Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Duchess Maria Teresa  (Read 55206 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »

Laugh bounce Laugh bounce

genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2018, 12:39:22 AM »

Star Nice Find!  I love it!   Laugh bounce

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2018, 01:53:54 AM »

Ariba MT!

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »

She is one of my favourite royals out there . No matter if it is act or not, you feel close to her and that's a job well done!
Royal Di

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 10:16:23 PM »

A few questions and answers from a 2002 Hello magazine interview with Maria Teresa.

How did you meet Grand Duke Henri?
"He went to study Political Science in Geneva and stayed at the house of a family who were close friends both of his parents and of my parents.  Javier, the family's eldest son, was a great friend of mine, who knew that I was about to start the same course.  One day he said to me: "We have a special guest coming this September. He's going to start at the university and he'll be a little bit lost.  It would be great if you could help him with all the paperwork, hang out with him...'  I said, "A special guest?  Who are you talking about?'  He replied, "It's the Hereditary Grand Duke Of Luxembourg."

"The first time I saw my husband my heart skipped a beat.  I began to hang out with him and help him at University.  The result was we fell in love and went out together for five years.  It was kept absolutely secret - from our friends, our parents, the whole world.  My parents had him round for dinner every evening, but it was a complete secret.  That's why when our engagement was announced, no one here (in Luxembourg) was expecting it in the slightest."

It can't be easy being a Grand Duchess?
"It is without doubt a demanding life, harder than one would imagine.  It requires great personal discipline.  I think someone in this position has to have a strong personality to carry out their obligations."
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2019, 05:00:37 AM »

A few questions and answers from a 2002 Hello magazine interview with Maria Teresa.

"He went to study Political Science in Geneva and stayed at the house of a family who were close friends both of his parents and of my parents.  Javier, the family's eldest son, was a great friend of mine, who knew that I was about to start the same course.  One day he said to me: "We have a special guest coming this September. He's going to start at the university and he'll be a little bit lost.  It would be great if you could help him with all the paperwork, hang out with him...'  I said, "A special guest?  Who are you talking about?'  He replied, "It's the Hereditary Grand Duke Of Luxembourg."

"The first time I saw my husband my heart skipped a beat.  I began to hang out with him and help him at University.  The result was we fell in love and went out together for five years.  It was kept absolutely secret - from our friends, our parents, the whole world.  My parents had him round for dinner every evening, but it was a complete secret.  That's why when our engagement was announced, no one here (in Luxembourg) was expecting it in the slightest."

"It is without doubt a demanding life, harder than one would imagine.  It requires great personal discipline. I think someone in this position has to have a strong personality to carry out their obligations."

Well I guess she needed a strong personality to deal with her MIL . . I'm not sure about her sentiments - I think anyone in that position needs to be very self confident and assertive in their own way and not be a shy retiring person who cannot deal with the attention and meet and greet workload.  I can think of several royal wives who are less exuberant than MT but are successful in their roles.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2019, 01:08:57 PM »

"It is without doubt a demanding life, harder than one would imagine.  It requires great personal discipline. I think someone in this position has to have a strong personality to carry out their obligations."

Well I guess she needed a strong personality to deal with her MIL . . I'm not sure about her sentiments - I think anyone in that position needs to be very self confident and assertive in their own way and not be a shy retiring person who cannot deal with the attention and meet and greet workload.  I can think of several royal wives who are less exuberant than MT but are successful in their roles.
I think she handled her MIL very well all things considered, noone knew their relationship was that strained until her death. MT made sure nothing leaked on that regard, then, she did that press conference, and in a polite way told her side of the story, her husband by her side and that was it.

You go, girl!  Champagne
Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2019, 12:42:39 PM »

Yesterday, MT visited the Lux artist Jaques Schneider, Kritzel Fabrik, to discover his work, following the forum Stand Speak Rise Up !. She also inaugurated a new wall of signature where people can sign to show their support against sexual violence against women. It is really nice to see that this project continues and that the forum was only the start for this and that she continues to support this topic. She also met with a delegation from the Lux city tourist office who gave her a cheque for the GD foundation that will also be used for projects helping those women. The money for this cheque came from the profit the tours of the palais last summer made.

Trier1

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »

Today, MT presented the white paper of the Stand Speak Rise Up! forum. The cour has a video in which she speaks about it. Great that she continues this important work!
https://youtu.be/7krjG7fu9TE
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2019, 09:17:25 AM »

Today, MT presented the white paper of the Stand Speak Rise Up! forum. The cour has a video in which she speaks about it. Great that she continues this important work!
https://youtu.be/7krjG7fu9TE

Absolutely - she seems very committed to it and is helping encourage discussion.

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: