Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - News & Events 2019  (Read 190138 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2019, 12:06:02 AM »

Yeah, cut the ribbon, kids.  These guys are the modern equivalent of a freak show. They should play to their strengths which is to perform for the paying public.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2019, 12:11:32 AM »

^ typical hypocrite.
Just like lecturing people about how evil the web is for the younger generation while having a wive who could not survive without Insta ... and addressing their stans only through social media.

There are actually things like certified eco hotels which do serious efforts to work without plastic. Why not simply checking in there?

If I have a general complaint in a hotel, I take it to the management or use their suggestion form. I'd never dare to lecture the actual personnel - they are just not the right addressees (unless they served the wrong meal or drink contrary to what was ordered). They have a job to do which they do best as they can.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2019, 12:31:00 AM »

If he wants to avoid the plastic lid and the plastic bag over his laundered clothes, he could put his money where his mouth is and stay in private accommodation and not a hotel.  If he stays in hotels he has to put up with the hotel's methods and systems, most of which are there for good reasons such as efficiency and to comply with local food hygiene rules.  As others have suggested, he could use a refillable travel mug which a lot of venues are willing to accommodate if you take it to their coffee shop, or he could make his own coffee in his room and fill his mug there.  And he should think ahead and take enough clothes with him so he doesn't need to have them washed while he's away. 

In the longer term, he could involve himself with an environmental organisation that promotes alternative systems that reduce the use of plastic and agree to be a spokesman for them

Oh dear god, please spare us. I'm so done with all that royal celebrities lecturing us common peasants about the taste of bread, while eating caviar.

Harry and his wife already have a special place in this.

OK, I agree I hadn't thought that bit through.  I had in mind that if he genuinely cares about minimising the use of plastic he should make a serious effort to do something to make it happen, but maybe being spokesman is not the way.  I don't think my idea of spokesman is the same as Harry's.   I don't want him and his wife lecturing me.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »

So Harry is using this Nacho guy who barely knows him to talk to the press and make him look good?

Actions louder than words, Harry - thought he recognized that due to his actual work he has done but that's all forgotten now! Let's lecture everyone like a true Hollywood celebrity wannabe, through a mouthpiece!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2019, 02:19:11 AM »

Wouldn't it be better to phone ahead and ask for no unnecessary plastic to be used rather than having a bit of a go at hotel staff after the fact? At least if they know ahead of time they won't use the plastic in the first place.

I'm probably being REALLY stupid and naive at the moment but I'm shocked they actually let peasant hotel staff touch their personal stuff. I would have thought someone in their entourage (how many people travel with them???) does it no matter where they go  Blush Blush Blush Blush

Harry's acting like every other celebrity and politician. Preaches to the masses one thing but does another for themselves. Only difference is those people got to where they are by the people whereas Harry.....  So yes he looks worse then any of them with all this lecturing
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 02:28:04 AM by NAOTMAA » Logged
karma chamelion

Huge Member

Henry "Hotspur" Percy Esperance en Dieu

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2019, 04:06:55 AM »

So Harry is using this Nacho guy who barely knows him to talk to the press and make him look good?

Actions louder than words, Harry - thought he recognized that due to his actual work he has done but that's all forgotten now! Let's lecture everyone like a true Hollywood celebrity wannabe, through a mouthpiece!

Why not, what's good for Meghan is good for Harry, right? Her entire side of the wedding party was made up of people Imelda barely new. No way Oprah knew who she was before Handbag came along. And then she rounds up these newfound friends and has them weep to the cameras about how she's so misunderstood.

They're all a bunch of holier than thou hypocrites who have zero credibility outside their own little bubbles.

We are made of the love of thousands.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2019, 04:24:49 AM »

‘Prince Harry only has one request when he travels, according to his fellow polo player Nacho Figueras.
The model, 42, who has been nicknamed the 'David Beckham of polo' and is often pictured playing alongside Harry, 34, revealed that the Duke of Sussex is passionate about cutting back on the use of plastic in hotels.
Speaking to CBS, Nacho said of Harry: 'He talked to a person [who worked at the hotel] and said, 'This morning I got my coffee and I saw that you have a plastic thing on the coffee. And then I also sent my shirt and I got my shirt in a big plastic bag.''
According to the player, he then pleaded with the hotel to stop using as much plastic‘.

Seems him and Eugenie have the same views when it comes down to plastic. Wasn’t her wedding meant to be 100% plastic free?

so lemme get this right:

why is it the MOST priveleged who lectures us mere helots WITHOUT amending their decadent profligate lifestyle want the rest of us to be caring to environment?

So some animals are more equal than others, eh? Snare

FFS grow up. Dead

G Crap

Star curtains, tsarina, SF ralf103, tct  Thumb up

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:16 AM »

Wouldn't it be better to phone ahead and ask for no unnecessary plastic to be used rather than having a bit of a go at hotel staff after the fact? At least if they know ahead of time they won't use the plastic in the first place.

I actually work in a hotel. In fact I work for a hotel chain that is extremely popular and well known across the world.

A request like this would get laughed at in the back office while we tell the guest we’ll do what we can.

There’s no way to avoid plastic, waste, and environmentally harmful chemicals in hotels because of stringent sanitation laws. The biggest thing a guest can do is let housekeeping know they don’t need their sheets/towels changed daily because that wastes an insane amount of water and energy. Everything is else is out of our hands because can we can get shut down if housekeeping doesn’t follow strict rules.

I’m a Harry sugar, but if this is true, it’s pretty out of touch of him.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2019, 10:11:45 AM »

This is why its all so Token. A vague 'reduce waste in hotels' is not helpful and incredibly naive. He could make a point about bringing his own toiletries (probably does anyway), his own coffee mug, and not having the sheets changed daily, or seeking out and supporting innovation and companies that are looking at new ways to manage this. That would go a lot further than getting the wife to flap on about her friend's wellness retreats at... resorts.
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: June 10, 2019, 10:30:53 AM »

He is such a rude jerk. If he wants to do sth for the enivronment, well he then needs to stop all those flights (hunting weekends away, holidays, flights to the US, flying to events instead of taking an ordinary train), should not have had several houses remodelled (wasts a lot of resourcess), needs to stop his wife to use all those plastic she uses and force her to stop buying new dresses for the next decade (lots of water and other resources are waste in making clothes)...
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: June 10, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »

Nacho with Cheese is proving to be the new Priyanka. Useful and stupid. I am enjoying this new evolution of the HazBeens.

Can you imagine the brainstorming for this little charade in the hotel. 'OMG, we should totally have you concerned about environmental waste. How can we do it....?  I know! You're in a hotel and you notice the waste. You could ignore it but you're a Prince and a game changer, so you yourself go and speak to a minimum wage hotel worker and plead with them to change their awful ways.  It will be great.  It will show that you think about this all the time and that's it's so important so you don't send a staff member to relay the message... you go and do it yourself.  Man of Action. You don't just talk about changing the world, you actually go downstairs to bother hotel workers.  But we don't want you to talk about this because that looks thirsty so who can we find who will mindlessly relay messages for us... Nacho with Cheese.  Get him on the phone'.

Meanwhile, actual PR people say 'uh no, don't do that'.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 12:16:39 PM by freethespoon » Logged

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: June 10, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »

I actually work in a hotel. In fact I work for a hotel chain that is extremely popular and well known across the world.

A request like this would get laughed at in the back office while we tell the guest we’ll do what we can.

There’s no way to avoid plastic, waste, and environmentally harmful chemicals in hotels because of stringent sanitation laws. The biggest thing a guest can do is let housekeeping know they don’t need their sheets/towels changed daily because that wastes an insane amount of water and energy. Everything is else is out of our hands because can we can get shut down if housekeeping doesn’t follow strict rules.

The whole hotel thing is "hit and miss" - some 5* ones are very well cleaned - others less so. I'm OK with that if it is very well done on the day I check in and less so the other days - depending on how long I am staying. I open bedroom/bathroom windows even in winter at home and don't change my towels after every use - I don't think you need a fresh one every day in a hotel unless it is very humid and no way of it drying out - most hotel bathrooms are fully enclosed so no ventilation really and once you have left the room no air conditioning works. As for glasses or mugs - plastic is the better way to go - do you want to drink out of a glass or use china that is just wiped over in the bathroom sink Huh??? All of these should be removed and put through a dishwasher - but it doesn't happen unless you order room service.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: June 10, 2019, 12:42:21 PM »

The whole hotel thing is "hit and miss" - some 5* ones are very well cleaned - others less so. I'm OK with that if it is very well done on the day I check in and less so the other days - depending on how long I am staying. I open bedroom/bathroom windows even in winter at home and don't change my towels after every use - I don't think you need a fresh one every day in a hotel unless it is very humid and no way of it drying out - most hotel bathrooms are fully enclosed so no ventilation really and once you have left the room no air conditioning works. As for glasses or mugs - plastic is the better way to go - do you want to drink out of a glass or use china that is just wiped over in the bathroom sink Huh??? All of these should be removed and put through a dishwasher - but it doesn't happen unless you order room service.

Exactly and frankly some of these anti plastic dimwits are a little too much. Plastic is necessary in many ways. Hotel sanitation being one of those ways. Absolutely stop with the cheap plastic throw away party favors and things of that nature. But, this kind of thing shows Harry for what he is. An absolute “Himbo” who gloms on to the latest buzzwords without knowing wtf he is talking about. Sort of like a meme I have seen going around that says something to the effect of “look at my paper straw....in a completely plastic disposable cup”

SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: June 10, 2019, 04:11:13 PM »

Interesting to see where his priorities are. He's perfectly happy to use private jets but throws a hissy fit if his coffee has a plastic lid on it.  Whistle
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: June 10, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »

Interesting to see where his priorities are. He's perfectly happy to use private jets but throws a hissy fit if his coffee has a plastic lid on it.  Whistle

He is not only one with this problem.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: