Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - News & Events 2019  (Read 197973 times)
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2019, 02:54:13 AM »

According to Express and several other media:

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry’s private wedding photos have been leaked online after their official wedding photographer was hacked, according to reports.

I don’t get the big deal about this, the one pic I’ve seen looks like the ones they released, it’s nothing special or showing anything particularly candid.  One could almost wonder at the timing of this, the day before her return at TTC....
I haven't seen any pictures. What I find  worrying is the hacking. I don't know about these things but, if you hire someone for your wedding ( whatever event) pictures, should all the material be given to you or can the photographer keep it or any of it?

It's usually the other way around: The photographer keeps all the material and you pay for the photos you want to have. But only the photos you won't get the negatives or anything.

You're usually not allowed to reproduce the photos unless you pay for this right beforehand. Though you may also get them digitally nowadays. You are usually allowed to use for private interest like show them around to friends in private circles/ publish them on your own website, but aren't allowed to make money of it fe. sell them to a newspaper. That's the sole right of the owner of the copyright hence the photographer.

The photographer keeps them as they're his property. Of course bad photos will certainly be destroyed even before showing them to the customers.
Do photographers keep the copyright? Can they, for instance, exhibit them without the  posers' permission? Apologies, just my last question about this.

Depends on the terms of the contract.  If the photographer accepted a commission to take photos of the wedding then the agreement would - or should - almost certainly have contained a provision that copyright in all photographs he took would pass to the person/entity that engaged him.  
Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2019, 04:43:15 PM »

Thanks a lot, Margaret.  Smiley
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »

‘Prince Harry only has one request when he travels, according to his fellow polo player Nacho Figueras.
The model, 42, who has been nicknamed the 'David Beckham of polo' and is often pictured playing alongside Harry, 34, revealed that the Duke of Sussex is passionate about cutting back on the use of plastic in hotels.
Speaking to CBS, Nacho said of Harry: 'He talked to a person [who worked at the hotel] and said, 'This morning I got my coffee and I saw that you have a plastic thing on the coffee. And then I also sent my shirt and I got my shirt in a big plastic bag.''
According to the player, he then pleaded with the hotel to stop using as much plastic‘.

Seems him and Eugenie have the same views when it comes down to plastic. Wasn’t her wedding meant to be 100% plastic free?
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2019, 06:53:44 PM »

Pleaded with the hotel? Shut your face, cut the ribbon and go live your life of obscene privilege.

How dare this brain dead numpty lecture hotel workers.  Next time they should ball up his shirt and throw it at him.  Imagine going to work and some rich, entitled pr*ck lectures you on environmentalism, all the while traveling with an oxygen sucking entourage.

Good to see Nacho is still running interference, like a puppy.  Wonder how much he gets paid for repeating this drivel.  Do they think this makes them look good that Harry is hectoring hotel workers? Are they that dumb?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 06:59:54 PM by freethespoon » Logged

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »

As someone who traveled a lot for work (15 nights a month) and tries to live a low waste lifestyle my tips for Harry would be...don't use the hotel laundry for a 2 night trip (hello of course they'll use plastic bags that's standard) or if you must ask for them not to bag your shirt you send it out.  Staying in hotels is hard when your low waste...many things are done a certain way so to efficiency, cost, or local codes...but it's not Harry's place to lecture a hotel about their plastic use.  Lecturing others on what the should or should not due is rude and entitled...lead by example and check your privilege at the door.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2019, 07:03:27 PM »

Go naff off on another fossil fueled jet plane, Harry.

Lord Gˇn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »

‘Prince Harry only has one request when he travels, according to his fellow polo player Nacho Figueras.
The model, 42, who has been nicknamed the 'David Beckham of polo' and is often pictured playing alongside Harry, 34, revealed that the Duke of Sussex is passionate about cutting back on the use of plastic in hotels.
Speaking to CBS, Nacho said of Harry: 'He talked to a person [who worked at the hotel] and said, 'This morning I got my coffee and I saw that you have a plastic thing on the coffee. And then I also sent my shirt and I got my shirt in a big plastic bag.''
According to the player, he then pleaded with the hotel to stop using as much plastic‘.

Seems him and Eugenie have the same views when it comes down to plastic. Wasn’t her wedding meant to be 100% plastic free?

I me myself, a  non-English speaker, would have used the word lid. Unless there actually was some plastic thing on the liquid itself:if that was  the case, he obviously did the right thing .Unless he realized there was  some plastic thing when it was too late  and that's why he had to send the shirt to the laundry. If that was the case, he should have sent a recycled post- it with just one ,two words: Small ,please.
 Anyway, who am I to correct a prince or his buddy? Two people whose carbon footprint record I wouldn't break in many lives?
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2019, 08:32:15 PM »

The amount of waste in a long haul flight is staggering - the plastic covered food, plastic bagged pillows and duvets, plastic cups, every amenity in the kit is plastic wrapped, your silverware and cream and sugar, and this is before you even get to the CO2 issues.

Also, why can't he travel with a refillable coffee cup like they are selling in most grocery stores in the UK now? Everyone has to pitch in doing their part, at whatever level they can, and he is lecturing people? How much does it cost the environment to ship his horsies around? Or Nachos?
genegal43

Huge Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2019, 11:16:27 PM »

According to Express and several other media:

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry’s private wedding photos have been leaked online after their official wedding photographer was hacked, according to reports.

I don’t get the big deal about this, the one pic I’ve seen looks like the ones they released, it’s nothing special or showing anything particularly candid.  One could almost wonder at the timing of this, the day before her return at TTC....

Gutted there wasn’t one of the Queen and Phil doing the funky chicken.

Star   Laughing  Agreed!  That would be an awesome site!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:40 PM »

The amount of waste in a long haul flight is staggering - the plastic covered food, plastic bagged pillows and duvets, plastic cups, every amenity in the kit is plastic wrapped, your silverware and cream and sugar, and this is before you even get to the CO2 issues.

Also, why can't he travel with a refillable coffee cup like they are selling in most grocery stores in the UK now? Everyone has to pitch in doing their part, at whatever level they can, and he is lecturing people? How much does it cost the environment to ship his horsies around? Or Nachos?

Banana Star
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »

I work in the events/hospitality industry and it is there is so much waste, it's really discouraging. He could take little steps himself (travel with a refillable mug, don't use hotel toiletries, recycle, etc) but lecturing the poor hotel staff on something beyond their control is so rude. The industry is trying to do a lot to try to be more sustainable, so if he's serious about, find ways to work towards positive changes with groups who are focused on making those improvements rather than just blowing a bunch of hot air.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2019, 11:33:49 PM »

The poor hotel worker. They meet a Prince and the only memory they will have of that meeting is the numpty hectoring them for doing their job.

HazMat needs a leash and a clue. Imma start a Go Fund Me for him. 

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2019, 11:50:19 PM »

If he wants to avoid the plastic lid and the plastic bag over his laundered clothes, he could put his money where his mouth is and stay in private accommodation and not a hotel.  If he stays in hotels he has to put up with the hotel's methods and systems, most of which are there for good reasons such as efficiency and to comply with local food hygiene rules.  As others have suggested, he could use a refillable travel mug which a lot of venues are willing to accommodate if you take it to their coffee shop, or he could make his own coffee in his room and fill his mug there.  And he should think ahead and take enough clothes with him so he doesn't need to have them washed while he's away. 

In the longer term, he could involve himself with an environmental organisation that promotes alternative systems that reduce the use of plastic and agree to be a spokesman for them. 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2019, 11:55:47 PM »

If he wants to avoid the plastic lid and the plastic bag over his laundered clothes, he could put his money where his mouth is and stay in private accommodation and not a hotel.  If he stays in hotels he has to put up with the hotel's methods and systems, most of which are there for good reasons such as efficiency and to comply with local food hygiene rules.  As others have suggested, he could use a refillable travel mug which a lot of venues are willing to accommodate if you take it to their coffee shop, or he could make his own coffee in his room and fill his mug there.  And he should think ahead and take enough clothes with him so he doesn't need to have them washed while he's away. 

In the longer term, he could involve himself with an environmental organisation that promotes alternative systems that reduce the use of plastic and agree to be a spokesman for them

Oh dear god, please spare us. I'm so done with all that royal celebrities lecturing us common peasants about the taste of bread, while eating caviar.

Harry and his wife already have a special place in this.
ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2019, 12:05:18 AM »

Wouldn't it be better to phone ahead and ask for no unnecessary plastic to be used rather than having a bit of a go at hotel staff after the fact? At least if they know ahead of time they won't use the plastic in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: