently.
“I found it pretty testing, trying to keep the children engaged and interested in some sort of work,” he says. “It’s been an interesting few months.
"I’ve learned my patience is a lot shorter than I thought it was! That’s probably the biggest eye-opener for me, and my wife has super patience.”
He goes on to admit he’s struggled with year two maths. Comforting.
“They deliberately keep me away from that. When Liverpool won that amazing Champions League semi-final against Barcelona [in May 2019], I grabbed hold of the Twitter thing and just posted.
"It was an amazing match, I was blown away by it. It was one of the best games of football I’ve ever seen. I got completely out of control. I was like: ‘Tweet that! Get it out!’”
And nearly every Villa match we’ve won - which isn’t many this season - I’ve been trying to get hold of it, but they keep it away from me now.“
“I’ve met a lot of players. It’s very interesting, how different sports and different teams behave in a changing room,” William says.
“Whenever I go into the England dressing room there does always feel a lot more pressure. I don’t know what it is, but you notice guys find it much more difficult to relax.
“We talk about physical fitness. We never really talk about mental fitness. We all need to stay mentally fit, none more so than profession athletes who - under special circumstances playing for England under huge pressure - have got to have their heads razor sharp as well as their feet and legs.
“I took George and Charlotte to the Norwich v Villa game at Carrow Road. We tried to slip in quietly, but the cameras picked us up. Best game of Villa’s season! It ended 5-1.“

There's another view of the royal takeout feast also . It was not on a coffee table, but a regular one. Somehow that disappoints me.

Star lynaH!

This article expands a bit about the binoculars:

https://www.usmagazine.co...t-hes-given-duchess-kate/

“I wrapped them. They were really nice,” he continued. “I was trying to convince myself about it. I was like, ‘But these are really amazing, look how far you can see!’”

His wife, whom he wed in 2011, didn’t fall for his enthusiastic explanation.

“She was looking at me going, ‘They’re binoculars, what’s going on?’ It didn’t go well,” William recalled. “Honestly, I have no idea why I bought her a pair of binoculars.”

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: July 29, 2020, 09:07:36 AM »

Weird fancy take-away aside, it sounds like an interesting interview and I'll probably give it a listen

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3893 on: July 29, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »

That gorgeous table top is completely unprotected!  No coasters, no trivets.  I'd go nuts.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: July 29, 2020, 03:54:13 PM »

Weird fancy take-away aside, it sounds like an interesting interview and I'll probably give it a listen

William seems quite adorable. I read some of the excerpts of those hacked phone calls, and he sounds adorable there, too, always trying to see Kate and be in touch with her.

I bet neither of them stray. I think they will make it work. They both understand what’s at stake.

I like how he reveals having kids made him confront his impatience. They do say adults don’t make kids, kids make adults!
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: July 29, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »

I think its funny that there is a big gash in the table at least in the finish. It makes me remember something about how old money people live with broken things and don't bother replacing them something like that.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: July 29, 2020, 06:17:14 PM »

Nice photos released:

Sipping Nescafe from a stained mug in the kitchen every morning became a ritual. Then they took turns making breakfast from Pop Tarts purchased from the all night garage, or nibbled on left over pizza from the Dominos trattoria.
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: July 29, 2020, 06:32:55 PM »

I like the photos but no masks?? No pretense of social distancing? *sigh*

Maybe the table isn't really that nice and is old and not special. (It actually looks quite nice, but may be a working table, not a special table.)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: July 29, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »

It was recorded before lockdown.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: July 29, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »

It was recorded before lockdown.

Yep, plus they added some Zoom-call bits later

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 274   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: