Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Itís a Boy!  (Read 92631 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »

Canít put my finger on it but the birth announcement posted on the royal easel looks different in terms of the format used for all other births in the last 20 years I have been following the BRF? 🤔

No doctor signatures, no handwritten time. But based on the BRF's recent communications incompetence, we should be glad it wasn't printed in comic sans

Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce

FC - another one whem time allows  Star

Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2019, 10:50:33 PM »

Congratulations  to the Sussexes and welcome to the little one  Beer

That baby chose a good date : it's also my birthday today 

Happy birthday, Elissa!!  Hug

Muchas gracias  Banana Star

Happy birthday, Elissa. Champagne Beer

Happy birthday to you Elissa!!  Banana Champagne

Thank you !!  Banana Star Beer

Well, if the baby shares some personality traits with me... he will not like arrogant and show-off people 

Many happy returns Elissa Banana
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »

Banana

Many happy returns Elissa Banana

Thank you Booklover !  Star Banana

Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2019, 11:19:11 PM »

Oh, I hadnít realized Harry and his wife were reproducing.  How thoughtful of them, giving Uncle Andy the relief he and his ex-wife crave - time away from the spotlight.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2019, 11:22:11 PM »

Canít put my finger on it but the birth announcement posted on the royal easel looks different in terms of the format used for all other births in the last 20 years I have been following the BRF? 🤔

No doctor signatures, no handwritten time. But based on the BRF's recent communications incompetence, we should be glad it wasn't printed in comic sans

Laugh bounce

But why is a doctors signature necessary? Over here in the Netherlands many children are born under guidance of a midwife, only seeing a doctor in case of issues and later on (regular and general baby and infant checks)

I think with a royal birth doctors signatures are needed for any child directly in line to the throne?

Yes, that is the point I have been trying to make. And if a doctor wasnít present, how can such authorisation be given retrospectively without tests. No need for the attacks on me, please. I am raising questions that many royal observers have also raised today after the very odd announcement format and wording. ✌️

Thousands of babies are born in the UK under direct supervision of mid-wives.  Mid-wives are well educated and clinically trained individuals.  They are licensed by their respective medical/nursing boards.  Thus they are " in charge" of a delivery ;  are as medically and legally responsible as a physician would be.  They  write up the medical record which serves as the basis for the birth certificate.   All of the above makes any baby "official" and no child has to have DNA to prove anything.  Hope this  should clear things up
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2019, 11:23:59 PM »

Laugh bounce

But why is a doctors signature necessary? Over here in the Netherlands many children are born under guidance of a midwife, only seeing a doctor in case of issues and later on (regular and general baby and infant checks)

I think with a royal birth doctors signatures are needed for any child directlyj in line to the throne?

I think we all are confusing tradition with legality.  Mid-wives are licensed to deliver babies independently in the UK.
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »

Harry looked very ecstatic when he spoke to the media, it looks like fatherhood has been something heís wanted for a longtime. Whatever I think of the parents, I do hope this baby has love. Looking forward to the name announcement. A lot of people I know from America are saying Spencer as a first name. Not too sure on that one! 
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2019, 11:29:52 PM »

Richard Palmer reports that the location of the birth is still up in the air between Frogmore Cottage and a private hospital.  Likely won't know until the birth certificate is available to the public.

https://twitter.com/Royal...tatus/1125514282622509066

Also, happy birthday Elissa!

Hug
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:38:33 PM by Antevorta » Logged
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2019, 11:29:58 PM »

It's now being reported that the baby was delivered at the Portland (where Bea and Eugenie were both born). In that case, the birth certificate will show London, not Windsor.

https://www.dailymail.co....ivate-hospital-birth.html

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
kookai

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2019, 11:36:05 PM »

Can’t put my finger on it but the birth announcement posted on the royal easel looks different in terms of the format used for all other births in the last 20 years I have been following the BRF?

Laugh bounce

I think with a royal birth doctors signatures are needed for any child directly in line to the throne?

Yes, that is the point I have been trying to make. And if a doctor wasn’t present, how can such authorisation be given retrospectively without tests. No need for the attacks on me, please. I am raising questions that many royal observers have also raised today after the very odd announcement format and wording. ✌️

Im not attacking at all, I just seem to remember that only children directly in line needed signatures? I may be, and am probably wrong! ☺ Xx

The York girls’ announcements were also signed by doctors. There is some law that applies to British aristocracy in relation to birth and who can inherit titles that may require signatures or witnesses but don’t know the details.
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »

Itís sad that there is no signatures as, for me personally, it looks more professional and more Ďroyalí. I mean if we are going to have the family, they might as well act the part.
I can understand her needing to go to the hospital as she was a week overdue and classed as a geriatric mother so at a higher risk.
VanillaMoomin

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2019, 11:39:09 PM »

Laugh bounce

Yes, that is the point I have been trying to make. And if a doctor wasnít present, how can such authorisation be given retrospectively without tests. No need for the attacks on me, please. I am raising questions that many royal observers have also raised today after the very odd announcement format and wording. ✌️

Im not attacking at all, I just seem to remember that only children directly in line needed signatures? I may be, and am probably wrong! ☺ Xx

The York girlsí announcements were also signed by doctors. There is some law that applies to British aristocracy in relation to birth and who can inherit titles that may require signatures or witnesses.

But they are HRHs and young Lord Dumbarton isnít.  What about Lady Louise? Was her birth announcement signed?
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2019, 11:40:41 PM »

Richard Palmer reports that the location of the birth is still up in the air between Frogmore Cottage and a private hospital.  Likely won't know until the birth certificate is available to the public.

https://twitter.com/Royal...tatus/1125514282622509066

Also, happy birthday Elissa!

Hug

Thnank you !  Star

The plot thickens...

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:10 PM »

Itís sad that there is no signatures as, for me personally, it looks more professional and more Ďroyalí. I mean if we are going to have the family, they might as well act the part.
I can understand her needing to go to the hospital as she was a week overdue and classed as a geriatric mother so at a higher risk.

I prefer the signatures and handwritten time of birth because it makes the birth look unplanned.  

Whereas, a completely typed statement comes across as being done beforehand.  Though, I suppose they did have a solid 9 hours to get the statement ready for release.
tsarinya

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2019, 11:43:53 PM »

I still donít get their excuse of not including the signatures as means to protect the childís privacy. Thank he child will be anything but private and in a few days we will know. I suppose this is another case of Meghan and Harry Ďmodernising the Royal familyí and Ďdoing things their own wayí.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: