Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News and photos William and Kate  (Read 1424859 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7440 on: June 23, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »

While it's not a favorite, I actually do like the dress she chose for the portrait, and kudos to the painter for capturing it so well. I also like the composition - both are looking off to the left as if the children were there, and maybe about to get up to something.  Smiley

Kate wore the Cambridge Pearl Pendant for the portrait. While in reality the dress is so shiny it would really guild the lily to wear it, the brooch does work for the portrait.

That's one enormous pearl!

It came down through Queen Mary's grandmother, also a Duchess of Cambridge.

The brooch she is wearing belonged initially to Princess Augusta, Duchess of Cambridge, who is Prince William's great-great-great-great-grandmother. It was passed down in her female line and worn by her daughter Princess Mary Adelaide, Duchess of Teck, then Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth.

Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #7441 on: June 23, 2022, 06:37:37 PM »

I really don’t like the painting. First, it isn’t bringing the viewer in. They are looking at something else that we aren’t privy too. And that, frankly, is a frequent critique with Cambridges…they don’t let people in. And honestly, it almost looks like they are smirking at whatever they are looking at. Then, Wills eyes are brown in the painting. He has beautiful blues but just randomly make them brown? And he never stands like that. Ever. Now, whether you like Kates green dress or not, it certainly isn’t classic and it won’t stand the test of time. I would have done something much more classic for the first joint painting.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7442 on: June 23, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »

I like the painting, it's one of the most real life paintings I've seen in a while, when comparing all kinds of royal portraits. The artis hit the nail, and they both look very nice.

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #7443 on: June 23, 2022, 07:04:28 PM »

Some fun @CambsCountyDay

The Duke and Duchess of #Cambridge were shown inside a modular home for the homeless on a visit to @Jimmyscambridge
 https://cambridgeindepend...n-modular-9260662/…
@KensingtonRoyal
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 08:02:36 PM by Aubiette » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7444 on: June 23, 2022, 08:23:30 PM »

Cordelia: Kate heard our pleas.....

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7445 on: June 23, 2022, 08:33:00 PM »

Cordelia: Kate heard our pleas.....

Wedge Espadrilles!!!!! 
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7446 on: June 23, 2022, 10:24:36 PM »

The facial likeness is very good. The proportions are a bit 'off'. I do not like the dress it is like a refashioning of a shiny bed cover.

The blue dress today is very pretty.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7447 on: June 23, 2022, 10:55:44 PM »

I really don’t like the painting. First, it isn’t bringing the viewer in. They are looking at something else that we aren’t privy too. And that, frankly, is a frequent critique with Cambridges…they don’t let people in. And honestly, it almost looks like they are smirking at whatever they are looking at. Then, Wills eyes are brown in the painting. He has beautiful blues but just randomly make them brown? And he never stands like that. Ever. Now, whether you like Kates green dress or not, it certainly isn’t classic and it won’t stand the test of time. I would have done something much more classic for the first joint painting.

I agree with all of this. There's no denying the talent of the painting - it is extremely life like but her outfit is already so dated and the painting was just revealed today!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #7448 on: June 23, 2022, 10:59:46 PM »

Agree 100% - that dress will age (an has already) badly. they should have just done a relatively plain dress in same colour, heck even the sleeves would have been okay. I like the faces, crop the bodies out and it is very good.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7449 on: June 24, 2022, 01:13:47 AM »

Should I tell my grandfather the shoemaker about Prince William's brown shoes?
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #7450 on: June 24, 2022, 01:25:10 AM »

I like the painting, it's one of the most real life paintings I've seen in a while, when comparing all kinds of royal portraits. The artis hit the nail, and they both look very nice.

My first thought was that it looks like a photograph on canvas.  I imagine the artist did work from a photo.  (I don't know for sure.)  I don't hate it; I don't love it ... it looks all right.  Typical of portraits today unless they're abstracts ...  Oh for John Singer Sargent!  Or better, Heinrich von Angeli.  But if these artists are only working from photos and never get more than one in-person sitting [if they're lucky] what can we expect? 

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #7451 on: June 24, 2022, 01:32:23 AM »

My first thought was that it looks like a photograph on canvas.  I imagine the artist did work from a photo.  (I don't know for sure.)  I don't hate it; I don't love it ... it looks all right.  Typical of portraits today unless they're abstracts ...  Oh for John Singer Sargent!  Or better, Heinrich von Angeli.  But if these artists are only working from photos and never get more than one in-person sitting [if they're lucky] what can we expect? 

Thanks for introducing me to Heinrich von Angeli!  I so agree...John Singer Sargent's portraits were timeless perfection.  This artist is quite talented, to be sure.

PS: Gems...why no funny avatars??  Sad
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #7452 on: June 24, 2022, 02:01:03 AM »

The portrait is so very life like that it almost looks like a photo. A little malicious perhaps, that Kate's growing glory of hair looks very thin and meh in that portrait...

Au contraire! I suspect it’s to avoid the “Time Magazine Cover” look! 😹
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7453 on: June 24, 2022, 02:54:12 AM »

I've rarely seen William take such a jaunty stance in real life. It's a little cocky for a man who is taking his role very seriously but it's a nice very photorealistic portrait.
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #7454 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:40 PM »

Thanks for introducing me to Heinrich von Angeli!  I so agree...John Singer Sargent's portraits were timeless perfection.  This artist is quite talented, to be sure.

PS: Gems...why no funny avatars??  Sad

I've been experimenting with some larger memes; I guess they don't show up sometimes.  I'm going to replace it with a "classic" today  Wink
Sorry for thread hijack. 

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: