Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Albert & Charlene 2019- News & Events  (Read 59747 times)
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: November 06, 2019, 09:43:43 AM »

The days around their wedding, I remember the greek media mentioning that there were rumours about Charlene trying to go out of Monaco but I hadn't believed them. It seemed too much, a tabloid rumour like most of the crazy, false tabloid rumours. IMO, if this marriage is a strict financial transaction is stupid. She really needed the money? She needed the money so much that she got paid to have children with a man who didn't love? Not to mention that if this marriage is a paid job for Charlene, she has failed miseably because she should do her job right, attending events and speaking the language fluently. Albert made a huge mistake, both of them did.

I think it actually worked for them, if it's a simple transaction. She gets money and perks, he gets 2 healthy and beautiful kids who can take on the role after him. I doubt he cares for whether she accompanies him to major events, or whether she works for charity - there seems to be nothing much to do in Monaco anyway. Happy to be corrected though if that's not the case.
I'm not sure how well it's working. As Pricipessa said, they're not hurting anyone and their kids seem great and well-behaved but imo she doesn't do her work well meaning she should work more on Monaco and for Monaco and the whole thing maybe creats problem in the general image for Monaco. I mean if it's so obvious that the wife of the Prince doesn't want to do anything with the country...

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2019, 04:20:13 PM »

The days around their wedding, I remember the greek media mentioning that there were rumours about Charlene trying to go out of Monaco but I hadn't believed them. It seemed too much, a tabloid rumour like most of the crazy, false tabloid rumours. IMO, if this marriage is a strict financial transaction is stupid. She really needed the money? She needed the money so much that she got paid to have children with a man who didn't love? Not to mention that if this marriage is a paid job for Charlene, she has failed miseably because she should do her job right, attending events and speaking the language fluently. Albert made a huge mistake, both of them did.

I think it actually worked for them, if it's a simple transaction. She gets money and perks, he gets 2 healthy and beautiful kids who can take on the role after him. I doubt he cares for whether she accompanies him to major events, or whether she works for charity - there seems to be nothing much to do in Monaco anyway. Happy to be corrected though if that's not the case.
I'm not sure how well it's working. As Pricipessa said, they're not hurting anyone and their kids seem great and well-behaved but imo she doesn't do her work well meaning she should work more on Monaco and for Monaco and the whole thing maybe creats problem in the general image for Monaco. I mean if it's so obvious that the wife of the Prince doesn't want to do anything with the country...

Exactly. I worry how the twins will process this unusual arrangement under the red hot glare they are already under. And for Jacques especially, having a mother who can’t or won’t support Monaco will be very confusing and could create family rifts.
Victoria38

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2019, 10:21:10 PM »

Exactly. I worry how the twins will process this unusual arrangement under the red hot glare they are already under. And for Jacques especially, having a mother who can’t or won’t support Monaco will be very confusing and could create family rifts.

I absolutely agree. Duty has to be instilled in royal/princely children through the example of both parents being dedicated to their roles. Unless Charlene changes her attitude towards Monaco in the future it's easy to imagine the children asking why they should be made to do things they don't want to do when their mother dosn't. She may be a loving mother but it's also her duty to be a conscientious Princess of Monaco which she just isn't.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2019, 04:12:27 PM »

Albert & Charlène attended a gift-giving event at the Red Cross headquarters in Monaco today.
And she looks like she was attending a funeral...not a smile in sight  Yikes

https://www.gettyimages.f...y=editorial&sort=best

https://www.dailymail.co....as-gift-giving-event.html

Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2019, 04:18:00 PM »

She looks so sad. Is it that bad being married to Albert?
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2019, 04:18:39 PM »

Unsmiling and disconnected. Also, too much filler and surgery - maybe she can't move her face anymore. But to be so distant on such a high profile event (the Grimaldis are always at the Red Cross stuff), and openly unhappy, well, silence speaks volumes here.

I mean, we all knew that this was not the best situation, given the things that happened around the wedding. And while she genuinely lights up around her chlidren, being married to Albert can't be a great experience on many levels, on any given day. But damn, woman, you had an idea of what you were getting into...

I wouldn't be surprised if a divorce is on the horizon.

Lady Hermione

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2019, 06:16:59 PM »

Good grief woman! If it's that awful don't go! She looks like a wet weekend.
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »

She seems really distant.

Pulsatilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »

Nothing to do with Albert as a person IMHO. But this happens when
a) you are marrying for money and status instead for love
b) you are biting off more than you can chew which means that she has neither the manners nor the education necessary for the position and is obviously too stupid or too arrogant (or both) to learn what she has to learn.

Victoria38

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »

I'm very sorry to say it but I don't think a formal separation is too far off now. She is making no effort whatsoever and it is becoming more damaging to have her attend things than to miss them altogether. Albert must see how insulting her behaviour is to their hosts, it surely can't continue like this.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:25 PM »

b) you are biting off more than you can chew which means that she has neither the manners nor the education necessary for the position and is obviously too stupid or too arrogant (or both) to learn what she has to learn.

Something about her expression reminds me of a similar photo shoot outside the Taj Mahal.
LongMaySheReign

Micro Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2019, 07:29:13 PM »

She couldn't look more miserable if she tried.

Absolutely. The fact she still doesn't speak french is pretty telling.
dhb

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2019, 07:42:14 PM »

She is really useless and a waste to the principality and its citizens/residents. There's no use in keeping up pretenses when pictures speak louder than a thousand words. This has been a farce since the beginning so something's gotta give..
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2019, 08:22:03 PM »

That is an....interesting clothing choice. Shes really filled out quite a bit it seems, in the midsection. Even from the twins' first day of school outfit she looks heavier.

A few years ago I think he lost some weight and she tried to give a sh*t and they looked loved up and we all wondered what was up. Looks like everyone regressed to form. Wonder if Al has a new mistress or a new secret love child somewhere.

If they announce anything it would be after the holidays, right?
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »

Heck, it almost looks as if her face is frozen, and she can't actually move it.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: