Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry - News & Events 2019  (Read 163162 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

BTW, I am still wondering which hotel in Rome he stayed in ... that served a coffee with a plastic lid at all.

Italy has a coffee culture after all, and no matter if espresso or cappuccino, they are served in pre-warmed, thick porcelain cups - at every the bar next corner, and certainly also at a 5* hotel.

So if he got a "to go" with a plastic lid, it was most probably an "cafe americano lungo", which says volumes about his taste ...

Wink
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »

BTW, I am still wondering which hotel in Rome he stayed in ... that served a coffee with a plastic lid at all.

Italy has a coffee culture after all, and no matter if espresso or cappuccino, they are served in pre-warmed, thick porcelain cups - at every the bar next corner, and certainly also at a 5* hotel.

So if he got a "to go" with a plastic lid, it was most probably an "cafe americano lungo", which says volumes about his taste ...

Wink

I donít think we can ever accuse Hazza of being cultured Wink
Lady Liebe

Large Member

United States United States

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »

Harry needs to talk to the hotel management, not on the local level but corporate level, and he needs to make changes in his own life first.

We traveled in Africa recently. For the most part, except for our voluminous bottled water intake, there was very little plastic waste available to make. I can think of yogurt containers, plastic cutlery at lunch in the field, and toiletries (I brought our own due to allergies). Laundry was sent out and returned in a hotel provided cloth bag in one instance and in the other in a lovely lined clothes basket.

Long haul flights  - you'll never be able to get away from the myriad use o plastic, and really, it's for our own sanitation.

I do hope someone is working on a plastic that is strong yet biodegradable, and affordable.

GoodGollyMissMolly, any hope for hotel rooms cleaned with unscented products?

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2019, 05:58:13 PM »

Just me but lecturing others on how they can do better, when you make no effort yourself.... kinda empty and meaningless.

Leave the hotel workers and management alone.  Actually live the life you preach.  Showcase its amazing benefits.  And people will follow.

But that is far too much long game for our empty headed prince.  Lecturing hotel workers and having your shills blab about it to the media: that's game changing.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »

Unfortunately, no one will call him on it. No one will tell him he's an idiot and says stupid things. Won't be Charles because he's as clueless as his son, maybe Phillip will  have a go at him and tell to STFU, you and that wife of yours!  Ranting
GoodGollyMissMolly

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »

Harry needs to talk to the hotel management, not on the local level but corporate level, and he needs to make changes in his own life first.

We traveled in Africa recently. For the most part, except for our voluminous bottled water intake, there was very little plastic waste available to make. I can think of yogurt containers, plastic cutlery at lunch in the field, and toiletries (I brought our own due to allergies). Laundry was sent out and returned in a hotel provided cloth bag in one instance and in the other in a lovely lined clothes basket.

Long haul flights  - you'll never be able to get away from the myriad use o plastic, and really, it's for our own sanitation.

I do hope someone is working on a plastic that is strong yet biodegradable, and affordable.

GoodGollyMissMolly, any hope for hotel rooms cleaned with unscented products?

When you make a reservation for a hotel, ask for your room to be hypo allergenic cleaned. Itís the deepest cleaning they can do (vacuum the vents, smack the curtains etc). They also use less harsh chemicals that donít have any fragrance.

Usually the fragrant products are the ones that are damn near radioactive in killing things and thatís why the scent is so strong.
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »

GoodGollyMissMolly, any hope for hotel rooms cleaned with unscented prod

When you make a reservation for a hotel, ask for your room to be hypo allergenic cleaned. Itís the deepest cleaning they can do (vacuum the vents, smack the curtains etc). They also use less harsh chemicals that donít have any fragrance.

Usually the fragrant products are the ones that are damn near radioactive in killing things and thatís why the scent is so strong.

THANKS GGMM!  Star We long ago started camping for long trips in the US, but staying in a hotel for short stays  - one or two days for weddings etc. would be handy.
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »

ĎThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex have wished the Duke of Edinburgh, or "Grandpa", a happy birthday on Instagram.

On Monday 10 June, Prince Philip celebrated his 98th birthday.

To mark the milestone, several members of the royal family shared birthday posts in celebration of the duke on social media.

One of these posts came from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who shared a photograph of the duke with his grandfather at the 2015 Rugby World Cup from the @sussexroyal Instagram account.

"Wishing His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh, Sir, Grandpa a very Happy 98th Birthday!" the Instagram caption read.Ď

I read that quickly and thought they had written ĎSir Grandpaí! I thought, thatís a very unusual way to address your grandfather but royals do as royals do.

What is with their instance of including familial titles in their Instagram posts when everyone else uses HRH, Prince, Princess, etc. They called The Queen ĎGrannyí and didnít use titles in their comments of the Cambridge childrenís birthday posts on the Kensington Instagram. My issue with this is that it feels over familiar and this is meant to be a professional Instagram account. I donít know, maybe Iím the only one but it feels a bit odd to me. What do you guys think?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2019, 10:13:01 PM »

No, you're not alone in this. Privately they may call the Queen or Philip whatever they wish...queenie, granny, Lizzie...

However this is an instagram account that can be read by millions of people and it's totally not appropriate to use any kind of nicknames.

I hope they visited/called grandpa Philip too, because I'm almost certain that he doesn't read their instragram.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:23:00 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2019, 10:20:06 PM »

ITA

Unlike Eugenie's instagram which is personal but reports on her engagements as appropriate...with informal language as everything is written by Eugenie...sussexroyal is a "professional" instagram.  If you a going to refer to yourselves in the third personal as The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and them His/Her/Their Royal Highness(es) then all posts/comments should follow suit.  The Duke and Duchess of Sussex pay tribute to The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis while Harry and Meghan (or I/we when writing) pay tribute to granny, grandpa, Charlotte, and Louis.
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Planning future havoc

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »

No, you're not alone in this. Privately they may call the Queen or Philip whatever they wish...queenie, granny, Lizzie...

However this is an instagram account that can be read by millions of people and it's totally not appropriate to use any kind of nicknames.

I hope they visited/called grandpa Philip too, because I'm almost certain that he doesn't read their instragram.

Yeah, Phillip's all about instagram . . . .  Grin
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

Nah. He's a man of few words. He's on Twitter. You can use salty language there without getting tossed out.
 Whistle
 ~End of OT comment.~

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2019, 10:42:08 PM »

Wink

I donít think we can ever accuse Hazza of being cultured Wink

We are not puting that burden on his shoulders, no!

NAOTMAA

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2019, 01:55:51 AM »

ITA

Unlike Eugenie's instagram which is personal but reports on her engagements as appropriate...with informal language as everything is written by Eugenie...sussexroyal is a "professional" instagram.  If you a going to refer to yourselves in the third personal as The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and them His/Her/Their Royal Highness(es) then all posts/comments should follow suit.  The Duke and Duchess of Sussex pay tribute to The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis while Harry and Meghan (or I/we when writing) pay tribute to granny, grandpa, Charlotte, and Louis.

I made the point when we were talking about titles for Archie that Harry and Meghan seem not to care about titles and using them when it comes to everyone else yet when it comes to themselves they get all high and mighty with HRH Duke/Duchess, the whole shebang. They love whipping out the titles when they refer to themselves yet don't seem to care about mentioning anybody else's titles when addressing them. Formal for themselves and informal for everybody else.

You can tell just by that alone how narcissistic and full of themselves they are. Its no wonder they have trouble keeping a proper staff long term.    
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: June 11, 2019, 06:38:17 AM »

Yeah, that type of ambiguity cannot exist in a system built on strict hierarchy. How much you want to bet that Megz is like a horrible boss who one minute says "oh we are really informal here, we share ideas! You can call me Meghan" and the second her status/position is threatened/she  needs an ego boost/got out of the bed the wrong side its "You need to stop being so informal and address me as HRH. And all of your ideas are terrible and mine are the best." No one can work in that sort of environment and stay mentally healthy (trust me!) and if you were staff from another Royal HH and expected finely demarcated lines and expectations of behavior on both sides of that line, this would be a mess.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: