Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Luxembourg: picture thread  (Read 145114 times)
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2019, 01:03:40 PM »

I had such high hopes for Claire: a smart, loaded and very tall German woman who had shacked up with one of the less ugly Lux lads and could bring both glamour and Teutonic efficiency to the Lux RF. She's had two lovely kids, but everything has been very strange otherwise. Her fashion is a bit off, she called her second kid 'Liam' for some reason, there was the odd business with the Vatican Christening. And we haven't seen her in Lux for months. Come on, Big Claire, pull it together!

Sorry, but what's wrong with the name Liam? It sounds like a normal name to me.

I think it's ok as a name, but not as a royal name. I also don't like when people use diminutives as given names, but that's a personal bugbear

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »

I had such high hopes for Claire: a smart, loaded and very tall German woman who had shacked up with one of the less ugly Lux lads and could bring both glamour and Teutonic efficiency to the Lux RF. She's had two lovely kids, but everything has been very strange otherwise. Her fashion is a bit off, she called her second kid 'Liam' for some reason, there was the odd business with the Vatican Christening. And we haven't seen her in Lux for months. Come on, Big Claire, pull it together!

I think it's ok as a name, but not as a royal name. I also don't like when people use diminutives as given names, but that's a personal bugbear

Agree. I also don't get like names like Mia, Annie, Sasha as given birth names etc. to name a few.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:38:27 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: April 06, 2019, 02:30:25 PM »

It's not a diminutive for me, it's an Irish version of Guillaume.  I've never heard of it as a diminutive but as a given name in its own right.  With no Irish connection, it's an inappropriate name - should be Luxembourgish, French, German or a family name.

Though I disagree with Liam being a diminutive, I totally agree on using shortened names as given names!  Especially (as has happened in my family) if followed up with full names  Crap
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: April 06, 2019, 03:14:16 PM »

It's not a diminutive for me, it's an Irish version of Guillaume.  I've never heard of it as a diminutive but as a given name in its own right.  With no Irish connection, it's an inappropriate name - should be Luxembourgish, French, German or a family name.

Though I disagree with Liam being a diminutive, I totally agree on using shortened names as given names!  Especially (as has happened in my family) if followed up with full names  Crap

Totally agree: As a first name for a royal baby, it is nice to have something a bit more traditional and ideally historical, like Charles, or Jean or William, which all pop up in the last few generations. Maybe they are saving 'Henri' but Liam is such an un-Luxembourgish name.  It's not even a name that appears in Claire's family. It's odd, to me.

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2019, 02:15:33 AM »

If Liam ever should become the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, he could use Guillaume as his regnal name.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: April 16, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »

Sebastien is 27 today

And Handsome Henri is 64!  Cool

Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: April 16, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, Lady Adelaide. Happy birthday to father and son. GD lokks as handsome as ever and Sebastien a bit better  --the  lapels seem to be  hand-stitched.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: April 16, 2019, 01:56:28 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, Lady Adelaide. Happy birthday to father and son. GD lokks as handsome as ever and Sebastien a bit better  --the  lapels seem to be  hand-stitched.
It does, doesn't it? It looks odd.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: April 16, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »

It does, doesn't it? It looks odd.

Henri is a good looking man but I have to wonder how old these photos are - 5 years or more at least
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2019, 02:15:13 PM »

If Liam ever should become the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, he could use Guillaume as his regnal name.
Amalia would go first, according to the new rules, Lux does not have a semi salic law anymore, should G & S have no offspring, first it's Félix, then his daughter. And Amalia is a very fitting name. There might even come the time where 2 Amalias are reigning on the Benelux, and even more, 2 queens and a Grand-Duchess in their own rights.  Smiley
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: June 12, 2019, 02:25:26 PM »

Two new photos of MT

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: June 12, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »

so there is a working camera in Luxembourg!

Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »

so there is a working camera in Luxembourg!

Wow they dug up a 30 year old photo ... no way does she look like that ...
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: June 12, 2019, 03:25:16 PM »

The pics are new but they used too much photoshop.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: June 12, 2019, 03:55:58 PM »

Way too much photoshop... And I personally do not like the hair style on her.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: