Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Godparents to Baby Sussex  (Read 125915 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: July 07, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »

It's actually right to unbutton your jacket when seated...that's the only thing he got right with this outfit.  He is really not suited to lighter colors...a midtone grey with black socks and black leather shoes would have been better.  Maybe a proper light grey not this stone/white/grey/beige combo.
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: July 07, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »

This is the best outfit I have ever seen on Catherine. The pink dress combined with red shoes and red hairband is so beautiful and smart.

Harry looks awful, as usual, and he should have buttoned his jacket to prevent his tie from escaping down his thighs.

The baby looks like any other baby. Other people's babies all look the same to me.

I don't remember where I first heard it, but at some point growing up I was told all babies look like Winston Churchill, and it's often true...
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: July 07, 2019, 02:40:38 PM »

Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: July 07, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »

Cute baby but a lot of tension in the body and facial language of the adults around. Lovely to see the Spencer sisters and Doria Ragland, a pity the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh couldn't be there. The duchesses of Cambridge and Cornwall are dressed very well but have slightly distorted smiles that don't reach their eyes. Prince William's face is indeed priceless.

The young parents look happy and in love with each other and their little boy. But they seem to me like an island, nearly defensive, cut off from the people around them.

Why the secrecy about something so pedestrian like choice of godparents? why the Dior dress instead of a British designer? why is Harry so protective and closes off his wife from his family? At least she's not smirking but seems to be really happy with her baby. And that's a really cute baby. I wish him all the best and hope the adults in his life, especially his father and uncle, can find a way to bridge their differences.

I'm not usually one of the "oooh where's Diana?" sighers and this is not her thread anyway...  but here I truly feel she's missing. Four grandchildren, one cuter than the other, and she would have loved them. She would have hated to see her sons so distant with each other. Maybe the aunts can help? How they must miss their sister.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: July 07, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »

The Duchess of Sussex was wearing Dior and the Duchess of Cambridge was in Stella McCartney for Archie’s christening today. Two photographs taken by Chris Allerton in the Green Drawing Room and the Rose Garden at Windsor Castle have been released.

no one looks happy
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: July 07, 2019, 03:44:46 PM »

Notice in the b/w pic, Archie looks like he's sleeping, and Harry looks like his eyes are closed too. Snore Snore Snore

No one is looking at Meghan. Nono

We won't read too much into that. Thinking
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: July 07, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »

Apparently George, Charlotte and Louise weren't there.  Fair enough that they're not in the photos, as it's Archie's day, but how odd that his cousins aren't there at all, especially as it's not a school day, so there’s no reason for them not to be.  Savannah and Isla were pictured leaving the church at Lena’s Christening.  You know, like a normal family…

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: July 07, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »

Carreen I really like your posts you have a real sensitive and thoughtful reaction to things. Tension is right! Lots of it here I wonder how hard it is for these people to all be together again. It is also more proof of Charles' grace in the face of his sons' idiocy I mean he used to date Lady Sarah yes a million years ago but Harry puts him in a weird position to have Sarah and Jane substitute for Diana. Not even William did that and he screams mummy is dead more often. It is interesting to me that Meghan is leaning into and against Harry in the formal photo that is deliberate and "ruins" the symmetry of the picture but she is sending us a personal message with that. I got my man and baby eat it peasants. Makes the earrings that Kate is wearing that much better she could have lent them to Meghan but she put them on herself haha love it. M&H don't have all the control they think they do.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: July 07, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »

I'm not sure for Louise and James (especially with the age gap) but IIRK the elder cousins attended the younger cousins christenings for the rest of the Queen's grandchildren.  Though with the gossip that's floated around I really can't blame William and Kate for keeping their kids away.  Or Harry and Meghan didn't want them their.  Or William and Kate didn't want them used for Sussex PR.  Whatever.
Music in Motion

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: July 07, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »

W&K may not have wanted to wrangle their 3 kids at the event, which I understand.

And the press is continuing to speculate about the godparents, keeping this in the news longer than it needs to be. Which, IMO was the true reason for all the secrecy, to actually get more press for the Sussexes.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: July 07, 2019, 04:57:13 PM »

Three young kids are a lot for anyone but I have a feeling that William and Kate have a really good handle on their little ones and enjoy being with them. With Nanny Maria's support they seem to be a well loved bunch and know their manners because those two things go hand in hand. I think Will and Kate probably purposely left them at home. This is not a happy family gathering I mean look at those faces even being near Charles isn't keeping Doria from looking sour you know he is very solicitous to her. I think people did the minimum showed up were pleasant to all then left as soon as they could go. Was there even a lunch or were there just a few finger foods. I'm thinking H&M don't know how to have a proper celebration. I will bet even the Archbishop left for lunch elsewhere.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: July 07, 2019, 05:37:49 PM »

If William and Kate can "wrangle" their kids to their friend's weddings (people they have little to no blood relations with) then they can surely "wrangle" them to their own first cousins christening. They just didn't want to which of course tells A LOT.

Everyone looks like they're there because they feel like they have to be. Their expressions read, "let's get this effing thing over with so we can go back to stuff we want to do."

It's all really sad and pathetic. And those little tributes to Diana (Kate's earrings, the couch) mean nothing when the two people she loved more then anything are acting as they are, especially towards each other.
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: July 07, 2019, 06:14:36 PM »

Baby Archie is really gorgeous! He has is father's coloring and his mother's nose and eyes. The group picture is really awkward. I suppose they picked the nicest of the bunch... William seems to be smirking, Kate looks tense and both her smile and Camilla's look forced. Ms Ragland is no actress, and she doesn't look happy. The parents, in turn, are in their happy bubble, apparently oblivious to what is happening around them. I bet Kate looks fantastic in the pink dress, and I want to believe that her earrings ( if it is true that they are the ones Diana wore at Harry's baptism) are not a slight to Meghan, but a homage to Harry and to her late mother-in-law. Meghan's dress looks very... Meghan! She is so predictable that I had guessed that she would wear white, as she likes to do on special occasions. Her Dior dress looks too long and the fabric too thick for her petite frame... Harry's sloppiness is inexcusable, he and his brother should take a leaf out of their father's book: he is always appropriately dressed. I am sure that Harry can afford new shoes once in a while.
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: July 07, 2019, 06:38:27 PM »

Baby Archie is really gorgeous! He has is father's coloring and his mother's nose and eyes. The group picture is really awkward. I suppose they picked the nicest of the bunch... William seems to be smirking, Kate looks tense and both her smile and Camilla's look forced. Ms Ragland is no actress, and she doesn't look happy. The parents, in turn, are in their happy bubble, apparently oblivious to what is happening around them. I bet Kate looks fantastic in the pink dress, and I want to believe that her earrings ( if it is true that they are the ones Diana wore at Harry's baptism) are not a slight to Meghan, but a homage to Harry and to her late mother-in-law. Meghan's dress looks very... Meghan! She is so predictable that I had guessed that she would wear white, as she likes to do on special occasions. Her Dior dress looks too long and the fabric too thick for her petite frame... Harry's sloppiness is inexcusable, he and his brother should take a leaf out of their father's book: he is always appropriately dressed. I am sure that Harry can afford new shoes once in a while.
Which Disher's dad or grandad makes shoes? Is it CyrilSebastian? Time to make an appointment for the DoS.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: July 07, 2019, 06:57:47 PM »

So the Christening photo was taken in the same place as the wedding photo, with William and kate in almost the exact same place

Cool your jets, everyone
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: