Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Itís a Boy!  (Read 84948 times)
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2019, 02:58:58 PM »

I just think the way they went about trying to not draw attention is drawing even more attention. That may be what MEghan is looking for in my opinion  Halo

Given who they are no matter what they said or did they would be dragged for it, they might as well do it the way they want.  Itís not as though theyíve refused to give any information at all or are hiding the baby away, we know all we need to know and today we get to see pictures.  No one can explain to me why itís so important to know the name of the person who delivered him or the exact location, it changes nothing. 

Well on the basis that the UK taxpayer funds them and the circus that goes with them then an appropriate handling of "PR" would go with that. I don't care who the medical staff were - if they want a "private life" which Imelda sure does not - then Harry can pay for the next 100 years of his family with no assistance. Oh and I don't expect my country to pay for the next "babymoon" - that is just a wannabe pap stroll US style - well I guess she wanted to be famous there but did not get it there -Don't come back - we will not miss you

They didnít ask for a private life, just some privacy at the time of birth, not unreasonable.  Iíd consider the way they have done it far more dignified and Royal than the ridiculous media scrum outside the Lindo Wing for days on end.  I hope they do bring the baby out and about with them and let the country see him, why not?
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »

There was still media all over the place it just wasn't reported. Everyone knew that Kate was going to be at St. Mary's. She actually left the hospital pretty quickly because she felt fine and she wanted to get home. There was no guessing what they were doing. We have friends that have been staying in Windsor on holidays the last few days and there have been media everywhere hanging about.
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »

Her body definitely changed - her walk when captured on pictures is not that graceful.

That hand on the shoulder photo reminds me of Mary and Frodo... lol.

Me too 

Well the good news is that we will probably be doing this again next year because if they want another child no way is she going to wait a couple of years to get pregnant again.

Definitely ! I expect a second pregnancy in the next 12 months...

Part of me doesn't think she will have another, because she's not going to like what pregnancy does to her body - I believe that she is that vain. I have a feeling she'll say to the bub what my SIL said to my niece: "You ruined my body!!", especially if it doesn't snap back to pre-pregnancy dimensions to where she can't wear things she used to.

I also think that she's got her anchor. No matter what happens now, she's the mother of a prince. Whether the marriage lasts or not, she's set.

Now we wait to see if she understands that she's overplayed her hand. She's obtuse enough that I don't think she'll ever get it.

I'm with you, Lady Alice. All of the photos/videos/interviews from her pre-Harry days seemed to revolve around fashion, clothes, travel, self-promotion, and her *brand*. She never struck me as the motherly type - just grasping, gold-digging, and overly infatuated with herself. Her actions since becoming a royal haven't changed at all, and I just can't see a baby changing things either. If anything, it gives her even more reason for self-promotion. I mean, based on all of the bump holding/touching/displays, she clearly thought she was the first woman to ever give birth. That said, I do begrudgingly -- very, very begrudgingly -- give her kudos for embracing her body as it is right now and not trying to hide it.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »

The media scrum outside the Lindo wing is famously controlled and calm.  Because everyone knows what is happening.  They know the rules.  And it's a tried and true formula.

It works.  This didn't.

Cut the ribbons, HazBeens and leave the game changing to others.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »

Regardless of whether you like her or not, I have to give her credit for getting dolled up and wearing heels and a nice dress so soon after the birth. I imagine if I have kids that'll take a couple of weeks!! Like her sister in law, I admire her also for not being afraid to show off her post pregnancy belly  Thumb up
Molina

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2019, 03:27:43 PM »

They didnít ask for a private life, just some privacy at the time of birth, not unreasonable.  Iíd consider the way they have done it far more dignified and Royal than the ridiculous media scrum outside the Lindo Wing for days on end.  I hope they do bring the baby out and about with them and let the country see him, why not?

Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up 

I agree! I think the scrum thing is ridiculous and hard on someone who's just given birth. This seems a fair compromise. (And I think she deserved a few additional days, really)

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2019, 03:29:08 PM »

Harry looks happy.

Well, at the risk of once again being the board cynic... all that waiting, press coverage, speculation and drama for...that.  Y'all are honestly going to say that this was better than the same 3 minutes out front of the hospital?  Especially since after the photo call, the new family tends to disappear and we here literally nothing from them for weeks on end?

I understand that Megs may have been concerned about her post pregnancy look but come on.

Personally, I think Sweden does it best.  A press conference by the husband and doctors answering questions and giving descriptions.  A photo of the baby and parents leaving the hospital with professional photos released after a few days along with the name.

I hope BP has learned from this mess and any future pregnancies/births will be handled in a more impressive manner.

Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »

The baby is darling. Meghan seemed to be constantly fiddling with her hair.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: May 08, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »

The baby is darling. Meghan seemed to be constantly fiddling with her hair.

Well I guess her hands have to go somewhere....
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: May 08, 2019, 03:50:59 PM »

I just think the way they went about trying to not draw attention is drawing even more attention. That may be what MEghan is looking for in my opinion  Halo

Given who they are no matter what they said or did they would be dragged for it, they might as well do it the way they want.  Itís not as though theyíve refused to give any information at all or are hiding the baby away, we know all we need to know and today we get to see pictures.  No one can explain to me why itís so important to know the name of the person who delivered him or the exact location, it changes nothing. 

Well on the basis that the UK taxpayer funds them and the circus that goes with them then an appropriate handling of "PR" would go with that. I don't care who the medical staff were - if they want a "private life" which Imelda sure does not - then Harry can pay for the next 100 years of his family with no assistance. Oh and I don't expect my country to pay for the next "babymoon" - that is just a wannabe pap stroll US style - well I guess she wanted to be famous there but did not get it there -Don't come back - we will not miss you

They didnít ask for a private life, just some privacy at the time of birth, not unreasonable.  Iíd consider the way they have done it far more dignified and Royal than the ridiculous media scrum outside the Lindo Wing for days on end.  I hope they do bring the baby out and about with them and let the country see him, why not?

They can travel privately anywhere they want - just not at the expense of foreign taxpayers.... IMO they piggybacked on Invictus last year and we picked up the tab big time... but I'm guessing we will get stung with another "Commonwealth" visit soon enough...
lizzie78

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: May 08, 2019, 03:52:06 PM »

The media scrum outside the Lindo wing is famously controlled and calm.  Because everyone knows what is happening.  They know the rules.  And it's a tried and true formula.

It works.  This didn't.

Cut the ribbons, HazBeens and leave the game changing to others.

Star
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »

Going to be a fun playmate for Louis and little Charlotte still the only girl cousin on both sides of her family.
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »

I wonder why they still have not confirmed the place of birth. I don't see what the big deal is.
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »

I wonder why they still have not confirmed the place of birth. I don't see what the big deal is.

Especially when a birth certificate is public record.
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »

The baby is cute, but his parents still seem awkward around each other.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: